Sunday, April 5, 2009

Shugo Chara Doki Episode 77

WOOT! Shugo Chara is special enough to get its own post this week. Since every other show of mine has ended or yet to start...Shugo Chara and Chrome Shelled Regios are my only weekly anime series left! XD and since I have been slacking I haven't even seen Chrome Shelled Regios this week....so WOOT Shugo Chara gets a post to itself.

Photobucket

Where are all the new shows?!

I was expecting to maybe do my final post about Tales of the Abyss...but it hasn't been subbed yet. Then I was expecting a new series of mine (one that might be interested in) to be up and subbed. Nope. So while I am waiting for a new series I figured I would blog about this Shugo Chara episode.

I mean, how could I NOT?! This episode was full of drama and there was a serious lack of filler characters. And how could I pass on an opportunity to bash Tadase in his very own post. So let the bashing commence!




Photobucket

Bring on the hugs!

Amu thinks back to how she tried to be honest with Tadase but he dumped on Ikuto instead. She fails to see how Ikuto can be a black cat of misfortune when he is laying out on her bed reading mangas and looking relaxed. She gets a little miff that he didn’t greet her warmly when she returned home but muses he reminds her more of a house cat than one of misfortune. Amu remembers that she is worried about his arm and demands to see it. Ikuto lies and says his back is hurt so he can sneak a hug out of Amu. Amu gets slightly ticked off that she is deemed gullible but the conversation soon changes to Yoru’s missing status. He is quickly found and explains after escaping the other Charas he came back home…and was abducted by Ami. Who wants to dress all the Charas up. Ikuto enjoys (from under a blanket) the sibling love. At dinner time the conversation bounces from Ami almost spilling the beans about the Charas to Amu’s dad being all weird about Tadase. Ikuto is forced to here all this praise about Tadase and everyone feels bad for him (or at least I do). Ikuto thinks back to happier times in his life when his dad was around and they were a perfect family too.

Photobucket

Chibi Ikuto and Utau are too cute for words!

The next day Amu is being dramatic about how hard it is being her. Tadase greets her warmly and Yaya and Rima jump all over that. Before people can get all insane Nagihiko reminds them about their interview after school. Because in Shugo Chara it makes sense that little 3rd graders are reporters for a school newspaper. Yaya almost ruins everything with her stupid thinking but Nagihiko saves the day. He explains that they do important things for the school and makes sure everyone has a happy school life. They then take turns watering the plants with the smaller kids and the only one who rocks apparently is Tadase. The smaller kids pick up on the fact Amu is staring at Tadase and demand to know the dirt. After school the rest of the Guardians make up special excuses so Tadase and Amu can spend time alone together. Tadase takes forever but basically asks Amu out to some flower festival. Amu freaks out happily and skips home. She is then reminded that Ikuto is in her room and decides to lie about where she is going. When Ikuto teases her she decides that HE has to take a bath and she locks the both of them in the bathroom. After sniping at Ikuto for being a pervert and nearly getting caught by Amu’s mom, Ikuto showers much to all fan girls delight and Amu just sits on the floor NOT LOOKING. But when Ikuto proves to her he won’t peep while she is changing she smiles to herself and knows Ikuto is a good person. She decides she is going to convince Tadase of that on their date. Or that would have been the plan had Amu’s mom not caught Ikuto and Amu leaving the bathroom together.

Photobucket

Pay no attention to the naked man behind the curtain!

Shockingly Amu’s mother does not tear Ikuto into tiny pieces and feed him to the fishes. She instead expresses sadness that Amu didn’t trust her enough to inform her of this problem. Amu’s mom states that she knows they are both good kids and wants to trust them. Amu apologizes for hiding things and Ikuto offers to leave. Amu’s mother decides that even though Ikuto can’t stay there they will put him up in a business hotel and take care of him. Everyone is happy and it is rainbows and kittens. Ikuto even shares with her a little part of his life (well, that she should be lucky with her family and implies that his is not so great). The warm fuzzy moment is ruined when Tadase shows up. Amu demands that Ikuto stay in the room as she greets Tadase. Tadase is there because you know he thinks that the only reason Amu was late was because she was in an accident or something. Before Tadase can skip off with Amu Ikuto decides to leave the room. Ikuto taunts Tadase and tells him that he has been in Amu’s room this entire time and heard his lame confession. Tadase gets all hurt while he runs away all blushy and embarrassed. Amu screams at Ikuto to get and that she never wants to see him again. She runs after Tadase while Ikuto pretends not to care. While leaving Yoru tells Ikuto he realizes he was just trying to distance himself from Amu and her family to not put them in danger. Cue EASTER cornering Ikuto and dragging him away. The newspaper kids give the other Guardians the finished newspaper with the main article being about Amu and Tadase, the super couple. Amu is searching the city and crying to herself. She thinks that this is the worst thing she has ever done to another person and worries about what she should do. The end.

Photobucket

I forget what it's like to be 12 and in "like".

A lot of drama in this episode and no lame friend of the week or Lulu? How amazing is this and how long can it last? (hint: it ends next week).

Photobucket

Don't leave me fun times!

Nagihiko got a few lines this week! I am shocked and amazed! Nagihiko is questioned about the return of his sister again and he becomes flustered. I do miss the very confident Nadeshiko part of Nagihiko. It is fun to see him freaking out and all…but that is not the kind of Nagihiko I want to see. I want to see someone happy with who they are and comfortable in their own skin. Can we please get his arc over with? I want those eggs to hatch and Nagihiko to tell Amu the truth!

Photobucket

I want my Nagihiko back!

Rima and Yaya had very limited screen time this week…but they are still special. I am not sure when they became such close friends but now they can’t be separated! They are partners in making Amu blushy and getting laughs from people. A very silly duo indeed.

Photobucket

Don't encourage it!

Amu’s mom…..*sigh* I see that some bloggers are happy that Amu’s mother trusts her and didn’t punish her and YAY mother of the year award. Yeah, in the real world that wouldn’t have happened.

Photobucket

Although she does get calmest mother of the year award.

Had this happened in my house, that I was hiding a 17 year old boy IN MY BED and my mother caught us both in the bathroom in different clothes than we went in with, I am quite sure the boy would be dead and I would be grounded…still to this day. And I wouldn’t call her mean or over dramatic. I would expect that kind of reaction. That is a NORMAL reaction.

Photobucket

LE SIGH at the momma.

But this is shojo anime and parents of the main heroine are magical and do not judge. They just sit back and trust that their kids will always do the right thing. I mean, that is why their kid is so awesome right? I mean, I am not asking for a severe beating or anything like that. I just wish Amu had received consequences for her actions, that sometimes there are issues that are too much for a kid to handle and coming to an adult is for the best.

Photobucket

I hope that Amu really does learn from this.

After all that is said and done Amu’s mother did almost the right thing. I think she should have found out more about his home situation before deciding what to do. My first reaction would be to call the parents if more information wasn’t given to me. But I like how she didn’t throw Ikuto out on the streets. She realized that maybe Ikuto isn’t some sex crazed teenager and decided that he needed a little help too. So yay for that.

Photobucket

No more flinging Ikuto around.

The newspaper kids were slightly annoying. There were just there to make the ending of the episode sad and ironic. That and get some laughs from the Guardians in the gardens. And I am still not buying that the Guardians are that important to the school. XD Student council with capes INDEED!

Photobucket

Amu is being grilled by all!

So to the meat of the episode. Bleh….Tadase is annoying. He needs to stop blushing and be more of a man. I mean, I get that he looks girly. But now that he has confessed his feelings to Amu he needs to also be more confident with how he carries himself. Not “bossy” or “demanding” but self confident. I am sure he could do that and I would still find fault with him so...maybe it is not that big of a deal. XD

Photobucket

Once more with feeling!

Ikuto is such a laid back character is amazes me that he and Tadase are both that important to Amu. Aren’t girls supposed to want the bad boys anyway? In any event I find him to be a much better choice due to his whatever kind of personality. He manages to make Amu mad no matter what and that amuses me. SAY HI TO ME WHEN I COME HOME. MOG YOU ARE MAKING TOO MUCH NOISE BE QUIET!

Photobucket

Amu loves it, we all know it!

And then the shower scene. I must say that this was a pretty risqué for this kind of show. XD But I am sure it was much enjoyed. I would have been much more embarrassed being in the room with a naked boy (at the age of 12). I don’t think I would have had the balls to get dressed with said naked boy in the room either. That just goes to show you how fluffy this show is and not realistic. But it was still cute and fan girl worthy.

Photobucket

Is he trying to be a pervert or is he just slow?

Next was the happy, brief moment that Ikuto and Amu shared. He thinks she comes from a happy home life and wasn’t really bitter about it. He just told her to keep those moments close and realize how lucky she really is. I think in that tiny moment Amu and Ikuto really bonded.

Photobucket

But shower scenes beat happy skippy moments.

And then it all crashed on the floor into a million pieces. Enter Tadase and his happy sparkliness. Amu had plans to defend Ikuto and that makes the whole thing much more ironic.

Photobucket

Kill them with the truth!

Now…I really do think that if Ikuto wanted to spare Amu from all this pain and danger he had much better ways to do so. He could have just left. In fact, doing that would cause her to worry for him without being in the danger. I don’t see why he had to act like such a martyr and cause her to hate him but he did. And I will pretend half of that was to get back at Tadase for being lame.

Photobucket


Photobucket

Ikuto 1 Tadase ZERO!

I don’t care what anyone else says. Tadase deserved what was coming to him given his reaction to finding Ikuto. Tadase does not deserve an explanation at all. I didn’t like how he was demanding answers and treating Amu like a villain. She didn’t have to tell him anything yet she did BEFORE. Yeah, I know you were embarrassed your love confession was heard but no one did that to hurt you. Stop blaming Amu and realize that you were the cause of some of your “pain”. Oh and your hurt innocent face was not very hurt. It made you look like the virgin uke who was embarrassed he was about to be deflowered by the much bigger seme.

Photobucket

Seriously?! I wasn't aware of THIS yaoi pairing XD

I understand why Amu got upset at Ikuto. He really was making the situation worse. And since Amu is under the impression she likes Tadase I can see her flipping out. She is dramatic about everything in life so ….yeah she went to the extreme on this situation. It’s hard to blame her for telling Ikuto to get out and that she never wants to see him again. Ikuto did ruin a lot of things and Amu was just reacting instantly to that situation.

Photobucket

When you are 12 HELL is a very bad word!

What I didn’t like is how Amu was so upset later when she was running through the city. I don’t see how this is the worst thing she has ever done to a person. I am pretty sure telling someone you never want to see them again is worse. Or lying to your mom about hiding a boy in your bedroom. But she didn’t set out to embarrass Tadase like that nor hurt his feelings. That was slightly over dramatic and a bit….selfish on her part? I am not sure how to explain it but it almost seemed like Amu felt bad for HER, that this event hurt HER more and I don’t think it was portrayed well in Amu’s favor.

Photobucket

I mean...she knows that Ikuto did this to Utau too! Realize that he did it to save you!

So all in all everyone had a pretty sucky day. Ikuto has been kidnapped by EASTER, Tadase is crying his uke eyes out, and Amu is having the worst day EVER! And don’t forget the viewers! Instead of seeing the dramatic conclusion/continuation of this arc…we get Lulu and the return of the friend(s) of the week. The good times are over now. Everyone mourn the loss of good episodes.

Photobucket

But I am sure he is still having the worst day/week/month ever.





No comments: