Sunday, April 19, 2009

Pandora Hearts Episode 3

Welcome to another edition of Tenchi is putting off her Weekly anime post to blog about something else. And this time the something else is Pandora Hearts. Which I think is acceptable since I enjoy these other shows enough to have their own posts. I will just keep getting further and further behind and lose my mind. XD

Photobucket

We don't want to hear your excuses!

But it's fine. I want to blog about things that I find interesting and not feel "forced" into catching up. I want to go WOOT something new to blog about and have fun talking about the things I want to talk about. That and I am lazy and it is easier to blog one episode rather than 8? XD So lazy.

But enough about my laziness and excuses! On to Pandora Hearts Episode 3!



Photobucket

The rough day that never ends.

The robed man unleashes some bird thing on Oz and drags Oz into the Abyss. Oz runs around in the Abyss for a while until he realizes the scenery is not going to change. He takes a moment to catch his breath and rest as he is still stabbed in the shoulder. He looks around at his strange surroundings. The area is filled with broken dolls and teddy bears and messed up doll houses. Oz is lost in his thoughts about how he injured Gilbert when he steps on a doll. The doll then gets up and runs circles around Oz and eventually attacks him. Oz flings him off but the doll keeps finding ways to attack him and eat his face. After defeating the smaller doll a HUGE doll appears from nowhere and wants to eat Oz. Oz runs for his life and he looks like he is going to be toast. Alice comes from nowhere and kills what she calls a Trump. She explains that creatures born in the Abyss are called Chains and that one was the lowest kind of Chain. And all Chains want to kill humans and eat them. Oz questions if that is why she tried to kill him when they first met in the doll room. She claims that she never met him before the ceremony. Oz becomes a little uninterested as he finds a box of cookies and happily eats them.

Photobucket

Cookies bring joy to those in mortal danger!

Alice demands to know how Oz can be so calm about this situation and assaults him. He claims that since Alice has saved him twice he feels safe with her. Also he was almost kidnapped once and he has learned to stay calm in scary situations. Alice decides that she will share with him her real name (Alice) and claims other people have given her the name B. Rabbit. Oz feels as if he has heard her name before and all of this feels familiar. Alice claims that she isn’t being nice to Oz by saving his life. She explains that the Abyss is in a different dimension than his and the only way out is through a pathway that connects both called the Twisted Path. Alice can escape if she makes a contract with Oz. Oz seems to want to take this deal and goes to make a contract when a voice tells him not to and whooshes him away. Alice is not pleased. Oz is dropped off in a different part of the Abyss and it is Sharon who has saved him. Oz is shocked to see her and is a little bashful to see her come to such lengths to save him. She explains that his family has never given up on him and has been working all this time to save him. Oz keeps looking back and thinking about Alice. Sharon says that not to worry about Alice as she is the most dangerous Chain of them all. Every time she has made a contract with someone she ends up killing them off. Oz doesn’t think she is that bad of a person since she has saved him twice already and tries to bring her nice points up to Sharon. Sharon counters by saying that Alice tried to kill him in that doll room once. Oz questions why Sharon knows about Alice’s name and that event.

Photobucket

Clearly not that happy to see her...

Surprise Sharon turns into another Chain and tries to kill Oz. We are talking about a walking head out of Toy Story type of head. Before Oz is stabbed Alice comes and takes the blows for him. Oz questions why she is so bent on protecting him. She says that normally she wouldn’t care so much but she heard the tune from the pocket watch. She said that the tune felt so familiar and that she ended up meeting him after chasing the sound. She tries to fight the giant head doll but he binds her and appears to rip an arm off. Alice tells him to run and the giant baby head eats her. Oz gets pissed and decides to attack the doll with a stick. After that fails the doll eats him too. Oz tries to reach Alice in the doll head and wonders why she is so important to him. Oz screams out that he accepts the contract and her eyes glow red. The baby doll explodes into lots of little pieces and Alice chides him on not being polite with the contract. Then she kisses him and Oz feels all this power flowing through him. Then Alice melts into Oz and seems to take over his body. Alice screams that she can finally get out of the Abyss as she turns into a white bunny and escapes. Suddenly Oz appears in front of Gilbert, Sharon, and Breaker. Gilbert holds his little master tight as Sharon says they finally have the “key related to the Tragedy of Sabrie”. The end!

Photobucket

Aw! Gilbert still cares about his master.

Well I am glad that I got my wish and that we went back to explain Oz’s time in the Abyss before moving further anymore in the time line. I thought that we would spend MORE time in the Abyss…but I guess not much needed to happen?

Photobucket

I was expecting something a little bit more?

I still like this series and intend to keep blogging about it (putting further behind my catch up/massive Weekly Anime Post) but this week not much happened. I am not going to say it was BORING. I was just thinking that something different was going to happen. I thought that Oz was going to spend more than 5 minutes in the Abyss. But apparently 5 minutes=10 years real world time.

Photobucket

But I am sure he thinks he spent enough time there.

But…I guess there wasn’t much to do in the Abyss besides run away from freaky dolls and eat cookies. And I am sure they would run out of cookies pretty fast. So maybe it is good to not dwell on less important issues and move on to the important parts of the series. I just thought the Abyss was going to play a bigger role in this series.

Photobucket

All situations can be solved with cookies!

I think that Oz handled this horrible situation a lot better than I thought he was going to. But he seems like a laid back kind of person anyway so that is to be expected. I like how he mentioned in passing that he was almost kidnapped before like that’s not going to be an important decision later. Don’t think I didn’t pick up on that little detail. Clearly that was the most important thing that happened in this episode.

Photobucket

Well, mostly calm anyway.

I like Alice. And I will love her if she doesn’t go the Sebastian route at the end of this series. Please keep Oz alive once you have gotten your revenge or whatever else you need to do in the real world. I believe you can be a cute girl and live a happy life in the sunshine and rainbows.

Photobucket

Is she telling the truth about when they meet?

But…..I am not quite sure about that all now. I wasn’t expecting her to take over Oz’s body to escape from the Abyss. I thought she and him would travel together and be caught up in all the weirdness that is the robed people. Now they are going to have to share a body and I doubt she is going to give him back his body after her business is done.

Photobucket

Yes! Be like this Alice!

I hope that this experience doesn’t kill Oz. And I hope that there will be parts where Oz is in control of his body. I hope the fact they both seem familiar with each other and think that everything seems familiar is a good sign that Alice won’t be eating his soul anytime soon. Maybe Alice can get her own body and everyone can be a happy family. XD But if that giant head doll was telling the truth…Alice doesn’t play well with her contractors and she gets sent back to the Abyss over and over again.

Photobucket

Contracts are better with kisses.

I didn’t find the Abyss to be a very scary place. I suppose it does have an Alice in Wonderland sense to it…but not much. And the creepy dolls were creepy. At least Alice is (or pretends to be) human and Oz doesn’t have to worry about being eaten.

Photobucket

Beware the floating doors of doom!

I am very curious about this disaster that happened 200 years ago. How can Oz be responsible for something that happened so long ago? Of course that means he has been reincarnated and that the grave he saw before was his and Alice tried to kill his previous incarnation. WOOT FOR SPECIALNESS! And I am referring to my specialness. So I think that the next episode will be better now that Oz is back in the real world and he can experience the time gap and the reasons behind the robed people’s not so awesome plan. Or at least I hope so. I guess we will have to stay tune next week to see if the pace gets picked up a little and if we are going to be introduced some plot twists.

Photobucket

How were they going to rescue him anyway?





No comments: