Friday, January 30, 2009

Tsubasa Reservior Chronicle Volume 20

After seeing Underworld tonight my group and I hoped over to the mall bookstore. I sarcastically said let's go to the Tsubasa section and cry when number 20 isn't there. To my amazement...THERE IT WAS!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME!!

Photobucket

A volume almost all about Fai!

No, but I was still happy. Yes I realize I could catch up completely if I just read this series online....but I enjoy my suffering apparently. That and nothing beats curling up with my favorite manga series.

None of these scans are mine. XD Credit is given to original scanners. And there were a number of them...so just a random shoutout to everyone whoever does scanlation.



First off...there is still hope for Sakura. Which makes my little heart glad. I may love the resident yaoi part of this series more..but Sakura is still a sweetheart. In this world of anything is possible Sakura gets to still live. Even if her soul is in "dreams" and there is a massive hole in her tummy.

Photobucket

And there is always hope to change the future.


And...I will just have to say it again. If you can't see their relationship you are blind. And there will be more for me love. Kurogane watched Fai kill Sakura and yet he is able to hold his cool long enough to stop Fai from killing himself. Nothing as dramatic as Kurogane screaming when Fai lost his eye...but still very powerful for such a small scene.

Photobucket

Always looking out for Fai!

Fai is quite upset that he has been lying to his companions all this time. I really do not see it as lies. One because I love Fai and he can almost do no wrong in my eyes. And two...after all is explained he really does have a good reason for every single thing he has done. His lies never really hurt anyone and telling the truth probably would not have stopped what happened. I just want him to stop putting himself down all the time.

Photobucket

He isn't use to things being in his control. :( Please be free Fai.

How can Fai doubt his good heart when he is willing to give up his VISION to save Sakura's body? Moreso go back to the place he is running away from. He is willing to make amends for situations that aren't even his fault! Fai, you are a great person! your lies do not taint your pure soul!!!

Photobucket

Just how much more does he have to give?! :(

And what does Kurogane do? Pops him in the head. Because Kurogane cannot express his LOVE for Fai in a conventional way. He can't just HUG Fai or lightly touch his shoulder. No, Kurogane is a member of the tough love family. And it's okay because it works...and Fai understands the language Kurogane speaks.

Photobucket

A love slap really...


Photobucket

I hope what Kurogane wants to do involves less clothes...

Syaoran (original one that is) really does not have a lot to say in this episode. Basically he says that he knew all along Fai was hiding things and that he knew Fai had brought the first feather with him from his homeworld. It is hard to like this Syaoran because it is not OUR Syaoran. But it is hard knowing he is being treated differently when he really is the real one. :( Sorry original Syaoran.

Photobucket

The look on Fai's face is almost heartbreaking. :(

After all is said and done...everything is a lie. Or a well planned out plot by Yuuko. None of the men involved in the tournament have the ability to see the future. Nor did Sakura see a vision of herself being killed. Now that I think about it....I am lame for not seeing that before. Sakura only goes great lengths for other people NOT HERSELF!!! The only problem I have with this scenerio is...how would Syaoran gain enough power to activate Fai's curse? Or was Fai going to kill Syaoran because he got inbetween him and Sakura? In any event....tis very scary that Yuuko has this entire thing planned out.

Photobucket

:( Again...my poor Fai.

Mokona also does not play a big role in this volume. It (she?) is just a sad little puff ball who misses his second favorite person (because Fai IS his favorite). It must be sad always watching this horrible events happening and never being able to help. Also being a pet of Yuuko's...I pity the poor creature.

Photobucket

Almost too cute for words!


Photobucket

On to Seresu!

After arriving in Seresu and surveying the dead landscape and dead people our small group finally meets up with Ashura. Kurogane is looking on all jealous as I look for signs of past abuse.

Photobucket

Eye balling the competition.

...The sadness story of this entire series and it has to involve the two CUTEST characters I have ever seen in my life. Due to my inability to find fanfictions without spoilers, yes I knew Fai had a twin and that Fai is actually Yui. I knew about the real Fai being thrown from the tower and how it was supposedly Fai's fault. I just did not know it was so sad. :(

Photobucket

Cutest doomed kids ever!

And truly it is much sadder than I really thought it was. Sometimes women die in childbirth. That doesn't mean the child or children born at the time are demons or bringers of diaster. Old dude was just going to get rid of some major competition. Later down the line it was shown he was crazy anyway. And this was probably set up by Wong.

Photobucket

Pawns in a very cruel game.

The twins loved each other so much they could not bear to be apart. They rather suffer together than watch the other one die. But after spending so much time in that horrible place the twins changed a little bit. Fai (our Fai) was around all the decaying bodies and constantly questioning why them being alive hurt so many people. Fai (the real one) just wanted Fai to be happy after awhile. Our Fai wanted them to get out together and Fai realized that wasn't going to happen.

Photobucket

....There are no words....the cuteness...

I hate Wong. I am sure he has an EXCELLENT reason for killing hundreds upon hundreds of people...but what he did to these twins is too cruel for words. :( Innocent little creatures who were doomed from the start. He should have just done the dirty work himself instead of sitting back watching all this take place in a perfect display of horror.

Photobucket

I want to kill him so bad...

My...my poor Fai. If I saw my beloved twin smushed upon the ground I would probably not be in a healthy frame of mind either. Given he was cast aside in a waste land, left for dead, watched other people rot, and his twin just did a flying splat onto the ground...I can see why he said YES to the magical voice talking to him promising to make it all better.

If Fai hasn't suffered enough...he has lived all this time thinking HE made the decision to "kill" his brother. With all the other burdens he carries...he thought he choose to save himself and not his brother. And even after being told the truth...Ashura still tells Fai he is guilty! WHEN WILL THE SUFFERING STOP?!

So the volume ends with Kurogane PISSED that his Fai had to suffer this kind of life, Fai holding his "dead" twin beyond distraught, Ashura being an asshole, and Syaoran not looking so good. I am guessing this is not going to end well...and we don't even know where Sakura's body is!

Photobucket

Pissed off Kurogane is scary Kurogane.

This is CLAMP...so I am not holding my breath for the twin to live. Chances are they will get the feather and he will die. Kurogane is going to have to defeat Ashura due to that stronger than me=has to die rule. And Fai will probably cry that all this effort is being made on his behalf. But I will accept ALL THAT...if Fai can live. :( With Kurogane. Picking on each other for the end of times. Unfortunately...I have to wait until April to find this all out. JUST RELEASE THEM FASTER BEFORE I LOSE MY MIND!! Thanks now.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok
well...
as for the LOVE SLAP part
i would really say that its more of a way to show care
and anger
o
an angry way to show that though kurogane doesnt seem like it on teh outside
he cares for his friends on the inside

Christina said...

Anonymous- I think Kurogane pretends to be big and bad when he himself feels vulnerable. I think it would kill him to hug someone in their time of need. So he goes for the next best thing, slapping. Like look I care about you and I am going to snap you out of your depression. Even if it is slightly violent it gets the job done, in a way that makes Kurogane feel like a man.

Still Fai needs hugs. :(