Sunday, May 3, 2009

Eden of the East Episode 4

Eden of the East is my weekend anime that wraps up the crazy week that is work and animes that make me go X_X. I think it is a great anime to end my blogging week and stimulate my brain after I fill my mind with useless (but funny) reality shows.

But even so I was a little late blogging this episode. I am still a slacker at heart. XD Next week I will try to post this series either on Friday or Saturday so I can keep up with my own personal schedule. Try being the special word in that sentence of course.

But enough with the excuses. On to the show that has everyone going X_X after every new detail of the game is learned. Woot for Eden of the East!



Photobucket

Understatement of the year buddy. X_X

Saki arrives home and collapses on the floor due to her special adventure. Her brother in law comes in and warns her that her sister is less than pleased with her all night out escapade and warns her to hide out in her room. Akira asks Juiz questions about his past and why he erased his memories but she is unable to answer any of these questions. Akira remembers that the detective said to ask other Selecao’s about his past so Akira looks up a certain Selecao on his phone. He asks Juiz to give him the location of someone who had made medical purchases recently. During his search for this certain Selecao he gets a little lost and ends up at ground zero from a missile. There are two workers around who witness Akira acting out a movie scene and generally being special. Saki’s sister comes up to her room to make sure she is okay and to tell her she got like 10 stalker phone calls from that Ohsugi dude. She talks about how she rescheduled her interview and the stalker Ohsugi wants to go with her. Saki plays with her cell phone and texts Akira to see how he is doing. Akira makes it to a hospital and tells the desk nurse that he wants to see Doctor So and So. When she said that won’t be possible Akira tells her to tell the good doctor a fellow Selecao wants to speak with him. Akira tries to read a magazine in his spare time but an old dude appears and starts talking about how Hiura (the doctor) is the messiah. X_X

Photobucket

Random old dude is random (and old).

The doctor calls Akira and assumes that Akira is the supporter here to kill him. Akira tries to convince him he has no idea what is going on and he just wants answers. The doctor seems upset that he is going to be killed off when he still has money left but agrees to help Akira out. A nurse comes by and gives Akira some medicine. Akira takes the pills and immediately passes out. He wakes up hours later and throws up all over the floor. A little machine rolls up containing a phone and a purple light. Mr. Outside answers the phone and explains the terms of the game. Mr. Outside has decided to select 12 Selecao’s and one of them will also be known as the Supporter. If anyone gets out of line, breaks the rules, or spends all their money and does not save the nation the Supporter will come and take them out. Mr. Outside does not reveal whether or not the Selecao who is the Supporter will know they are the Supporter. Mr. Outside also explains that every single one of these people he selects really had a desire to save the nation. While Mr. Outside explains how everyone receives this huge amount of money and how they each have to save the nation in their own way, the viewers see how Akira was introduced to Mr. Outside (as a riding newspaper boy). If the Selecao’s fail to actually try to spend the money, fail to use their phones for a long period of time, or if they use the money for their own advantage they will be taken out. If a Selecao uses all their money and fails to save the nation they will be taken out. Only one Selecao will be able to save the nation and be spared and will eventually be lead to the game master.

Photobucket

He says with such confidence.

The doctor walks in and explains he knocked Akira out because he was afraid Akira was the Supporter and he had one last task he wanted to accomplish. The doctor says that all Selecao’s went through the process Akira just saw. The doctor then explains how he was feeling dissatisfied with his role as a doctor and that he felt as if he reached his limit. But when he received this money he was able to create a hospital that helped take care of old people abandoned by the country and built an entire town to support and run this hospital. He used some of his money to bribe some people for policy or some crap. The doctor knows he is not going to win this contest and Akira calls Outside a monster. The doctor seems accept his fate and has no regrets. Akira wants to give the doctor half his money so he won’t die but the doctor says that he doesn’t want that. The doctor also goes on to say he doesn’t know who Akira is but lists some of the items Akira bought with his 2 billion yen. He also doesn’t know much about Akira’s personality before the mind wipe but thinks Akira is a great person now. The doctor says he is happy to have met Akira before he died. Akira is sad about that statement but leaves the building anyway. The doctor calls Juiz and thanks her for all the hard work she put in for him. He hangs up the phone and the Supporter walks in. The doctor seems to know him and isn’t surprised or worried about his death. Akira checks his phone and sees that the doctor has been taken out. Akira is upset and vows to find out who is behind all this crap. THE END!

Photobucket

I shall pretend YOU are the bad guy because it makes no sense!

Aw. :( Even though this episode was pretty great it left me a little sad. Good but still with a sad face.

And why do I have a sad face? Because there was no Saki and Akira interaction at all. I think part of what made the previous episodes so great was their interaction with each other. In this episode they didn’t see each other at all and that left me a little sad face. Hopefully they reunite soon.

Photobucket

See Saki is sad too. :(

I say that because without Akira, Saki is a little boring. I am sure that Saki is much more interesting than me but in the realm of this show Saki does have a pretty peaceful life considering what has happened. Saki is a cute girl but the drama with her job and that dork boy who called her 2385976 times is a little whatever. It would be more interesting if this show was a slice of life anime but it’s not so her drama is not.

Photobucket

Life is tough for Saki. For real.

Akira’s side of the episode had much more drama and details to make up for Saki’s interview and internal sighing. The way he handles all this crazy stuff in his life with a smile on his face makes me go X_X. Surly if I were finding out all this crazy stuff I would not be okay with it all and finding out more information. I would probably be in the corner crying and asking for it to stop.

Photobucket

I can see how he would be an awesome candidate to save Japan.

But Akira is amazing and clearly I am not. He actually wants to seek out other Selecao’s after meeting crazy detective who wanted to kill him. He seems rather calm about the whole you die after you spend the entire money thing. He is being told detail after detail about his crazy life and he is just rolling with it. He is more concerned about if he is a terrorist or not rather than the fact that someone is going to kill him and probably sooner rather than later.

Photobucket

Yeah, I would be giving up.

But I guess that is natural. If there was the possibility that I murdered 20,000 people (or whatever they were referred to) I would be concerned too. I would be running for my life making sure some other people wasn’t out to kill me but yes I would be concerned about the fact in my past life I was a murderer. I would think that I took the easy way out of dealing with the consequences of my crime by erasing my memories. But I might take the cowards way out and try not to find out about myself. I might just pretend I can start over with my life and ignore the fact that I killed that many people. Akira is better than I am. XD

Photobucket

Akira will brave the truth, even if it means puking his guts out and sparkly purple lights!

I felt bad for the doctor man. I mean, clearly that detective dude was evil and wasn’t using his money in the proper way. Instead he was killing people and wanting to run off with his mistress. But the doctor was really trying to help people and was leaving a positive impact on society. He was actually trying to make life better for people and in the end he was still killed. :( Sad blogger is sad.

Photobucket

LIES! He is a great doctor!

More needs to be explained about this game. The rules seem rather unfair and very subjective but it seems as if these people had no CHOICE in playing this game. I can see how people would want to join because they are greedy or because they do believe they are special enough to change the world…but randomly being picked for such a bizarre game is special. Especially since it looks like Akira was a bike salesmen. I am not sure what makes him a candidate for this game but I am sure we will find out soon. Or at least I hope soon.

Photobucket

Not good enough! FAIL!

I don’t want each episode to be Akira finding the next Selecao, finding out what they have done with the money, and watch them get taken out. That would be rather boring, even if more details are revealed along the way. That and I am not sure Saki would be up for this kind of adventure. But she might help him find out who he is if he leaves out the details about his impending death and the maybe 20,000 dead people.

Photobucket

With that said I thought this Selecao is pretty interesting.

I want to know who the Supporter is and why that person was special enough to have that much power in the game. The Doctor seems to know the Supporter so that makes me want to know what is going on! Don’t leave me out of the drama and details people. The Supporter is going to be the person we least suspect so I will go with Saki’s brother. Mmmm me and my random theories.

Photobucket

Curse you shadows!

The movie scene with Akira jumping off into the pile of creepy people was special. I guess I am not getting the movie reference and I thought it didn’t add to the plot. But the most special part of this episode was the pile of puke. This anime actually decided to pay attention to details and keeping up with continuation…..but they decided to do so with a pile of puke. :( Next time feel free to ignore the pile of puke and not reshow it.

Photobucket

Yeah....not getting it at all.

So that is it for this week. We got another Selecao down and Akira is still not any closer to finding out any answers. If anything Akira might have picked up a few tiny clues but nothing that will really help him in the long run. Or maybe he did and I am just special. I just hope next week Akira interrupts this special date with Saki and stalker boy and maybe Saki can lend a hand. XD More Saki and Akira togetherness please!



No comments: