Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Akikan Episode 1 and recent computer news

Yeah...last night I listed three animes I was going to check out and Akikan was one of them. Biggest waste of 20 minutes of my life. I really don't know what I was thinking. I guess I wasn't thinking. I really should have known since other bloggers were labeling this show as a major PASS! But I was thinking HEY they haven't seen it yet so I will give it a chance.

I was wrong. So I am telling EVERYONE out there it is a waste of time. Whoever is subbing it should just stop now; it is not worth your time and there are a lot of series out there you could be subbing. Please...just stop.

So what sucked about this show besides everything? Well the most obvious thing is the art. I HATE WHEN THE ART DOES NOT MATCH UP! Meaning I see some images of a series which are supposed to portray the anime then you watch said anime and it is NOTHING alike. The biggest example I can think of is Weiss Kreuz but I still loved that show. This show had HORRIBLE art. I am not bashing it for having a more 80's or early 90's drawing style. I am bashing it because it sucked and it was lazy.

Photobucket
The art wasn't even HALF as good as this picture leads you to believe. -__-

Another thing that sucked about the show was the over the top pervertedness. I like shows like Love Hina but this was just stupid and unnecessary. I mean...let's have an entire conversation naked and try to molest someone you just met? The overly gay man trying to sexual harass the main character? Kannagi had a male butt scene but now that looks TAME when compared with this show. Clearly this show is not aimed for my targeted audience...but I also think it is too much for the audience it IS intended to.

I am really trying hard to remember the show. But not because I want to give it a stellar blog entry or anything. I am just trying to WARN people against watching this show. I don't want to come off as a girl who can't handle a little GUY humor. It truly was a hot tranny mess so to speak :P

There was a slutty childhood friend and a girl who pulls cards from her crotch to protect said slutty childhood friend. Instead of the premise being cute and unique it fell flat...literally. And I love how the government cares about girls coming from cans or whatever. So...just don't watch this show. Wait until spring for something interesting to come along PLEASE! I beg you!

In other news....one of our monitors died. I was just chillin along on the internet and it died the big death. We hooked up the WAY older monitor from the slow computer but it is on the small side. So, being the awesome person I am..I suggest we get a lap top while we are at (while he was buying a new monitor online).

Photobucket
MIRACLES OF MIRACLES! XD

AND MY HUSBAND AGREED! He agreed so quickly I thought he was a pod person! But soon (as early as Friday if he can make it home in time for the delivery) I could be the proud (co) owner of a lap top. And don't even ask me what kind it is. I know it is blue. :) And that I am happy. Now if my new cell phone would just come back to life.....

I just tried to find a picture of it online...but I fail and can't remember what it is called. I will take a picture once it is here and I am doing the happy dance! :) So while I endured a CRAPPY anime...now I get a lap top JOY!!!