Monday, January 19, 2009

New Weekly Anime Jan. 11th-18th

Welcome from my new lap top. After battling Dell (and losing) we finally were able to retrieve our new lap top. Let me try to write down what it is. Wait, there are some numbers on the black part. XPS M1330 Dell. ...Did I mention that my lap top is blue? :) The point is I can finally sit down and not hurt my back XD Excited tenchi is excited.

There were a lot more episodes this week to watch which makes me happy. :) Now I just wish they were not all grouped at the end of the week. I don't work Monday and Tuesday SHOW THEM THEN PLEASE!!!!

But I really should be happy since last week there were delays and not much on. XD So on with the reviews. I am going to try to use my new read here thing and my old spoiler tags so the post doesn't look SO long...but I am special. I will die trying!

YAY!!! Jamie the wonderful has fixed my post. Turns out something was wrong with the new format and the pictures. :) Although I am sure me fixing things did not help :P

So since the post looks REALLY long now let me post what episodes are in week's new anime section so you skim down to the episodes you are interested in:

Skip Beat Episode 14
Tales of the Abyss Episode 15
Clannad Episode 14
Maria Holic Episode 2
Shugo Chara Doki 66
To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 15
Kuroshitsuji Episode 11

ENJOY! :)



Skip Beat Episode 14

Photobucket

Cheers to being covered in soda!

Kyoko is freaking out as Erika has just copied her skit. The director and Moko realize what is going on and Moko panics. Before the director can finish his sentence, Kyoko gets serious and says they are ready to go on. Moko does not look confident as Kyoko walks away and comes back with TWO sodas: one can and one bottle. She actually looks like she wants to bail on this fail train waiting to happen. Kyoko smiles and says to trust her and follow her lead. Then Kyoko just turns around. Moko is like X_X but you are supposed to start this scenario. Then Kyoko SPRAYS soda all over her. X_X Everyone in the room is dead silent because the two girls are supposed to make up. Kyoko comments coldly that she was just getting her back for slapping her…then smiles and says JUST KIDDING! Moko smirks and tries to get back at Kyoko by spraying her too. However the bottle just erupts in a mess all over her (Moko). Kyoko tries not to bust out laughing…which causes both the girls to laugh hysterically. Everyone in the room chuckles at the close friendship. The two girls toast and Moko thanks Kyoko for forgiving her. Erika is pissed that Moko copied her last line and even more pissed that everyone thought Moko did a much better job with that one line. Kyoko on the other hand is too busy being happy because she thinks that her and Moko are truly best friends now and that Moko will surely get the job. Moko points out that Kyoko has gotten the job too. The director has in fact chosen them but is confused on how Kyoko could have come up with a scenario at the drop of a hat. He WAS going to tell the girls to go last, not that they were disqualified. Both the director and Moko are impressed with Kyoko quick thinking and how the key point relied on her knowing about how soda explodes in the two products.


Photobucket

The face of winners!

Kyoko basically stalks Moko home since she has never walked home with a friend before. Moko says she does not know how to act like a friend since she thinks all girls are catty and only talk about each other behind their backs. Instead of being depressed about Moko’s behavior, Kyoko is happy to be her first real friend. Moko is caught up in how genuine Kyoko is…and how alike they are. Meanwhile Erika is stalking the girls with her crazy men. Her goal is to hurt Moko so she can no longer star in the commercial. Her plans are thwarted as Kyoko accidentally pushes Moko out of the way. Instead of bitch slapping Erika LIKE SHE SHOULD HAVE Moko just lays in her. Moko says that Erika only relies on her power and money to get her places and that she will never be her true rival unless she actually works hard for what she wants. Moko basically says the same thing Kyoko said to her. Erika understands and vows to be a true rival one day. Kyoko and Moko ride the bus home and Kyoko is so moved by Moko’s words (even if they were own). Kyoko almost gets annoyed by Kyoko’s confusion over if they were really friends or not..but Kyoko is too cute. She gives Kyoko 100 love me points and falls asleep with her on the bus. Kyoko and Moko do the commercial which consists of running around like school girls on a grassy field. President, Maria, and Ran all watch their performance and Ren seems impressed that she wants to become an actress. Kyoko learns that Ren watched their commercial and is a little bit bummed that she does not get to tell him herself. She also bugs out when Moko makes fun of her for WANTING to wear a school girl uniform. Mainly because it is true and Kyoko liked acting like a normal girl even for just one day.

:) Most of this episode was full of win...and mostly because I knew what was going to happen for the first half. I thought knowing would take the fun out of the episode but it made me excited instead. :)

Kyoko is an amazing person. I am not sure if she is an amazing actress, but she is great at a lot of things. Which...could make her an amazing actress. Because most actresses are weird in some ways....:P And anyone who can have instant freakouts like her is an awesome person.


Photobucket

The face of a winner!

The way she thought up that new scenario at the drop of the hat was epic. Or ordinary for Kyoko. Personally I would have started crying and called Erika a cheater. I would not have been able to think of anything awesome to do, let alone get all determined and said let's do this. And given the parameters of the task, I would not have thought of spilling soda all over my friend in an effort to make up with her.



Photobucket

A wtf moment is fun!

But really...as out there as it seems, it really makes sense. Sometimes you have to say cruel things and get everything out in the open before forgiving them. Sometimes you can sit back and laugh...."really, did you just do that to me?". That example of friendship touched me both in the manga and the anime and I am sure other readers/viewers felt that way too. Nothing cheesy or lame like I forgive you. :P That and Moko looked pretty funny all covered in soda.



Photobucket

A very special face indeed.



Photobucket

Look at the trust!

Erika's reaction was priceless. And really...what kind of person is she anyway? She is pissed they copied her last line when she copied Kyoko's entire script? And the point of the scene was to ask/seek forgiveness from the other person? I mean...a line like thank you seems OBVIOUS for that kind of scene but apparently Erika owns those words.



Photobucket

Um...run Erika. Just run!

I like how Moko has been caught up in the WOW Kyoko is awesome train and she realizes it is too late to get off. Part of her is scared to accept Kyoko since they seem so familiar. The other part of her thinks it is irrational that she can be friends with a girl. I can see why with how catty this business apparently is. I am sure at some level Moko thinks that Kyoko is a moron who is going to get crushed in this business for being too trusting. But....Moko realizes that eventually in life you have to trust people, that not everyone is out to get you. Also ice cream bribes are always fun.


Photobucket

I got ya now!!!


I still feel bad for Kyoko. She really has not been allowed to have a normal life and she thinks that simply walking home with your friends is some big deal. And she SAYS that she has never had these things but I sometimes don't think she is sad about it. Like how someone can say how oh I lost my dad at age 2 and YOU feel bad for them and they seem okay. It is hard to explain, but Kyoko seems okay with how crappy her life is and can move on and have hope with her new bestest friend.



Photobucket

But I just want to be friends!!!!!


I really did not like the part with Erika near the end. I rather her just be the bad guy. I don't want her to become more human to me or Moko to forgive her on some level. Erika was trying to injury her! I mean, props to Moko for trying to be the bigger person but the line has to be drawn somewhere. I think that Moko learned the lesson here and Erika learning one really did not matter. I guess that is just Kyoko's power: to conform the idiots of the world.


Photobucket

Tomoya has activated more happiness orbs!


But besides that whole stupid Erika scene, all was pretty awesome. Even Ren wasn't too bad. Of course he didn't have many lines...but Kyoko had some great melt downs, some inner evilness, and wins in the end. :) Moko isn't frolicking in grassy hills with Kyoko yet (well...not for free anyway) but they are friends. Even if she doesn't want them to be :P


Photobucket

We must rest for it is almost time to frolic.



Photobucket

Insert almost yuri moment.


I just hope Kyoko does not lose her motivation. :( Next episode she looks sad and I am sure it is all Ren's fault. NO MORE DOUBTS KYOKO! You have proof now that you rock. :)



Photobucket

TIME TO BE FRIENDS!!



Tales of the Abyss Episode 15

Photobucket

What do you mean things don't make sense?!


I have to start this summary/review out with I am not even going to try with people’s name anymore. It is too hard to keep up with everyone and who they are related to. That and it turns out that they might not even BE that person and I will NOT learn more than one name per person. That and I am tired of all these places. They move around too much for me to keep up. Oh and I would like to also mention that when you start episode 15, you are going to be confused. I actually went back and started episode 14 again. Because yeah not mention of Tear acting all glowy or them leaving that underground place. Do not be confused…or really you can be confused and it is okay to be confused. That is how it’s supposed to be. DO NOT DOUBT THE AWESOMENESS OF THE WRITERS! THEY ROCK! //end sarcasm.


Photobucket

And who are you again?


So that girl who flies the plane runs into her brother in some town. They talk about how awesome the machine works and YAY. They then talk to grandma or something about making the device. There are some men fighting inside for no good reason and we are all supposed to shocked at fist fighting after ALL we have seen. Then they have a conversation about nothing I think. Oh no now I remember. Yeah so they were talking about those Sephiroth trees being weaken and the core is shaking and basically the world is going to end. But the new grand master plan is to LOWER all the land down into the land of the muk. THAT IS THE WAY TO SAVE THE WORLD WOOHOO! But apparently they think they can do this gently and they commission the old people to build a machine to stop the core from shaking and I think make the muk go somewhere else. Everyone is like WOOHOO good plan except Luke. He seems to be the only one who thinks that lower the world is a BIG decision that requires more than their merry band to know. But then he is like we should go talk to Uncle who wants to KILL US BOTH and King hottie before we do this lower the world thingy. Now…I am utterly surprised that people were not falling all over themselves to go along with this plan to die or something! Everyone rolls their eyes a bit…but then decide that Luke is right. Then Luke is all confused that Natalia does not want to go back and see homicidal daddy. Natalia apologizes for being so silly about being upset and OFF THEY GO TO THEIR DOOM! Later that night Natalia sneaks out to go have a cry and Luke goes to follow her. Then MAGICAL Asch shows up and talks to Natalia about their past and how they made promises and it was all rainbows and kisses and 7 year old dreams. Asch then tells her to suck it up and go see daddy kill me in ten seconds. Tear catches Luke spying. Luke feels bad that he ruined Asch and Natalia’s relationship by existing and all. Tear points out if Luke wasn’t born Asch would be dead according to the score and that Luke should live every second to its fullest and enjoy life. Natalia tells everyone that she is ready to go and fight for her country.


So they fly back home and the guards are like TIME TO KILL ME SOME PRINCESS! Ion puts on his big boy pants and is like back down because I am all high and mighty. The guards let them in and Mohs is upset because he was busy whispering crap in the King’s ear. Mohs is like THE FAKE TRAITOR PRINCESS IS HERE MOG DIAF!!!! The King is like yeah, my real daughter died like 17 years old ago I hate my life and everyone in my life hates me. Natalia decides to play the martyr and says that she can be labeled anything as long as the world is saved. Luke says the exact same thing as last time and finally it sinks in Mr. Killer King’s head. He remembers that he loves his daughter and his country and it is time for a hug. The group also tells Mr King that the score is no longer useful as Luke has been born and everything is totally ruined. And oh they want to lower the lands into the muk. He says yes without any explanation. They then go to see Emperor Hottie to tell him about the peace treaty and sinking into the muk. That and Hottie and Jade reminisce about being locked up and having a bromance during the war or something. Since Moh is lurking around, Luke suggest they go down TO the muk (neutral ground) and sigh the peace treaties. So yay time to fly down to land of the muk. Hottie and Mr. King sign the treaties and Guy is like WHOOSH I gonna pull a sword on Mr. King and threaten him. He is like oh, is this peace treaty going to work since you signed one AFTER Hod was blown up and that didn’t work so well. The King is like err, we were trying to follow the Score and make everyone happy. Guy is really pissed off as his mother was not even a resident of Hod, but the King’s noble…es and she was sent as a sign of good will and she is all blown up. Luke’s dad decides that he wants to take credit for killing Guy’s mom (even though we already knew that). THEN Emperor Hottie says err…yeah it was our fault Hod got exploded. Jade and Emperor Hottie explain that they were experimenting on replicas on Hod and one of their test subjects HAHAHA blew up the damn island. NOW GUESS WHO THAT PERSON WAS!!! GUESS!! YEAH! It was VAN! The idiot who is trying to destroy the whole world. That is the MOG moment of the show. Ion calms everyone down and convinces Guy he might get tired since he should actually kill everyone in the room now. Luke asks Guy if he is done seeking revenge and Guy promises he is this time. You know, like he said LAST episode or something like that. Jade gives Guy the stinky eye like something else bad might happen but alas the episode is nearly over! They fly off going to stop the core of the planet from vibrating. End of episode of specialness.


Photobucket

BECAUSE THAT MAKES SENSE!! XD


Well....that episode was made up of 125 kinds of special. That is just a rounded up number, I didn't have time to actually count them all. I was too busy going all X_X over this episode.

I think I will start with the whole...let's go back and see King Daddy like 2 minutes after he tried to Luke and Natalia? I mean, I knew they were going to go back eventually...but I was thinking more than ONE episode would pass before that happened. Clearly I was expecting too much. It is all my fault for assuming. In any event, yeah WAY TOO SOON to be going back and asking dad for favors or chances or whatever they wanted from him. He had no time to think about his actions and Luke giving him an excuse " He was being used" does not fly with me for one second. I am not going to kill someone I love on the words of some stranger and a grandmother who gives away her own grandkid. Even though Natalia gets on my last nerves, I was on her side for not wanting to go back and see her father. Massive fail from everyone else on the show.


Photobucket

You were almost making sense...



Photobucket

Tear...when did you become unimportant?


Asch showing up made no sense at all...like the writers have to keep making characters show up so we don't forget about them. he had no reason at all to be in this episode except to make Luke feel bad about existing. I also don't think he should have pressured her into going to see her father. Using a promise from a child to save the world was a low blow. What is Asch doing anyway? Why isn't he helping out the group? And why are people just able to sneak around and no one catches them?


Photobucket

So full of words too....


So...our heroes do go back to Daddy with no brain. And this time the exact same words worked on him silly little heart and it was all hugs and roses. It was so awesome he didn't even question our group's desire to sink the entire world into the muk lands. He was like okay, just do it I am so happy to have my daughter back nothing else matters. X_X Special much? And also very anticlimactic....


Photobucket

SUCK IT UP!



Photobucket

AW time to smile!!!!


Speaking of anticlimactic this show has been lacking action lately. This show has really strayed from the game it is based on and I haven't even played it. There are no monster battles (to level up and find cool weapons). There are no mini bosses that the "real" bosses throw out there to keep our heroes busy. We just see our heroes running from place to place talking to people and gathering huge amounts of information. Or maybe this is similar to the game...and the game must suck.


Photobucket

Except for bromances!!!


This show should just be called "Tales of Guy" because that is what it seems like. Just last episode he tells Luke the truth about why he served him and his revenge plot and blah blah. Luke gets all fuzzy and says that he trusts Guy. So what does Guy do? Pulls a blade on Daddy now loves his daughter. That is REAL smooth Guy. Countless times to ask/demand answers and you do it with a full audience. Bravo for getting over your past. Fail.


Photobucket

I R STILL TICKED OFF!!!!


But it got more amusing when everyone in the damn room wanted to claim responsibility for killing people. Last time I checked that is not something you should want to ADMITT but that is just me. And we know how special I am. But seriously....you should be mad at me, NO I DID IT! NO, I YOUR KING DID IT! Instead of who done it, it was who didn't do it.


Photobucket

IT WAS ME!! Oh wait...you already knew that...


But....the icing on the massive fail cake...was Ion. I loved his simple remark "well Guy, you should just put your sword down since you probably should just kill everyone in the room". Okay....that is not what he said EXACTLY, but that is what it felt like. :) And it was pretty damn funny. Leave it to the kid to say something so obvious. But Jade has to to ruin the mood later by acting all suspicious. Bad Jade BAD!


Photobucket

Thanks captain obvious!



Photobucket

Sure...I will behave until next time...

So this entire episode was one big special ride that is leading into a more special episode. I wonder how they are going to go about lowering the lands without freaking people out...and without the whole crust ...collapsing. X_X Just does not seem logical...(did I really just say that?) Unless it can be lowered in some awesome way that brings it down like an elevator and not like...a roller coaster. In any event...show is lacking sense.

They are also leaving way too many loose ends x_X So far we have the Sync/Ion/clone thing, Tear acting all weird last episode, Largo KNOWING Natalia, what Van is REALLY trying to do, and probably a whole lot of other stuff. :( Please focus writers...I know you stopped using the word fon every 5 seconds....but please...do not hurt my head anymore.


Clannad Episode 14


Photobucket

GIMMIE A BABY!


So Akio asks Tomoya and Nagisa when the wedding is and Nagisa says they have to save up money first. Akio tries to get a jab in at Tomoya about his ability to take care of Nagisa. Akio and Tomoya then have an insane contest of wills over the words Dad and Son. After that special ed moment the happy couple arrives home, their NEW home. Nagisa says that this is a time that they should say something sweet to each other. She promises to stop crying and she will try to handle things on her own. She asks Tomoya to take care of her and be able to live with a person like her. Silly little conversation. Tomoya then has to fight being turned on that his wife is in the bath. Of course Nagisa is less that sexy when she can't work the bath right. Tomoya assumes that they are going to you know...have sex, but Nagisa says she has to hurry in the shower since Tomoya has work the next day. Nagisa also says she has to get up early to find a job. Tomoya seems a little shocked that Nagisa wants a job, but Nagisa wants to help out their new family. Tomoya has a new spring in his step while at work and Nagisa surprises him by meeting him after work. Hand holding occurs. Nagisa has found work with two of her friends at school (members of the music club I believe). She is going to be a waitress and seems happy with her job. She and Tomoya stay up talking about the legend of the lights and happiness. Tomoya says that a light must be produced because they are together. Tomoya says that if they had that light they could make a wish and wants to know what Nagisa wants. Nagisa says that she doesn't want for anything in this world...then mumbles something about a baby.

Akio has lost his mind. He wants to go and spy on Nagisa at work. He wants to take Tomoya with him so he doesn't seem like a psychopath. Also he has to dress up as a rapper and talk like a fool to accomplish this. When they get the restaurant Tomoya realizes that the hillish area of the school, where many memories took place...is where the restaurant is. Akio does not know why Tomoya is upset and quiet. They enter the restaurant and are greeted by Nagisa's friend. They are seated and Nagisa in the cutest uniform EVER wait on the two. Tomoya and Akio=X_X. For some reason Nagisa does not recognize her own father....but it is special. The two get their order and have no time to enjoy their treat when two goons try to pick up on Nagisa. Tomoya and Akio go into protect mode and escort those two men outside. They run away before they can get their butts kicked. The manager wants to see both men but Akio runs away too. Tomoya is worried that he has gotten Nagisa in trouble but Nagisa is happy Tomoya stood up for her like that. Turns out that the manager really likes Nagisa and she is a valued member of his place and hopes that Nagisa will be happy with Tomoya. Later that night at dinner Nagisa mentions that a new school building is going up at their old school. To do that they have to take down the old building with the theater club room. Nagisa thinks it is good students get a new room but Tomoya gets really mad. He feels as if that is where all their important things took place and now it is being torn down. Nagisa tries to calm Tomoya down by apologizing for not understanding how he felt. Tomoya is just scared that everything in his life is changing and he has no control over it. They have a quiet moment. Cue crazy rapper father producing many pictures of Nagisa at work. Tomoya is all....x_X you are a freak. They are interrupted by Nagisa puking. Akio jokes that there must be a baby in there. HAHA jokes on him there is a baby in there. Akio tries to convince himself that the stork put the baby there but Nagisa announces that XD she and Tomoya had sex. Tomoya is nearly killed by Akio while Sanae is all YAY baby time! Da end.

Photobucket

Wtf is that the pee pee dance or something?


Well.....I see. Yes I do. And I hope that everyone else sees too. :P

Photobucket

There are no words...

So perhaps I slightly overreacted with the whole MOG where is the wedding thing. Apparently Nagisa and Tomoya are more romantic than I gave them credit for. They wanted to be together right then and there and...well they just got a piece of paper that confirms it since Nagisa is a GOOD girl and won't have sex before marriage. They can't afford a "wedding" at this point so they would just be legally married. Of course I am making no sense at all. :P They are being romantic and practical. They just WANT to be together. They have to be together and they did not need some magical day to say so. Nothing changes and yet everything has.


Photobucket

X_X I hope he can put up with you...a little late to be asking NOW


But I am still mad. Because apparently over a month passed in this episode and no more mention of wedding. And there will probably never be a wedding. Babies are funny creatures that you know demand food, diapers, and a whole lot of other things. And Tomoya and Nagisa are too responsible to spend money on a DAY when they need to save for the baby. So I get no wedding scene. My life is horrible.


Photobucket

A baby with no sex?



Photobucket

DOES NOT COMPUTE!


Unless they have a nice little gathering of all their friends and it is a simple day. Really that is all I want. A special day for everyone to celebrate. And another excuse to see Kotomi and the rest of the gang. There is still time writers I BELIEVE!


Photobucket

Unless this counts...


The art seemed a little off this episode. At points Tomoya and Akio just seemed a little scary. Something was a little off...not really an A game performance. It just seemed a little boring and not a usual Clannad WOW factor. Maybe next episode.


Photobucket

VIEWER IS SCARED!


So...did Nagisa and Tomoya really spend their wedding night holding hands and not making the love (if that scene was their wedding night)? If so...it is really funny and or sad. I mean..it makes sense to me. This silly little couple has kissed like 5 times in their whole relationship. I really shouldn't expect there to be full on MOG time to get naked and have the sex dance. It actually sounds a little silly. A physical relationship really is something people have to work on/get use to/put up with :P. But....still...it was too funny watching Tomoya and his sad mini Tomoya not getting any. DENIED!


Photobucket

YOU ARE SO SLUTTY NAGISA!!



Photobucket

QUICK! The youngens might see this SMUT on tv!!!


XD So right when I get use to the idea that Tomoya and Nagisa are really just holding hands at night...BABY!!! MOG! I am not sure what was funnier, Akio being in denial or Nagisa trying to explain how a baby is made. Truly Nagisa is Akio's daughter. Of course Tomoya was equally as funny....not really focusing much on the baby and more on Nagisa who mentioned SEX in front of her father. This of course was to take the attention off the fact this young couple is not ready for a baby nor can afford one...but it is still fun to watch. :)


Photobucket

MOG! Is that how you make babies?!



Photobucket

Really...a slice of life X_X



Photobucket

What a great guesser :)


So....I think that the anime is missing a lot of key points and I have not even played the game. Parts that are boring take up so much time and parts that I feel are important are just brushed over with a time lapse. I WANT A WEDDING! I wanted to see Tomoya and Nagisa acting like a married couple. And I do not count folding beds and dinner more couple like...I just want more and now I think it might be too late. The baby is on the way and I think we all know what is coming soon. :( Did I mention I wanted a wedding....


Photobucket

Does that mean she won't fit into her outfit anymore?



Photobucket

Seriously....


Maria Holic Episode 2


Photobucket

This show is full of love!


Maria is starting off the day prancing around in he school uniform and asking Kanako how he looks? Kanako and her nose bleeds tell Maria he looks lovely....then Kanako dies inside each time she remembers Maria is a boy. Kanako relives the horror of finding out that Maria is a dude and now she is forced to share a room with the crazy cross-dresser. Trying to keep the peace Kanako asks Maria to leave the room so she can change. Maria keeps going from calm sweet girl and demanding scary boy. Maria says he may leave the room if Kanako gets on her hands and knees and begs. There is also some drama about how Maria does not seem them as equals and Maria invading Kanako's thoughts when she has crazy moments. Off near the dinning room dorm master god is talking about the rules with crazy side kick dog-chan. Kanako decides that she is going to get dressed under the blankets to avoid Maria and it is all dramatic. Maria decides to be nice and leave the room...but not before Maria touches Kanako to make her break out in hives. Oh and Maria threatens to rape her if she see slips her secrets. Tis awesome. Kanako finally makes it to school but suffers from heavy blood lose when she meets her hot home room teacher Fumi. She learns that Fumi knew her mother way back then and that Kanako's father picked up her mother when she was only 16 years old. Even more awesome. After being introduced to her class, Kanako meets the few kids in her class that are not all fuzzy and out of focus. They include the young girl at the archery club Yozuru, most probable lesbian Sachi, and glasses are hot Nanami. Kanako nearly dies from the amount of hotness in the room.


Photobucket

She might die from blood lose soon.


They all go to the opening ceremony to welcome the new freshmen class. Kanako almost passes out when she realizes that Maria is giving the speech. Kanako is horrified that everyone is buying the Maria is the nicest person in the world crap. Kanako's stomach growls so loud apparently that everyone hears and people are whispering about who could have done it! XD Kanako tries to die by falling in a hole but Maria takes responsibility for the GROWL and everyone is AW that Maria would take the fall for some other student. Sachi feeds Kanako some candy and all is well in the world. Well, except that the student council president and Maria apparently hate each other and trade insults as they pass each other on stage. People later try to fight to earn the right to eat with Kanako but Ryuuken stops on by and wants to have a word with Kanako. She wants to talk to Kanako and ask why she isn't her roommate anymore. She thinks that Kanako is mad at her and only wanted to be friends. Maria appears out of no where and explains that due to Ryuuken's popularity her past roommates have been tortured and Maria was merely trying to save Kanako from that fate (even though Maria is just as popular). Proof of torture is made clear by the sea food products in Kanako's bag and Ryuuken feels bad. Kanako is scared of Maria's ability to lie and create stories. Maria is still pissed about the student council president picking on her and goes on about how breasts suck. Off in a hallway several girls are talking about Kanako and how Ryuuken should not be so closed to the newbie.


Photobucket

Again with all the love.


My eyes...they burn. They really do. I almost had a seizure watching this episode. X_X Is it going to be like this for another 10 episodes?


Photobucket

IT BURNS!


Instead of talking about the actual content of the show I am going to talk about the actual art or style of the show. But that might take a while...since this show uses about 37845 elements. We have the faded away non-important classmates. We have panels of just words. We had the speech scene look more like a theater setting with the border. We have manga pictures randomly thrown in there. We have at least TWO kinds of super deformed characters. We have some panels of a character and what they are saying popping up in bubbles. We have characters on backgrounds that are fuzzy and out of focused.


Photobucket

Insert random students here....and there.


We get it!!! The writers/artist think they are awesome. They must have watched lots of different genres of anime and said HEY that looks good, let's add that! Problem is...they didn't know when to stop. One cool element makes your show special, it's your trademark. Two.....makes you special. But the 8 or more this show has just really hurts my head.


Photobucket

MAKE UP YOUR MINDS!


Not to mention it makes the artists look unbelievably lazy. I mean, where there are just scenes with speech bubbles for 15 seconds...that is 15 seconds they did not have to draw anyone or anything. It looks very basic. I am sure that it isn't but that point it not made clear. All these different styles just make it seem the artists were trying to do the least about of animating and instead focused on filling the time slot. It really was more like a 15 minute show instead of a 22 minute episode.


Photobucket

Being different just like everyone else.


I have read mixed reviews on the opening theme song. I thought someone was on a crazy acid trip when they thought that idea up. A very bad acid trip that was cut (can acid be cut?) with draining fluid and dog pee. We got crazy mannequins being torn apart by the crazy Maria. We have the person doing the opening theme song screaming and not really singing at some points. It was random and not random in a great MOG way. More like....yeah I am going to be skipping that theme song each time I watch this episode. Oh and the opening theme song had yet even MORE elements in it. Let's make that number 10 now.

On to the actual show. I am going to call Maria....Maria because that is how I would spell Maria and that is how it is spelled in the title. This show already hurt my head enough...just leave me and my way of spelling alone.

Maria is a little freak. I mean...who can threaten to rape another human being and look so lovely while doing so? Maria has the ability to make Kanako fall for his face and make her keep forgetting that he is a demon in a pretty dress. The fact that most of the student body is buying this crazy act is funny (and typical). I am sure it will turn out that he has to cross dress because he wants approval from his family or something equally as horrible and Kanako will love him more for it in the end. But for right now...he is pretty evil.


Photobucket

I think Kanako could take him...


Kanako is pretty perverted. If she was a guy and having nose bleeds all over the place because of these girls I would be rolling my eyes at his general idioticness. Truly she does not know how to have a relationship and she is a shallow person for just falling for a pretty face. That may be why Maria is so mean to her. I would be too. Being a lesbian is not loving every single girl that comes your way. Just like being straight does not mean you like every single person of the opposite sex.

I felt bad for Ryuuken in this episode. I would probably be hurt too if my roommate just up and changed on me after meeting me once. And I really thought Maria was making up all this sea food crap but I guess Ryuuken does have a crazy cult following. And I give Ryuuken some props for picking up on the fact....um, you are just as popular as me....so why are you do this? :( It made me sad when Ryuuken walked away defeated.


Photobucket

Poor Ryuuken :(


Overall the new girls are kinda boring. They were introduced all at once so no one was given any real character development. I do like the glasses girl more...(not because I wear glasses or anything). Really, there is not much to say about this episode. This show is all about the artist elements and not the story. :( I hope that next week there is more storyline and less crazy scenes. Here's to hoping.


Photobucket

I love to write...and I think there were too many words!!! X_X


Shugo Chara Doki Episode 66


Photobucket

Feed the homeless kitties please!

Amu is suffering from a severe lack of sleep due to the cat hunk sleeping next to her. She warns (threatens) Yoru and Ikuto and tells them they better stay in her room or else. She is all sleepyfied at school and the other Guardians speculate to what could be keeping up Amu. The topic is quickly changed to a person who is running around town in cat ears. Amu thinks that it could be Ikuto, but apparently it is a girl and Tadase thinks it is serious business and must be connected to EASTER somehow. The gang is walking home when they happen upon said crazy cat girl defending a kid from some bullies. But it turns out...there was no bullying going on and she was just being a nosy freak. The kids run off, the cat girl trips over her tail, and our group is not impressed. The group says goodbye to Amu....but instead of running home to take care of Ikuto she goes back to the cat girl. Her name is Choco-tan because...her parents met at an anime event for a character named Choco-tan so obviously it makes sense. So anyway Choto-tan dresses up as a cat because she wants to be a super hero and save people just like the anime character. She feels as if she is too clumsy as her real self so she must transform! Amu thinks she is a bit of a freak and does the usual wtf smile. Meanwhile Yoru has ventured down stairs to get some food...but is distracted by the shiny yard string of coolness. Ikuto goes to untangle him...and Ams walks in to them both being all messy on the floor with the string. She is not pleased but gives Ikuto the food she bought him anyway (even though Amu's charas eat them...). Amu basically admits that she has been thinking about Ikuto all day and Ikuto teases her that it must be love. Amu does not take it well and tells Ikuto she feels as if she lied to Tadase (only he matters of course) and that she just wants him to leave. Downstairs Ami is watching the anime that Choko-tan is trying to copy.


Photobucket

They fail at sharing.


The next day Amu is very tired from sleeping next to hottie again but she actually leaves him food. Choko-tan is walking home from school when she sees someone painting on a wall. She immediately changes outfits to stop him. Amu is invited to go out to eat with her friends but she is busy thinking about how she has to get home and feed Ikuto. Some kids from school say they just saw cat girl so Amu goes running off to see what is going on. Choco-tan has stopped the man from writing on the wall....but it turns out that he is a famous artist and was commissioned to do this work. People tease her and call her a loser. She runs off and of course Lulu is there to pick up the pieces...or use her jewelry of doom on her. Choco-tan goes back and paints over the man's work to make it better. She then goes off and transforms a kid's toy into a giant dinosaur and nearly squishes some kids. Amu gets to the scene and is like WTF are you doing?!The gang shows up and transforms. But instead of sugary nice words today they are a little harsher (borderline telling Choco-tan she is a loser). But soon the message of if you love what you do you should try your best to achieve it. She is healed and Nana fails to capture the Embryo with her tiny little net. Choco-tan wakes up to this small group of kids who thinks she is cool and all is well. This whole battle has made Amu realize she was being mean to Ikuto and should have been taking care of him. This of course is a little too late as Ikuto has already left her house. :(


Photobucket

YOU BETTER BE SAD!


This episode was pretty special...as it made fun of itself in a sense. I am not sure if it was deliberate or not...but I found it pretty funny and managed to put up with the friend of the day for the most part.


Photobucket

Such a special girl....


:( Ikuto has left Amu's house. I thought they could milk a few more episodes of sleepless nights and picking on each other. I think there was way more material they could have made up and funny situations. Of course....they do involve shower scenes and the parents nearly finding out....and that might be beyond the writers to make up with such a “kid” friendly show. Regardless I pouted when Ikuto was gone and not simply in his closet of awesome.


Photobucket

TOO CUTE!




Photobucket

He was just teasing!!!


Of course I can not blame him for leaving. I mean, Amu said on several occasions that she wanted him gone. The last time she was very mean about it. She lacks compassion for Ikuto's situation. She sees him as merely a bum mooching off her. But...he really is a fugitive and injured at that. She did not really do her best to take care of him yet she is always helping out the friend of the week. I expected more from Amu....and then realized that we are dealing with a 12 year old girl.


Photobucket

Mean Amu! :(


I guess what bothered me the most about the situation was that she brought up Tadase's name in the conversation. I am not sure why or what she thought she was going to accomplish with name dropping. Tadase and Ikuto are not the best of friends. They BOTH are going after her attention so...yeah let's make more drama. And the fact she was not LYING to Tadase at all and she was making up excuses for why she wanted Ikuto gone. Just too much of a stretch for me.


Photobucket

Duh Amu!!!


As for the friend of the week....x_X. No, not all cosplayers are crazy psychopaths like that girl. But really...a shy, clumsy girl wanting to transform into someone stronger....mmm They should make a show about that and call it Shugo Chara. I am getting a little bit disappointed with the fact we never get to see their Chara before the egg goes back into their soul or whatever. I think that part of the show would be cute. But over all....I think it was a stretch with her “transformation” and how she helped people. Like a really huge stretch. But we as viewers are not supposed to be paying attention to silly details like that.


Photobucket

LONGEST NAME EVER!


Speaking of silly details.....so the writers expect us to believe the show that Choco-tan is named after is still on the air IN PRIME TIME?! Um, let's do some math. Choco-tan is named after the convention her parents met at. So that is a minimum of of 13 years if we assume that Choco-tan's parents went out the next day and had sex and got pregnant on the first go (assuming Choco-tan is around Amu's age of 12). Even then we are not factoring in if the show had been around LONGER than the actual convention and this was an anniversary party or what not. So really saying 13 years is really generous. Yeah...not buying that this show is still on the air 13 years later, on prime time, and just HAPPENED to come on the day Amu meets Choco-tan. I do not believe in miracles like that.



Photobucket

Amu just listens...



Photobucket

...and listens...



Photobucket

And wants to run away!!


Lulu was kinda boring this episode...but she is boring every episode. She has no real presence in the show. She is just there....there and really useless. She isn't really picky on the people she picks for her MOG you are lost and now you must be transformed into a crazy version of your would be self. A very lazy villain who does no real work. Aren't we done with her yet?


Photobucket

All kids hate Lulu; it is a proven fact!


So....other than the cute Ikuto and Amu moments this show was pretty BLEH. BLEH BLEH BLEH. I mean....it wasn't THAT boring but it could have been better. They are just getting lazy with their friend of the week/day/hour and they need to stop just having 5 minutes focused on that person.


Photobucket

Word.



To Aru Majutsu no Index Episode 15


Photobucket

Ducky is SCARED!


Just a little disclaimer for this episode. IT IS MADE OF CRACK! It is not going to make sense. Just go with the flow and at the end most of it makes sense. Except for the friend...not sure if that was really the friend of Stiyl...


Photobucket

Index disapproves of confusion!


So anyway this episode starts off with Index prancing around at the beach and Touma unhappy to be there. A tiny flash back shows Komoe telling Touma that the head people of the city...are sorta upset with him and that it would be in his best interest if he leaves town before things get hairy. Index insists on coming along for the trip and Touma is just not happy at all (especially since Index gets by the gates with no I.D.). The crowning moment of the scene is when Index puts a jelly fish on his head. He is treated by the lady of the house who seems a little bit off. The man of the house says his traveling guests will be late and will arrive tomorrow. Index is a little sad since she wants to meet Touma parents and sister NOW. They go the bath and Index is busy throwing a fit because Touma won't tell her about his parents. The truth is that Touma can't REMEMBER his parents so he can't tell Index ANYTHING. He is very concerned he won't be able to pull off the act in front of his parents...and truly wants to know about them. The next morning after receiving a call that his guests are on their way. He goes down the bath and a man happily greets him. His father thinks that Touma is a little off on their meeting but let's it go...until Touma goes insane upon meeting his sister and mother....whom are Index and Misaka. He is like WTF these are not my relatives!!!!


Photobucket

WTF?!


Quick run down of people getting switched in this episode:

Touma's mother-looks like Index
Touma's sister-looks like Misaka
Woman innkeeper- looks like sister Misaka
Man innkeeper- looks like Stiyl
Index- looks like his blue haired friend from school
Reporters on tv- look like Komoe and frog man doctor
Brack Obama (aka president) looks like Kuroko


Photobucket

Touma hates his life!


At first Touma thinks that everyone is playing a giant joke on him. He runs back to the inn where the old couple have been switched to Stiyl and sister Misaka. And then....Index is his friend from school. Touma really loses his mind and tries to avoid the craziness at the beach which includes Index momma in pasties and his Index friend in a girl's swimsuit. But after watching the news he realizes that this is too big to be a reality show prank. He notices around town that everyone is mixed up from their normal roles (fat old men being school girls, kids are shop keepers). Touma is walking up a hill and sees a weirdly dressed person. Touma thinks to himself since this person looks like a freak...he clearly must know them and that he has just forgotten them. He greets the girl and she tries to cut his head off. Kaori and Tsuchimikado walk down the path and tell the woman that cutting off his head might be a bad thing. Touma is about ready to lose his mind with all these new faces but manages to keep it together. To put it simply someone is using a spell (called Angel Fall) to change the appearance of every person in the world. They suspect that the person behind this event is actually an angel and the cosplaying girl is from another church sent to investigate this magic. It turns out that the people present right now are NOT under the spell and actually look how they really do. Meaning..that Touma's school friend actually works for the church of Necessary evil X_x For some reason both churches thought that Touma was behind this spell and were sent to investigate him. After Kaori tells the new girl Touma is NOT responsible...she attacks him and proves her right. The episode ends with Touma being more confused about life than ever.


Photobucket

But I am sure Index is still happy...


Okay...that episode was nothing like I thought it was going to be when I saw the previews last week. See, I assume something simple is going to happen and it turns out it is a plot to take over the world by confusing Touma and viewers to death.


Photobucket

Injury of the week!


The most surprising aspect of this entire episode would have to be Tsuchimikado actually working for the church (because I cheated and looked on wiki to see wtf was going on). I thought he and that blue hair kid were just some loser friends of Touma and really did not deserve a second glance. I just thought it was odd that Kaori is working with someone other than Stiyl. HAS SHE NO LOYALITY!!!


Photobucket

She is cheating on Stiyl!


There were many funny moments to this show...but if I had to narrow it down to just one...it would be Touma acknowledging his life is messed up and CLEARLY anyone who is dressed up weird must be related to him or he knows them. It was just...too funny and it wasn't really MEANT to be funny. I mean, YES WE CAN was supposed to be funny and the entire Index is my mother was over the top. But Touma just mildly accepting his life is effed up....truly a genius work of funny.


Photobucket

He is slowly growing up and realizing his life sucks.


I think the most wtf moments were the cross dressing Index and mother Index running around in pasties. Both of those scenes I could have lived the rest of my life without seeing thanks. I am very disturbed by this episode...but I am more disturbed that Touma's real mother might actually be wearing the pasties.


Photobucket

MY EYES!



Photobucket

Some things cannot be unseen!



I love this new girl. I almost rolled my eyes with how she was talking though...then realized that everyone in this series is going to talk like a weirdo and just to deal with it. But here she is wearing some outrageous outfit....and she just attacks Touma out of the blue. :P Hope in this world the person who cast the spell can be killed and the spell ends...otherwise she might have screwed the entire world over. Also major props to her not believing Touma is a good guy and she has to attack him just to make sure. And no apologizes are ever issued. I love his suffering. Not to mention I like the churches getting more attention and Kaori returning YAY!


Photobucket

This was only a test!


Again I laugh at his pain. Something creepy happens all around the world and somehow everyone thinks it is Touma? Can this guy not catch a break to save his life? I was not really following the explanation that well, but did they assume it was him based on his “god like” powers? Because Touma being an angel....is too funny for me to handle. And I really love the names of all these churches. I wish I could attend a service at the Church of Necessary evil. :P Then I could excuse my behavior to asshat customers.


Photobucket

YES WE CAN!



Kuroshitsuji Episode 11


Photobucket

I has two faces!


Elizabeth is taking a happy carriage ride to Ceil's house. The stupid trio are sad because they don't get to celebrate the festivities. She arrives and presents Ceil with a present. When she hands him the box she sees the ring on his finger and questions how it is fixed when she broke it! Sebastian explains that he fixed it and Elizabeth takes back her present and runs off with her maid. Ceil is like wtf was that about and Sebastian says that the gift was probably for his birthday. There is a little flashback of a young cute Ceil excited about his birthday...only to his parents to die that day, his house to burn down, and a bunch of creepy people tie him up and brand him. Not really the stuff of dreams. Elizabeth is pouting on her way home but is distracted by that puppet dude walking down the street. Elizabeth runs away from her maid and follows the puppet dude to a store. There are a lot of dolls in this store and Elizabeth can't help but admire them. Elizabeth tells the puppet man about her sob story and he concludes that the best gift she can give Ceil would be herself. There is also brief talk about how she was supposed to give him that misfortune ring and she fails at life. Ceil gets word of Elizabeth's disappearance at the same time he learn of the case of missing girls (missing girls who look just like the dolls at that dude's place). These girls all were given the ring of misfortune and then went missing. Sounds interesting. The puppet dude reports to his master who is singing my fair lady over and over again. In route to finding Elizabeth, Ceil tells Sebastian to leave and find information about the missing girls. Ceil is left with Pluto so he can be protected.....yeah right. So in the midst of Pluto acting special Grell appears from the sky.


Photobucket

Protection fail.


After being a freak and Ceil being all REVENGE WILL BE MINE Pluto leads the small group to the toy shop. Ceil sees the doll of Elizabeth and the store leads to a house out back. Against his better judgment Ceil tells Grell to protect him and he is allowed to give Sebastian a blow job or something. They enter the mansion where they encounter one of the missing girls. The doll girl attacks Ceil and Pluto could care less. Grell acts like a stupid with some scissors and “kills” the girl which just turns out to be clay. The puppet man comes out and sings another version of falling down song, this time the girls made of metal. Insert three more “missing girls” coming out. Ceil runs out of the room telling Grell to handle this. Ceil finds the puppet man who sings about making Ceil into a doll of gold and silver. Ceil runs through a maze of masks and is haunted by the song. He then has more flashbacks of his past birthdays and how they end in tragedy. Cue Sebastian in the window sill saying that Elizabeth is going to die.


Photobucket

Random acts of torture.



Well then...X_X. Such a special little show. You would think by now I would be use to the dark themes with all the comedy in between...but it still comes off so weird at times.


Photobucket

Too? Were you going to rape him and not kiss him at all?



I guess the most special....or crazy apart of the show was Grell's magical return. He randomly comes around and bothers Ceil? Or does he has a real purpose for being in the area? Regardless....this show is very ballsy to mention a blow job in the presence of minors. Or said minor gives the okay for crazy man to give his butler a blow job. OH I am sorry, KISSES! That makes more sense, it was just kisses that Grell was talking about. Okay, then just ignore this silly little paragraph. Kisses indeed.


Photobucket

JUST KISSES!


Again, any episode that hardly has any stupid trio makes me happy. One could argue that Pluto is pretty stupid himself...but he can't talk. :) So he is already reduced his annoyance by at least half. Plus he is a dog: It is hard to be mad at a silly little dog...who only loves Sebastian. Maybe he wants to give Sebastian a blow job too.


Photobucket

Surly Ceil shall die.


I thought we were going to see the bad guy this episode but all we got to see is the lackey puppetman. Who only can sing special little songs. I wonder if the bad guy is going to be a child due to the fact that there are lots of dolls and there is a childish theme.



Photobucket

MMM eye tattoos.



I have to laugh at Ceil's pain and suffering. Elizabeth was not even the target this week. Ceil is such a pretty boy he is chosen to be a doll instead of her. Poor cute little Ceil will always be a victim due to his baby face appearance. Even when (if) he reaches 20....he is going to look like jail bait. Very cute jail bait though!


Photobucket

The cuteness is taking over!


I am getting a little bit tired of these flashbacks that really aren't giving us more information. Well....I guess we know a little tiny bit more. It does not seem that Ceil wanted to have that seal placed on his eye. But I am probably wrong as Ceil had to enter in the contract with Sebastian himself. So maybe that crazy cult was just being psycho about something else. I just hope they step it up and focus on his past eventually. But he better not die :(


Photobucket

Although he is tortured a lot...


The last scene of the show was kinda weird. The vibe I got from it was Ceil thought Sebastian was some how involved in this craziness? I mean, I am sure Ceil was just shocked to see him there so fast...but I came away from the impression he thought Sebastian had something to do with the set up. Or maybe he was just mad that his birthday is sucking again and he is blaming Sebastian. Because it is always his fault!


Photobucket

The MOG moment of the show was not very MOG!




:)


1 comment:

Sarah Saad said...
This comment has been removed by the author.