Friday, April 17, 2009

Eden of the East Episode 2

Welcome to the late night postings of Tenchi. I am truly a nightowl and get more done in the hours where most sane people are sleeping. It has nothing to do with the fact that I wait until the very last second to do blog postings. Not at all.

Photobucket

Happy memories before things get too complicated.

But I really do like this series. I thought maybe I went overboard and hyped this anime too much. But the second episode was just as good as the first. That makes me confident this series will shine. At least it better be or I will be a disappointed mess on the floor. ON TO THE POSITIVE POST NOW!


Photobucket

Welcome to Japan!

Saki wakes up on the plane and Akira greets her warmly. He points out the window and asks what all the damage is outside. Saki responds they are the result of missiles fired on Careless Monday. Akira looks confused as he watches the smoke. When they arrive at the airport Akira watches a news report that talks about how a plane was taken down by a missile and only two people survived. Saki is shocked as so far no one has died from these attacks. Akira is once again confused about this Careless Monday talk but Saki receives a phone call. Ohsugi (phone person) talks about how her sister is fine and that they are coming to pick her up at the airport. Another person in the car notes the traffic and warns Ohsugi not to make promises. The phone gets cut off and they think it is because of the missile. Akira gets a phone call as well. It is the mysterious Juiz again telling Akira that he has to start fulfilling his responsibly as a Privileged. This apparently involves spending 8.2 billion yen (or 82.7 MILLION dollars). Juiz also informs Akira that he is the one who requested his memories be erased. Akira doesn’t seem to be following all this but makes Juiz prove this and get him out of the airport quickly. Juiz says the order is received and tells Akira to keep being the messiah. Cue a golf cart rolling up to roll Akira and Saki out in style.

Photobucket

X_X My mind can't handle that much money!

Somewhere in a car a man seems rather bored (for blogging sake I shall use his name Yusei Kondo). Kondo’s awesome matching phone goes off and he is able to see all of Akira’s transitions (Akira is represented by a IX on Kondo’s phone). He wonders what Akira is up to. Well Akira is up to buying gum and waving to an airport full of people who now think he is a star. Outside Saki tries asking Akira out on a date. Akira reveals to her that he has lost his memories and before he gets involved with anyone else he needs to figure out who he is. He says he is going to go the address on his passport and runs off happily. Kondo is making his way to Akira’s location to see if it is really IX. Saki is in the bathroom upset. She thought she was making a good impression on Akira and she thinks she has failed. Akira shows up in the women’s bathroom…asking where the heck the place is he is trying to go. Kondo makes it to the airport to only find out that Akira is on the monorail. Saki researches on her phone the area Akira wants to go to and finds out that it is near one of the missile sites. Akira questions why the missiles were launched and what Careless Monday really was. People look a little upset on the monorail so Saki explains the situation to him in a hushed voice. There have been 11 missiles fired since November 22nd and Japanese officials have failed to figure out who or why this is all happening. But since no one has died people were not as worried as they should have been (which has now changed in light of the plane being taken down).

Photobucket

Poor Akira locating the trouble on his own...

At the station Kondo is upset that he has missed Akira….when Akira comes running up to greet him. He sees Kondo’s phone and thinks that they are suffering from the same condition. Kondo pretends to be confused and Akira runs off apologizing after being questioned by the police officer Kondo. Akira and Saki sit at a pier as Akira waits for a ferry ride. Akira asks Saki to tell him about her life since he has no memories. Saki talks about how she is going to try to work for her brother in law after she graduates college. She talks about how her parents died and she lives her sister, her sister’s husband, and their baby. She talks about how the brother in law is a very honest person and how Saki feels bad for depending on her sister. While he plays with the change from their coffees Akira claims to remember something from his past. His mother gave him 100 yen to spend any way possible and explained that when you have money, adults and children become the same. After buying his item Akira turned to find his mother gone and that he never saw her again. Instead of being sad about this memory he smiles.

Photobucket

Cutest part of the whole episode.

The boat arrives and Akira heads off. At the last second he extends his hand to Saki and she takes it, joining him on the boat. Kondo is drinking at some restaurant when he is approached by a man he apparently owes money to. Saki calls up her family and lies about what she is going to do tonight. Saki then takes out her cell phone and shows Akira all the places she visited while in New York City. He seems to have knowledge of certain places based on the fact he can remember movies. They talk briefly about 9/11 and even after 10 years you can’t forget such devastation. That causes Akira to take a picture of him and Saki with their own devastation in the background. Kondo continues to be harassed by the men he owes money to. He calls Juiz and tells her to kill these two men. The men think he is playing around…and down they go. A sad shopkeeper witnesses this event so Juiz is forced to take him out too. Kondo smirks to himself and promises that soon he will take Akira’s job. The End.

Photobucket

The expression on his face makes me so sad...

Once again I spent most of the day at work being surrounded by special people and crazy moments only to be rewarded with a lovely anime episode from an awesome series. Thank you for making me enjoy my night after a long day of work Eden of the East. XD

Photobucket

Side characters can be special too.

Yes I wrote quite a bit in that summary. I tried to promise myself I would work on cutting down on long summaries and perhaps “useless” details. However with this show I am not quite sure what details are just passing information and what will be important for the mystery ahead. Thus…I wrote a lot. And I am slightly sorry. But only slightly.

Photobucket

Useless details can be fun though. XD

Let’s start off with Saki. She is so unbelievable cute and innocent and I love it! Yes, I am shocked too! I love the way that she took the initiative to ask out the guy. Props for her getting with the program. Now most of the time I would tell said “dump” girl to get over this lame guy and not to blame herself. But..it was funny. And she wasn’t…that depressed. It was more funny that emo girl in the corner with a rusty spoon and depressing poems.

Photobucket

It's not you! Seriously!

While viewing the episode I was focused more on what Akira was saying and Saki describing the terrorist attacks that I didn’t really focus on her personal history. I didn’t think it was important. But being the crazy freak I am and my ability to see things that probably aren’t there (although I still believe Dr. Gordon is still alive!) I decide to go back and see if Saki said anything that might be IMPORTANT later on. And I have decided that it is Saki’s parents being dead. The way she just mentioned it very casually and didn’t mention any details at all sent up red flags. Clearly Akira accidentally killed them a long time ago and he was sent to Washington DC to take her out.

Photobucket

He says it so casually...

That is just one of my marvelous and probably wrong theories. XD I am sure they will just get more far fetched and improbable as the weeks go on.

Photobucket

And who are these 7 other people?!

I am glad that Akira told Saki the truth about his memories. I wish he would have done it in a more tactful way and not just run off after the fact…but maybe he forgot how to be polite to women. XD But he trusts Saki enough to include her in this adventure of self discovery. Also I approve of his first and second usages of power. Being treated like a star in an airport and buying a cheap pack of gum…epic.

Photobucket

People skills: Get them.

The things that Akira said that struck me as ODD and IMPORTANT are the story about his mother and the movies. Something happened to his mother and I choose to believe that Akira’s mother was abducted and did not abandon her cute son! Or that she knew something bad was going to happen and she managed to get Akira out of the line of fire. That is what I have decided and I am sticking to it. The second part being the movies…is a little odd. He has all his memories erased yet he can remember American movies/actresses? There is something vaguely important about this fact I can tell. Watching and analyzing SAW movies to death has granted me this amazing ability.

Photobucket

I believe in the unimportant details!

The part of the show was outright strange and eyebrow raising was Kondo. He is informing the viewers more about Akira than Akira can at this point. Kondo is one of the Privileged and has to act like the messiah. He is not very messiah like with killing of three people and promising to take out Akira. He can trace Akira and all the other chosen ones as well. So….he is just a great big question mark at this point. But I am not liking him at all.

Photobucket

Not a bad guy AT ALL!

Everything Juiz says is confusing and makes my head explode. All this talk about God, being Privileged, and how it is his duty to spend billions of yen is slightly more than confusing. And that is fine with me. I am not quite sure where any of this is heading towards and that is refreshing. Being this confused shouldn’t be enjoyable but I trust that in the end the final episode will make perfect sense and it will all be worth it! I BELIEVE!

Photobucket

She is not really a well of information....

I am surprised at how casually Saki speaks of missiles being fired on her country. X_X I mean, I get that no one was killed and that is a miracle…but still. I would be worried that the next missile would land on my head. It wouldn’t take a plane being shot down for me to start being concerned about this random attack. There is of course that plan crash and how once Akira lost his memories…people started to die. That of course leads me to believe that Akira was buying all the missiles in the world to blow them up safely and make everyone learn to live life to the fullest. Now that Akira has forgotten his mission the new person has decided it is okay to sacrifice lives for this project.

Photobucket

I probably would have started crying...

I told you they would get more insane.

I am also a little shocked that they would mention 9/11 in this anime. Not because I am one of those people who think it is too much/too soon. No, I just think it is odd because it is a Japanese anime. I really didn’t think that people outside the United States (and possibly England) really cared about this event as much as we did. I mean…Saki was a little unbelievable with her never forgot attitude. I think it would have been better focused on her own country’s tragedy.

Photobucket

Yes, focus on your own problems.

So….that is the episode. My theory is that Akira accidentally killed Saki’s parents, he was sent to kill Saki to erase any evidence, he is responsible for all these “safe” missile attacks, and quite possibly is trying to “save’ the world in his special creepy organizations way. That will have to do it this week for my conspiracy theories. Stay tuned next week where I think of more crazy theories that make no sense at all (or will they…).




1 comment:

Sarah Saad said...

نقل عفش بجازان
دينا نقل عفش داخل وخارج مكة
دينا نقل عفش داخل وخارج الرياض
شركات نقل العفش بخميس مشيط
افضل شركة نقل عفش بحائل






شركة نقل عفش
اهم شركات مكافحة حشرات بالخبر كذلك معرض اهم شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام والخبر والجبيل والخبر والاحساء والقطيف كذلك شركة رش حشرات بالدمام ومكافحة الحشرات بالخبر
شركة مكافحة حشرات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف خزانات بجدة الجوهرة من افضل شركات تنظيف الخزانات بجدة حيث ان تنظيف خزانات بجدة يحتاج الى مهارة فى كيفية غسيل وتنظيف الخزانات الكبيرة والصغيرة بجدة على ايدى متخصصين فى تنظيف الخزانات بجدة