Monday, April 13, 2009

Pandora Hearts Episode 2

WOOHOO FOR ANIME!It seems like forever since I have watched anime but it really has only been a few days. I am slightly over dramatic that way.

Photobucket

Of course other people are having worse days than me...

But real life stuff has been keeping me from my blogging/viewing "schedule". I thought by this time I would have previewed all the new series that I was interested in and made the decision whether or not to blog or even watch them. But I haven't even watched Shugo Chara Doki or Chrome Shelled Regios yet, let alone any new stuff. Curse you people who hit my car and run, pipes that clog and overflow on the ground, and kitchens that catch on fire!

But then I remembered that blog should be a fun hobby when I have TIME! I should blog things I want to and am interested in. So instead of trying to catch up with viewing all these new shows in one day I decided that I would watch and blog about a show that I have already seen and am interested in. Congratulations Pandora Hearts! I have time for you! Feel worthy and loved!




Photobucket

Hello! I am here to bring you a buttload of flowers and a warning of how you will be tortured in the very near future. Has a cookie. XD

Before Oz can get to the ceremony his Uncle takes him to a room full of flowers. A young girl named Sharon is happily sipping tea and introduces herself/explains that she is from a well to do family. Oz has a 15 year old boy attack and tries to impress Sharon with her charm…until he realizes she is 13. Younger women apparently do not turn him on. After some minor useless conversation Sharon warns Oz that now that he is a man people will try to use him for his money and his name sake. She says that she is one of the people on his side and not to worry. Then she leaves as she is too young to attend the party. In the carriage ride home Sharon talks with her servant Break how it is important that they befriend Oz now, especially Break. Break teases Sharon and converses with the talking doll on his shoulder. The robed people are outside waiting for the ceremony to start and are talking about how they are controlling Gilbert. Oz enters the boring ceremony and his Uncle does the boring traditional crap. Oz is then to walk up the stairs and make an oath to the broken down clock. Oz is all smiles when he sees Gilbert standing near the top and happily makes his oath. Then the broken down clock that hasn’t worked in 100 years….chimes. Everyone freaks out and does the gasping face!

Photobucket

Ugly talking dolls are ugly.

When Oz is done gasping he looks around and sees everyone in the room frozen in place. The girl floating in the nothingness sees a light and wonders if it is a way out. Before Oz can figure out what is going on Gilbert comes from behind and stabs him. Apparently Oz’s blood will open the Abyss because it is different and special. The robed people enter the scene but one is losing control over Gilbert it seems. Gilbert tries to molest and stab Oz again when a giant scythe comes from nowhere and “attacks” them both. Gilbert is then separated from the big boobed person that was controlling him. Over Oz is a giant rabbit with said scythe. But then the rabbit changes into the girl in the nothingness (for blogging sakes I will just call her Alice). The robed people seemed shock that Alice isn’t on their side anymore but Alice claims that Oz is her property. The robed people are not pleased and it is battle time.

Photobucket

Gasp! I know who you are but I won't say it out loud! That makes sense!

Alice the rabbit goes all out with fighting these robed freaks while Oz is held at knife point with another robed freak. Alice the rabbit makes quick work of her robed people and goes back inside the ceremony area. Alice decides that she is not going to kill the robed freaks…and is going to actually do what they want which is take Oz into the Abyss. Gilbert (the real one) wakes up and begs to know what sin Oz has committed to belong there. While pulling on one of the robed freaks he recognizes a face and freaks out. Oz picks up that purity sword and goes to defend Gilbert but Gilbert protects the robed freak he knows. Oz ends up stabbing Gilbert and goes into shock. This apparently is the sin that sends Oz into the Abyss. Alice disappears happily as the robed take control of Oz and apparently sends him into the Abyss. A number of years have passed as the ceremony site is overgrown and Sharon seems older. She says that is time for them to save Oz. She is talking to her servant and a now grown up Gilbert about the family’s plans and how they can’t fail. THE END!

Photobucket

Yay for hottie Gilbert!

Well…I tried to defend you last week Pandora Hearts. I really did. I read lots of bloggers saying that they were giving up on you, that the manga was better, and this was a massive fail. I am not saying any of those things…yet. But I was expecting more and I did not get more. Slightly disappointed but I won’t give you yet!

Photobucket

I tried to wage an epic war! But I fear that I may lose...

I think what I was most disappointed with was the art. Last week people were complaining about the art style and how weak/crappy it was. I thought that while the art style wasn’t the best I have ever seen it wasn’t the absolute worst. No awards for them but not worth throwing the entire show away over.

Photobucket

But not really.

This week the art got worse it seems and I am not even sure if that is possible. I just wasn’t impressed at all. I have been through the ups and downs of wacky art (see Sailor Moon good art verses bad art episodes…) so it’s not totally the end of the world. I was put off with the art and usually that is enough for me to leave the series in the dust. But I will try to be less snobby and focus more on the storyline/content and characters. Try I shall!

Photobucket

Yes I was expecting more. Now give me MORE!

So after getting over the artness issue….the episode was slightly boring at times. The entire exchange with Sharon and Oz was boring. I don’t see Oz as a perv or ladies man nor did the scene actually show that. However I didn’t find it funny either. I thought that scene could have been skipped or shorten to Sharon just warning Oz.

Photobucket

Romance skills are made of fail.

Actually…even if the time with Sharon was shortened and they left out the whole flirty scene I am not quite sure it would have made much sense. That whole scenario was just plopped into the episode. Oh hi, my name is Sharon, I am from a good family, and I am here to attend a party. But not really since apparently this party is 15 and up. So really I am sending good wishes your way even though you don’t know me and probably could have done without them. I understand that Sharon was there to warn Oz of the impending danger and place herself as an ally…but it still came off as random and almost useless scene.

Photobucket

Random girl is on your side for real!

Alice confuses me greatly. Very much so. But I am okay with that. Sometimes confusing animes are really great in the end and you just have to stick it out through the wtf moments. So…I guess I will be okay with the fact that Alice looked like an innocent girl floating in the nothingness…and then she came out and transformed into a killer rabbit. XD So I will go along with this confusion for now. But I will demand answers sooner rather than later.

Photobucket

Either you are a cute girl or a psychopath. Make up your mind!

One major question I have is Alice the giant rabbit always or does she transform into the rabbit like a cool power up? I rather the rabbit be a cool summon but I am guessing that is not going to happen. I also want to know when the scene from episode 1 is going to be explained, with the crazy dolls and all. Oh and why she was okay with dragging an innocent boy to the Abyss prison. Yeah, I have a lot of questions.

Photobucket

I prefer the cute girl thanks.

I am a little surprised that the beginning of episode 1 was already explained XD. Of course…I am not so happy that Gilbert was really injured and that Oz was actually the one who did the hurting..but I got one answer! I shall rejoice in that.

Photobucket

Answer questions usually just leads to more unanswered questions though...

But then I will go back to being confused over the robe people and their intentions. I am not sure why Oz is supposed to go to the Abyss or what they are going to gain from him being in such a place. I am going to agree with other bloggers/forum posts and assume the person Gilbert was protecting is Oz’s father. But then I am going to question why Oz’s father would banish his son to such an awful place. Of course I am also going to question why Oz’s father is a shinigami but that might be a more complicated question and I can wait a little while for that answer.

Photobucket

If you are going to do exactly what they want...why did you fight them?

I found the whole coming of age ceremony special and over the top. Rich people apparently have a lot of time on their hands for such silly ceremonies. I also found it ironic that Oz stabbed his best friend with the purity sword. Lovely.

Photobucket

Purity sword indeed.

The time skip explains how come Gilbert looks so much bigger and handsome(r) in the promos. I just hope that Oz hasn’t been suffering all that time. :( Maybe next episode it will show the moment Oz enters this terrible Abyss and how time works differently there. Anything to show that Oz hasn’t been in a hellish like place. So…while parts of this episode were boring and they could have crammed more useful material in this episode…I still have hope for this series!




No comments: