Saturday, May 23, 2009

3rd Wedding Anniversary: The year of the Nendoroids

Sorry Eden of the East. :( I know today is your day to be posted....but pictures of my lovelies are sitting on my camera and they are begging to be posted. I promise I will blog you tomorrow.

(Not that my promises mean much XD)

According to the internet the gifts that are traditionally exchanged on a 3rd wedding anniversary are ones made of leather or those made of glass/crystal. Well...it is a good thing we are not a traditional couple. ON TO THE FIGURINES!

Photobucket

Way better than leather anyway!



So after the intial MOG you got me these nendoroids moment, it was time to decide: to open or not to open. Do I become one of those people who proudly display their loveliness forever in a box or do I take them out and forever ruined the mint condition value?

Photobucket

Scoffing at my hard decision.

Clearly I do not care about mint condition. XD

These three are my first big nendoroids so I had to get use to how to change around their different parts. I was almost afraid of pulling too hard! I can't be breaking my lovelies already!

Photobucket

Welcome to my collection!



Photobucket

Too cute for words!

Miku from Vocaloid2 was the very first nendoroid I ever saw and thanks to her I got quickly obsessed with finding out more about these cuties. I might not be familiar with the Vocaloid products but I do know she is BEYOND cute. Out of three nendoroids I got in the mail she looks the most complicated and detailed oriented. She is also quite wide with her hair taking up tons of space.

Photobucket

Rarw. I am scary.

Saber from Fate/Stay Night was the biggest surprise out of the three. Since she was one of the oldest nendoroids I thought I would never get her. I figured that I was late to this craze party and that she would be too expensive. So imagine my surprise when GASP she was sitting there on my lap. I love her facial expressions. FEAR HER!

Photobucket

My head is full of thoughts.

L from Death Note is by far the heaviest out of the three. Seriously his head is so big he falls over half the time. I would pose him for a picture and crash he went. But he also came with the most faces so that is fun. XD It is hard to look at that cute face and remember he came from a violent anime series.

Photobucket

This has a 99 percent chance of not being cute.



Photobucket

MOG MURDER!

Then I had a special attack and decided to switch them all about. L's big head messed me up from changing their facial expressions so I settled for an outfit change. The result is crack.

Photobucket

Cosplaying: You're doing it right XD

Of course someone from the tiny nendoroid family had to greet the new arrivals. Haruhi being the special person she is decided that task could only be completed by her. Doesn't L look thrilled?

Photobucket

Are you kidding me?

So those are my happy anniversary gift. They are all quite lovely and I can't wait for that shelf to MAGICALLY nail itself to the wall so I can display them proudly. Watch out for another one of these posts in the near future as my husband says one more nendoroid is on the way. Yay for gifts that keep on coming.

Photobucket

A new friend? Do Not Want.


No comments: