Sunday, January 4, 2009

New Weekly Anime Dec. 29th-Jan. 4th

It feels as if I didn't watch that many episodes this week. I guess I need to pick up a few winter series :( I just feel so empty without 10 series to constantly blog about.

Photobucket
Holidays make me sleepy.

That and some of the series are not going to be subbed on time due to crunchyroll issues. That makes me sad but it makes sense. Why bother subbing something that will be subbed within a week by someone else. I guess you would only do that if you wanted to be ahead of the game. :( Maybe things will get better now that it is after the holidays and some shows have ended. Maybe people can go over and sub some shows that have been dropped.

I am also missing Clannad. Two weeks is way too long for me. :( Gosh I am all whiney tonight! Well, I shall blog the final episode of Hakushaku to Yousei tomorrow nightish and look into picking up some new shows to watch. I hope everyone had a happy holiday season as many people are heading back to school and work tomorrow. :) Please enjoy my reviews.

Kuroshitsuji Episode 10


Photobucket
Another episode of Ceil being so happy!

The episode starts off with a man running from a group of angry people. He apparently has stolen something and they are not pleased with him. Man stops to take a break and some freak in the shadows appears bending like a psychopath and kills said dude. Said dude falls into the river that WAS covered in ice. The group of men are like WTF why did he jump? The next day (or relatively short time period) Ceil and Sebastian are attending the frozen river ice market bazaar….because that is a good name for it. Elizabeth and her maid are there too looking for a gift for Ceil (Elizabeth is still feeling like a douche bag for breaking Ceil’s ring). While walking around Ceil spots a fakey toy that claims to be from his company. It is a Noah’s Ark and he is pissed this dude is trying to pass this trash on as his family’s work. Sebastian decides to talk about how Noah was arrogant. While shopping or looking they run across a Scotland Yard person and after getting in a minor pissing contest, they go into a restaurant to eat. It turns out to be Mau’s restaurant and he is a special person. After (and during) the specialness it is learned that Scotland Yard dude is searching for a ring that was stolen. It may or may not be part of the Hope Diamond. The reason he thinks that it is nearby is the person who stole it frozen to the top of the river recently.

Photobucket
Gotta love the randomness.

Well due to all the dying people Mr. Undertaker dude has opened up shop on the ice. Sebastian is told to get ready to tell a joke after Scotland Yard person fails…but he does make him laugh! Sebastian is insanely upset and there are death glares. After some bsing the Undertaker takes them to a statue with a ring on the hand. Before they can get the ring they are told NO! Enter the dude who tried to molest crossdressing Ceil. Turns out he bought his way out of prison and is now hosting an ice sculpting contest and the winner will get the ring/statue. Ceil orders Sebastian to enter the contest. Scotland Yard dude has a boring statue, Lau has a rated R one, and the group of men who are still after the ring have a suck ass one. Sebastian…made a working Noah’s ark. He wins but the thieves decide to threaten everyone with dynamite. Everyone runs away and the Scotland Yard person is like RUN Ceil. He doesn’t and Sebastian saves him with his awesome skating moves. After all is said and done the men blow up the ice and the statue with the ring sinks to the bottom. Ceil and Sebastian are saved by the floating ark and the molester dude is saying creepy things. Ceil is upset at the ring being at the bottom of the ocean and is generally not pleased. He is also confused by the naive nature of the Scotland Yard man to save everyone but thinks it’s okay. At home Elizabeth is pissed because she bought that knock off Ark to give to Ceil and found out it is fake (it turns out they use to play together with one as kids). She throws it to the ground..and the ring pops out. Elsewhere creepy head turning puppet dude tells his master that the ring has found a new owner.
This episode….I could not stop laughing! Everything about it was magically stupid and I loved every minute of it.

Photobucket
i think it should have won too... :)

First off…I loved the return of Captain I wanna molest Ceil and sell him on the black market. The look on Ceil’s face…and how we got a cross dressing flashback was priceless. Not to mention everyone was hanging on ex-con’s words like they were gold. Don’t people talk and gossip? I wouldn’t want someone like that being near me. That and how much money did this guy have? HE WAS SELLING PEOPLE?! How does he get out of jail within a few months? Well, let’s just focus on the fact it made the episode cute and not the underlining MOG legal matters.

Photobucket
And his mind is never in the gutter!

Sebastian…being jealous over Scotland yard guy dude making the Undertaker laugh…..awesome. I was like WTF he is getting jealous over that? Yes your reign being the cool and awesome guy who can do no wrong is being threatened. Soon that guy will cook Ceil gourmet meals while frying people in the oven! Watch your back Sebastian!

Photobucket
This can't be happening!!!

Photobucket
Oh but it is...

Photobucket
And now your life is in danger...

I thought the ice skating with Ceil….was special. :( I rather have seen Ceil in a cute cross-dressing outfit. But I do love how he looks so nonchalant about the whole thing. Like dynamite gets thrown at him all the time. And I love how he was pissed over how Sebastian saved his life. He is very appreciative of how Sebastian takes care of him.

Photobucket
X_X Special...

Elizabeth was ….bleh. She was only there to get the plot working to its next arc. She was a whiny little baby and thinks that buying some boat will make up for breaking his family heirloom. I hope she dies. X_X Well that was harsh. But seriously she was annoying and I love how she broke that toy. Heaven forbid a needy kid get it. And I hope the ring was given to her to set Ceil up, not that she actually deserves it.

Photobucket
I hope her butler does not turn out to be a demon too...

Photobucket
But baby Ceil is so cute!!!

I am not sure why Noah was so honored in this episode but it made it pretty funny. I would certainly not sculpt a boat for a contest…but then again I am not one hell of a butler. I supposed the Noah reference was meant to be ominous and foreboding, but it really was just random and funny. All aboard the S.S.NOAH!!! Oh and if my family ring broke, I would not a Noah’s ark as a I am sorry gift. Gimmie some jewelry plox. Cause I work for a toy company and I am sick of toys.

Photobucket
What a special kind of Noah...

I wonder if Ceil’s ring is also part of the Hope Diamond (or whatever it is). It would make sense on why his family is cursed. I wonder if that is going to be the main plot of the show now which the creepy puppet man and ominous dude in the chair. I guess we are in line for a serious episode after a few of nonstop laughs….

Photobucket
His head is o so magical.

Photobucket
Such a very dangerous arm!!!



Tales of the Abyss Episode 14


Photobucket
SECRET LOOOOOOOOOVERS!

I want to say I’m done. DONE DONE DONE with this crazy crack head show. I want to be done with the numerous names and location changes. I want to be done with the GASP moments over the 483947 back stories of the individuals. I want to be done with the incredibly fast pace of this show and how nothing is really important because 5 minutes later some other tragedy is going to happen and it needs to be focused on for the whole allotted 7 minutes. I am tired of the nonsense.

Photobucket
But Luke will forgive the show.

But…..I hate myself too much to just stop. Because I enjoy the pain of losing my mind while watching shows and Vampire Knight is ending soon so I will have one less show to pick on. But I am done trying to learn anyone’s names or new place. For now on…it will be solely Tenchified. It will be that old dude or that other place. Because I too have a rare condition that limits how many memories can be stored in my mind and I can’t waste all my memory cells on 43789473 places on one show. So shall we begin?

Photobucket
And just what is happening to you?

WTF happened to Natalia? I mean….everyone saw how she sobbed uncontrollably for 10 seconds…THEN STOPPED and was like all better. Is this some kind of fondisorder? That was such a freaky moment…and yes I laughed. I laughed so hard my husband had to come over and ask if I was okay. But it would have taken too long to explain why it was funny so my husband walked away confused and thinking I was a ding bat. Like I was the writer of this awesome plot or something. ANYWAY! Seriously….she was nearly killed by her daddy that is no longer her daddy and has to be a fugitive in her own country. Not that I like Natalia or anything now…but I think that she deserves more than that PATHETIC cry. She deserved to have at least an hour’s worth of uncontrollable tears IN PRIVATE! I mean…Awkward…crying in front of everyone and no one hugging her. Nope. Let’s just all stare at the power girl.

Photobucket
HURRY! GET THE STOP WATCH!

THEN MAGIC IT IS ALL BETTER! She thanks Guy for his helpful words and all is well. Um…he said helpful words…then you cried. I am confused how Guy really helped you out. I am also confused on who you think you are fooling. No one believes that you are okay. The fact that you say you are okay makes me think you are not okay…by a lot more than I had thought originally. People like you turn into psychopaths down the road because they do not deal with your issues. It does not make you look like a mature person; it makes you look sad. And yeah I know you are an anime character.

Photobucket
Um no you aren't.

Photobucket
Simple people are so easy to fool.

You know the best way to forget about Natalia’s pain? FOCUS ON SOMETHING FUNNY! HAHA Guy is afraid of woman! Let’s just SLIDE that into the plot again oh so smoothly. Smooth like jagged edges of the knife I want to stab my eyes with. Could this show focus just ONE SECOND on ONE issue at a time? Nope, let’s just keep throwing every single relevant plot point into every single episode. Because we might forget that Guy is afraid to touch women. And how it would be much more believable if it was not pointed out each and every time. Subtlety, this series does not have it.

Photobucket
Let's explain away the almost murder shall we :)

And why is Guy afraid of women? OH because they saved his life. Right, that is an AWESOME reason to be scared of women. Let’s just put aside the fact had they not died he would be dead too as that fireplace was not going to stop anymore from killing Guy. But why…why would be afraid of women for that very reason? I would think he would go out of his way to help women or avoid causing them any inconvenience. But to be afraid of their touch. That was a waaaaaaaay big stretch and made of win. Or fail. Yeah, it was probably more of a fail. And he is magically cured within the same episode. I…just…yeah

Photobucket
I am often afraid of people who save me too.

Photobucket
Is this show about Guy or something?

So Natalia’s tears only occurred to spark a reaction in Guy so that Van and Guy’s past could be brought up. SEE HOW SPECIAL THIS SHOW IS! Everything is related to everything and it makes total sense. Anyone who can’t see how much sense this show makes is clearly crazy…..Back to the land of the normal people…WTF?! Guy has been working with Van to destroy Luke’s family and we are NOW just learning about it?.....If Guy really wanted to be honest with Luke he would have told them this after almost stabbing him NOT WHEN HE GOT CAUGHT!! That is not being honest, that’s sucking at being sneaky! And why….why would Van now chooses to come and talk to Guy? I am sorry, this part of the plot is too stupid for me to even form a paragraph that makes sense! That means that my sentences would be perfect for the show! WOOT! I can be a writer for this awesome show!!!

Photobucket
MOG!!! They were working together?! I AM SHOCKED AND AMAZED!!!

Of course Jade knew all along that this was going on. Because he is Jade and he sneaks around in corners. Not to mention it was REAAAAALLLY obvious when Guy was like I was from Hod too and oh Luke your father destroyed that entire Island. Van from Hod….how could he like Luke? DUH! So Jade…maybe I am giving you a little too much credit. You might just have a normal I.Q. level and you are surrounded by an army of morons. Big fish small pond baby.

Photobucket
Sneaky Jade is being sneaky.

What else was special in this episode? OH!!! Our heroes have a huge effing war on their hands, 2381 bad guys running around but maybe none of them are bad, and people want to KILL them…but they are worried about some land in the muk. THE MUK PEOPLE! The effing land fell into the Earth. WHY THE HELL ARE YOU TRYING TO FISH IT OUT? I won’t even begin to try to understand what the hell they were talking about with the rings and the trees…because I think that is their plan. They confuse the viewers so bad it must be true. ASK NO QUESTIONS! In any event..I am sorry you has no more home and life sucks for you…but I am not understanding why they are wasting their time with this. Why not stop the rest of the earth from crumbling in first?! Or ….stopping the war?

Photobucket
Must save muk land!

Of course they go to EXPERTS on this matter. They needed a machine to test the blah that controls the blah to make the blah. Yeah, that is what I heard. Anyway, they needed a machine so they went to people who have failed like 95 times out of 95 to another company. Um…GOING WITH THE OTHER COMPANY KTHXBAI! And of course…that pilot dude is related to better company. AND SHE IS A DUDE I BET!

Photobucket
Let's go to the fail company LALALA!

Oh speaking of dudes..Anise meets up with her mother. Just on the street of some place I can’t remember. Just lalala HI MOMMA! You know how that happens right. And also how Anise is an accomplice to beating up some of the church guards. You know how people wouldn’t be out to squish her right. OH IT IS GLOOMZILLA! We haven’t seen you in a while. How about you come and make an unnecessary appearance, accomplish nothing, and FLY AWAY!!! All so Guy can have his little flash back time finished. Just total awesomeness. Fork into eye.

Photobucket
SEE WHAT YOU DID ANISE?!

Photobucket
Why is she pissed off again? Before her mom got killed of course....

OH and Ion reading the score. 10 kinds of special there. But props to them actually figuring out that something is fishy since both Luke and Asch are still alive. There might be hope for their stupid souls yet. Not sure why Ion had to read the Score to find out where the next tree. Just seemed like another small issue that leads into a big issue in a not so subtle way.

Photobucket
Random moments are way too random.

Did I even like anything about this episode? 0.o I liked how Asch gets special headaches now too. I wonder if that will be explained and what he is too late for. I like that old dude Spinzilla is still creepy around. I thought he was off in some cave trying to clone Hod. I also enjoyed all the flying around and being in 5 towns in one episode. Lots of save points FOR THE WIN! I like how Guy’s reason for sticking around hasn’t be confirmed yet. And I liked how it took me over 3 hours to type this review up and I have yet to type a summary. That is how BORING and stupid it was! I kept running off and doing other things..Whatever, I typed enough :P

Photobucket
PLEASE MAKE IT STOP!!!!



To Aru Majutsu no Index - Episode 13


Photobucket
He flies through the air with the greatest of eaaaaaase.

Sister Misaka is walking around the city going to the next experiment site. She keeps thinking about Touma and thinks something is wrong with her brain. Elsewhere Index, Aisa, and Komoe are at a public bath. Komoe is explaining in very complicated terms about how level 5 people are very special people that live in a different reality than normal people. Once people experience the realm beyond normal reality they can change normal reality. Well, that is basically what she said and what my brain understood. Either way Index and Aisa were not really paying attention. But instead of thinking level 5’s are the best people, Komoe thinks that Touma might be the most important/powerful person. Because everyone with class and training can reach level 1 and have abilities….except Touma. That makes him special and wrecks the given…meaning that the given is not given and Touma can somehow explain god’s plan for all of us. His brain is that special. Touma wakes up and barely can remember what happened. Suddenly tears hit his face as Misaka is cradling his head and crying softly. She wants to know how Touma can smile after his heart stopped beating. Touma says that he found a way to beat the Accelerator. Or at least stop the experiment. He says that if the Accelerator was beaten in battle that the scientist would not want to continue with a test subject who is lame. Misaka says that only she would stand a chance against him and she would still get blown away. Touma smiles and says that is why HE will do it. Because if the Accelerator loses to a level 1, he truly will be lame and the experiment would have to stop. Misaka gets upset and says that Touma does not stand a chance and he will die. But off he goes anyway….

Photobucket
Really love the art in this show.

Meanwhile the Accelerator has shown up and taunts sister Misaka. Sister Misaka asks why the Accelerator wants to grow stronger when he is the strongest person to begin with. The Accelerator says that he is insulted that people thought he could be tested and he wants to reach a level where people fear him. He then tries to kill the sister. Touma is running to the area and hopes he makes it there in time. Misaka gets upset that Touma told her to stay behind while he goes off to her death so she and kitty-san run off to the battle field. This sister Misaka is doing pretty good job on not getting killed. Her plan to suffocate the Accelerator does not work though and he ends up cornering her, again explaining his power of different types of energy. It looks like it is all over when Touma appears. Sister Misaka is in shock that Touma would risk his life to save her non important clone life. Touma says she is important and that he will defeat the Accelerator. Well the Accelerator does not think this is going to happen and is amused. Touma survives getting rail road tracks thrown at him and nearly being stabbed. Oh boy, Touma smacks Accelerator dude when he gets too close to him and Accelerator goes ape shit crazy on him. Accelerator decides that he is going to blow up the entire area and Touma has to haul butt before he is a little bit crispy.

Photobucket
Note to self...do not slap crazy man...

Well…who didn’t see that coming? Touma once again thinks he can save the day? I mean…if I had no powers I would not be offering to save everyone under the sun who HAD powers. But Touma is a special man. That and his medical bills must be sky high.

Photobucket
And or get my assed kicked.

I have to say I actually liked the Accelerator’s answer on why he wants more power. It feels weird calling someone by their code name…but anyway. Yeah, it totally made sense. It is insulting to be experimented on to see if you can be powerful enough to be awesome. Like oh, you might be the strongest, let’s see if anyone can match your powers. I would be like BITCH you gonna regret thinking that and I will make you FEAR my name. So BOO bad guy YAY correct reasoning for being a bad guy.

Photobucket
MMM bad guys making sense?!

Komoe’s little explanation on powers and espers was a bit much. It was a bit much for my brain to handle and that it really didn’t fit smoothly in the conversation. Because Index and Aisa were not listening. They really didn’t care until Touma’s name came up. It was just Komoe telling the audience information and it was not coming across very subtle like. Of course I am not sure what the other options are in making sure the audience gets all this information..I just know it didn’t work this time.

Photobucket
A perfect place for such a conversation.

I love how Touma just ran off to fight scary mouth man with no plan. That is how he does everything in life and well….he doesn’t seem to learn. I mean, he got his HAND chopped off. I would be learning or planning a little bit better. Not woot my magical arm can protect me. Because…now it can’t. He is throwing poles at you and blowing up flour. I know you got hit in the head by Misaka but maybe a little bit of planning would have helped. While you were running or something. But…yeah special.

Photobucket
Don't talk logic to Touma! He is beyond that!

Misaka surprised me this episode. I was like WOW she came back to make sure he was okay. That is just the kind of person she is. Deep down she is a nice person who does not want to harm anymore. She also recognizes that Touma is stupid and runs back to make sure he is okay. And she will also run after him to save him before he gets squished. With the kitten in tow of course.

Photobucket
I knew she was a nice person.

Sister Misaka was pretty cute this episode too. Sorta weird talking about the same person differently. I thought the dead one from a few episodes back was the one Touma talked to but I guess I was wrong. I wonder if clones can fall in love. It was sad that she thinks so little of her existences that she does not think she is worth saving. I don’t think she will live. She will die protecting Touma and he will avenge her death. But it is still nice she is showing some parts of her personality, making her a “real” person.

Photobucket
TOO CUTE!

Other than the fact that I think it is special that NO ONE in this city notices this huge fight going on, I think it was a pretty good episode. Not quite sure where the plot will go after this arc but that is half the fun right? Misaka makes a better love interest anyway even if I think that Index will win in the end. Also Index needs to be in the episodes more. :( She is almost a side character. :O see ya next week show.

Photobucket
Angry bad guy is angry!



Shugo Chara Doki Episode 64


Photobucket
FANGIRLS UNITE!

We are first treated to some actual plot and we see Ikuto's violin being X-eggified. Next we see Lulu and her dad watching the momma on some variety show. Lulu's dad is cheering her on while Lulu has a stick in her bum and thinks her mother should only be a serious actress. All the Guardians are meeting up to celebrate the New Year in their cute kimonos. Tadase is almost killed when he comments on Amu's kimono and not Yaya's or Rima's. So they go to their prayer thing and walk about the area. They stop at a fortune telling booth and Amu is the only one who gets a fabulous fortune. Her charas seem to think that means something romantic will happen to her soon. The group happens upon the friends of the week Eo and Kiko. At this festival people sometimes gather and put on little shows. This year the twins want to be a part of the act with balancing three balls on an umbrella and spinning it all pretty. They have been practicing for a year and they still suck. Rima can't stand how the twins are not ready for their performance and character changes to whip them into shape. Elsewhere Lulu is reporting to the director about her progress on the Embryo. The director thinks that Lulu sucks and that she should be working with Ikuto more closely to get results. She has a stinky attack and walks away. The director aka daddy tortures Ikuto a bit about how someone TRIED to break into the lab the other day but failed. He tells Ikuto he has to work for the company and he has no choice in the matter. Ikuto leaves....but Yoru has stolen the key for the violin YAY! So Ikuto goes and breaks into the idiot scientist’s lab and gets back his violin. This trips some alarms and he is forced to escape through the heating ducts.

Photobucket
In heating ducts stealing my violin.

Back at the temple Amu runs into Lulu and her charas think that this is her shooting star experience. Lulu is a bit of a priss but lightens up when the group sings her mother's praises. Lulu joins the group in helping the twins....because Lulu is awesome at the umbrella spinning thing. Lulu was almost having a good time when an idiot scientist runs up. She has to be rude to Amu as she runs off. She is not thrilled with the idea that she has to go help find Ikuto. The group leaves the twins to practice their act and wish them luck. Meanwhile Ikuto is limping around. He either got hurt escaping or the negative energy in his violin is really getting to him. Lulu shows up and instead of turning him in she just tells him to hurry up and run. The twins are still sucking at their routine and Lulu comes up and does her jewelry of doom on them. The guardians were waiting for the performances to start when they noticed the twins were not there yet. That and they sense the MOG negativeness. They run over and see the twins transform and start acting crazy. The guardians transform and the battle is pretty lame and short. It ends the same way every other battle ends. Everyone is happy but Lulu and the twins go on to perform (and not suck so bad). Amu is happily at home taking a bath. She returns to her room to go to bed...and there is a Ikuto in it! Amu freaks the hell out and it is amusing. The end.

:O Well this episode was pretty enjoyable! It had plot, the friend(s) of the week, and some romance. Congratulations on making such an awesome episode!

Photobucket
Except I do not support this romance hehe.

I guess the most important part of the episode (and something that caused all the fan girls to go crazy) is the BED scene. I actually thought it was really funny and cute how she was just jumping into bed without seeing what was IN it. Just lala going to take a nap and ho there is a man in my bed. Granted her reaction to giving birth to eggs was pretty funny too…but this just felt more natural. I am not sure what I would have done if I had found a boy in my bed at that age. I probably would have gone to my mom and told her because I am awesome like that.

Photobucket
Just going to lay down for a quick second...

I am not sure if hiding in Amu’s bed was the safest place for Ikuto but who cares about that silly little fact. His evil violin was making him tired and Ikuto knows he can trust Amu….I think. I just hope that means Tadase is out of the running now. He clearly is leagues behind Ikuto (even if I find the whole age difference too much to handle). He is much more interesting and Ikuto is much too proper to be sleeping in a young lady’s bed. XD We can’t be having that now. I am sure that Amu wishes her pajamas were a bit more ground-up now. ON WITH THE CUTE SCREENIES!

Photobucket
Such an innocent little criminal :)

Photobucket
WHAT TO DO WHAT TO DO?!

And yet there is more Ikuto! He has his plot moving on….slowly but surely. He has his precious violin back but I am sure he will regret that soon. His director father was actually seen giving out orders and trying to make EASTER not seem so lame. I guess it is not too bad that some of his plot has been in the back ground because it really is a process with his violin and won’t happen overnight. So it wasn’t MOG FILLER for this episode.

Photobucket
VIOLIN OF DOOM!!

Photobucket
He looks o so dangerous.

Lulu wasn’t AS annoying in this episode! Sure she was thinking that her mother should only be in movies and I still think her motive is stupid…but at least she was acting a like an almost normal girl today. She is so special to think that people praising her mom and not talking about her is okay…but whatever. That is how she sees herself: her mother’s daughter. Although I am impressed with her umbrella skills. And I was pleased to see she let Ikuto go. She had to cover up her nice moment by saying she was only doing this because she finds him too weak for her. Silly little girl trying to cover up that she is a nice person.

Photobucket
I have no awesome skills :(

Photobucket
And back to normal Lulu.

The friends of the week were pretty okay. I liked how Shugo Chara made it more Sailor Moon like. The kind of friend of the week where you participate with them rather than just fawn over their skills. I wanted to make fun of them for not being able to do this trick after a whole year…but then realized I would probably suck at it too. :P But I didn’t like their battle scene at all. All they did was attack the Guardians. It was not causing havoc like the others have or using their skill THEN getting mad. Too much was going on in this episode to let them have 30 seconds of actually battling.

Photobucket
At least their costumes weren't that ugly!

Nagihiko made me sad again. :( Why does he just sit on the side line and pretend to yell out orders. I mean…the attacks are always the same and there is really nothing to plan! They do the same thing every time. Nagihiko doesn’t have to direct them. It just gives him something to do so people don’t go MOG Nagihiko is being forgotten. Well writers I am not satisfied with this stupid role you have him in. TALK ABOUT HIS TWO EGGS PLEASE!!!

Photobucket
:( Make him useful again please!

Rima’s hair was so cute this week! She should wear it all the time like that. But I am not sure how her making everyone else practice was going to help the twins out….she just looked cute while doing it.

Photobucket
Angry and oo so cute.

Yaya was…manageable. I guess. If I had to lie and say it. But she really did look cute this week and I love how she pointed out that Tadase did not talk about their kimonos. Yay for putting him in the dog house! And her ducky attacked actually helped. Almost died in shock.

Photobucket
Plotting in the cornerrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

So overall this episode was pretty good in my book. Much better than the Christmas special. I like Amu hanging out with all her friends or at least one of them. I like that she tried to include Lulu, not the whole episode focusing around Lulu. I wonder if next week (or whenever since the drama on Crunchyroll and the whole subbing/one hour drama) if people will be falling over with the amount of Ikuto and Amu. Until then PEACE!

Photobucket
And a happy New Year to you too.



Skip Beat Episode 13


Photobucket
Kyoko is full of JOY and hope!

Erika is slightly taken back at the stare down that Kyoko and Moko were giving her. She wants to know where Moko’s energy is coming from. Mr. Director dude is throwing back the money Erika’s men are trying to buy him with. Erika is not pleased with the news and even less thrilled that Moko was listening in on her phone conversation. Moko taunts Erika a little bit that money isn’t going to get her the part this time. More stare downs occur. Kyoko is standing in front of a box looking like she is about to pass out. She has convinced herself that this box is her doom when really it just holds the little pieces of papers that pick their partners for the next round. She and Moko get paired up REJOICE! Before anything can happen everyone is startled by laughter. The director has walked in and has noticed Moko and Kyoko’s awesome pink uniforms. He can’t stop laughing at the situation and everyone is uneasy at his gangster like appearance. Erika is not really impressed with the Director talking about his commercials like they are art. The director explains that each group is going to act out a little 60 second scene. Both girls (A and B) like the same boy and girl A confesses to the boy. He rejects her stating he likes girl B and girl A now is upset at her bestest best friend girl B. After explaining the scene, Erika tells everyone it is unfair that Kyoko and Moko get to work together because they are with the same company thus are able to act with each other better. Kyoko starts saying how Moko just found her love for Kyoko yesterday and that they will probably suck. The Director says FINE we will repick names. Moko says NO we will just not talk to each other and discuss our scenes beforehand. Kyoko has a mini meltdown and thinks she is going to let Moko down. The director muses that those who make it in show business have to have a bit of luck in their life and that Kyoko will have to act on her luck. Erika and her partner act out the fight and the judges are pretty impressed. Kyoko is continuing to panic. Moko tells Kyoko just to follow her lead and she will make her act. Moko stares down Kyoko and she does the same. Moko then SLAPS Kyoko. Kyoko goes to slap her back, but recoils when she sees Moko fall to the floor and cries. Kyoko can only look pitiful and apologize.

Photobucket
So magically special.

Everyone is BLOWN away that only one line was said and their acting was that powerful. Erika is pissed. Later Moko is thinking to herself how she put so much faith in Kyoko when she really doesn’t know her. Erika tries to pick a fight with Moko, saying that now that Kyoko has to lead they are going to fail. Moko tries to kick her butt and Erika is like WHY DO YOU ONLY DEFEND HER AND NOT YOURSELF! Moko can only say…that Kyoko is different from them…and that she is a huge freak. Elsewhere Kyoko is trying to come up with her own scenarios and is randomly skipping around with a chair pretending it is Moko. Erika is like…why am I spying on this loser? Then Kyoko thinks what she would want in a friendship and that she has to think of what she wants Kyoko to say first. She comes up with the idea to use the product and have girl B offer girl A a sip. The Director catches Erika spying and Erika tries to cover it up. Even with a storyline in her head Kyoko is still nervous and Moko is like WTF ARE YOU THINKING?! Kyoko acts like nothing is wrong…until Erika and her partner act out the exact same scene she thought off. Kyoko, Moko, and the Director all know Erika has copied her. Kyoko is left with impending doom in her mind. THE END!!

Well I am happy I tracked down this episode before the week ended. -___- silly little subbing issues going on. Don’t they know I need a specific amount of anime each week or I melt?!?

I also have a different opinion of the show now. I am not sure if it is a good thing or a negative thing, but I have gotten my hands on some of the mangas. 1-5 actually. Now that I have read all the episodes up to this point….the anime follows the manga almost to the T. To the point where I think that the writers either have no imagination or the manga is just so awesome why bother trying to change it? Do you see why I have mixed feelings on this now? :( It is hard to explain. I guess if the writers were taking liberties and making “fillers” people would be rioting in the streets. But now I think they are just making no effort at all. Blah.

Photobucket
Just bleh....

However…I think they make Kyoko’s melt downs a lot more interesting in the anime than the manga. Which is hard to do being that her meltdowns are already very special. It might be unfair to say that as the manga has limited pages and they can’t devote 4 whole pages of Kyoko’s reaction to one little thing. Because Kyoko has crazy reactions every five seconds! The anime just brings her more to life with her super sayian morphin and mini freak outs. So perhaps the anime is necessary in that regards.

Photobucket
She is never over dramatic.

So on to talking about this episode. It was special like usual and since I HAD read the manga for this episode I was looking forward to it. :( But I am sad they did not cover all the events in volume 5. I think it would have been better to end the episode like that but anyway…

Photobucket
MMMM Just desserts...

Those other girls just better pack up their bags now and kiss their starring roles on XX commercial goodbye. They are light years behind Kyoko and Moko and Kyoko didn’t even know what was going on half the time. They sucked so bad they only showed Erika’s performance. And I thought their singing/dancing routine was really, really special. That is how I make up with my friends all the time too….

Photobucket
She can even act with a chair!!!!

I loved how Kyoko was more concerned about Moko than her own chances of landing the commercial. Well, maybe I should not say LOVE since I want Kyoko to love herself too but whatever. She truly is a caring person and she doesn’t know it. She does have the ability to love. She just doesn’t realize that she is always caring about people and that it is natural for her.

Photobucket
Not really a way to gain my confidence...

Their first acting performance was great. It was short and sweet. It really helps that Kyoko reacts well with others. While she may think that is a bad thing I see it as a positive. It makes her a truer actress. Kyoko is also a good actress for knowing how to force those feelings out of Kyoko. That and they thought outside the box. Everyone else probably fought and screamed. Kyoko and Moko did something very Hallmarky/cheesy, but I can totally see that happening. Eat that Erika.

Photobucket
BRAVO!!!

I also love that all these directors fall in love with Kyoko. It makes me think that everyone really sucks in this business or Kyoko truly is talented. That or every director is insane and she is just insane enough for their standards. :P And he didn’t look THAT gangster….not really anyway. And Kyoko was right: money does not always buy you a position. Has a little bit of faith!!!

Photobucket
It's gotta be the outfits.

It is hard to say Moko’s real name. Kotonami….yeah, it doesn’t sound natural. She is just Moko to me. After all that is what Kyoko calls her. And if Moko was REALLY bothered about it she would go crazy on her like she does everything else. :) So I am sticking to it.

Photobucket
X_X SCARY!

Since I know what is coming next time, I actually can’t wait for the episode. I want to see the second half of the episode where I am clueless on what is going to happen. :( But it might be weeks before I can see the next episode. WOE IS ME AND ALL WHO LIKE THIS SHOW!

Photobucket
Time to kick you out!

No comments: