Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Please pray for this soldier please.

I am sure everyone knows someone in the military. And unfortunately I am sure most people know someone who has been or is currently in Iraq. Sadly I am now one of those people.

I have a dear friend named Matthew who was deployed last week. His tour is scheduled to end sometime in the summer but we know how they are often extended. He was nervous about going and I can't blame him. It might be 3 weeks until he contact any of his loved ones.



Photobucket

I am praying for you Matthew. Thank you for defending our country.


I know it was his decision to join the military and he has to accept the consequences of his actions. He knew he was joining during "war" time and that there was the great possibility he would be going to Iraq. And he may or may not agree with this "war" or particular conflict, but he is there.

All we can do now is pray for him and all the members of his squad. If you don't believe in prayer, please send any positive thoughts his way. Matthew is a great young man with a bright future. I just want him to come home safely and not harmed in anyway. So while you think about the "war" and all our soldiers that are over there, please stop and think especially about my friend Matthew. He needs encouragement and positive thoughts.

Hopefully I shall hear from him in 3 weeks and I won't be as worried. Still, I will feel better once he is safe and sound. I pray for all the soldiers and hope with this new administration the "war" will end sooner rather than later.

No comments: