Sunday, November 22, 2009

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 8

Pay not attention to the fact that I hit the publish button when in fact I was still writing this blog entry. It was just a figment of your imagination. Your Personal Reality if you will. XD

Photobucket

But I could never fail as epically as Kuroko.

But on a serious note this episode was really awesome. I think we are finally getting into the meat of this series which makes me happy. So watch this episode and be happy with me. Or you can just spoil the episode for yourself and read my post right now. XD


Two weeks in a row and we get a good episode? Pick me off the floor! But seriously YAY! I shouldn’t be complaining when I get what I want right?

Photobucket

Sorry, just trying to teach you something important here that will apply to this episode. Go back to daydreaming now.

The episode starts off with a teacher going on about something but we are more drawn to Saten being bored. Anytime a teacher is going on and on about a boring subject that topic will be important. Very important. Our heroines should start listening during class so they can solve crimes a lot faster. Or maybe the teacher should go HELLO THIS IS IMPORTANT! Silly teachers, expecting students to pay attention.

Photobucket

Or not my little friend...

Saten wasn’t really understanding what the teacher was talking about and I don’t blame her. I do find it funny that later in the episode Uiharu attempted to explain the same subject and Saten appeared to get it. The reason it is funny is because I think Uiharu did a crappier job of explaining what Personal Reality is. Or maybe Saten just understands stupid.

I for one do not. Either the concept of Personal Reality is really simple or really complicated. I mean, is it one of those terms that doesn’t need defining? Everything I experience is my Personal Reality right? If someone says something I can interpret it one way when they really meant it another way and that is my Personal Reality right? If so….wow. A class on teaching that?

But if it’s something else, that something else being really complicated, then I have no idea what is going on and will just roll with it. It’s not like an AIM field or anything. Unless they mean Personal Reality means that you can imagine what kind of power you want and you get it? Seriously I think I am confusing myself so it is time to roll.

Photobucket

Kuroko...not understanding something? SAY IT AIN'T SO!

So while Saten is saved by the bell Misaka and Kuroko are walking home from school. Kuroko is bothered by the mass plushie murderer or better known as the graviton case. He actually has a name but he sucks and I hate learning new names. Anyway Kuroko says that he is only listed as a level 2 even though he power was clearly at a level 4. That means it is time to put on our confused faces and wonder what is going on!

Photobucket

Clearly they are having sex Kuroko. Clearly.

Kuroko and Misaka stop for snacks so Misaka can say something slightly important about feeling colors and Kuroko can do something stupid like act all jealous when Saten shows up and indirect kisses occur. But in terms of Kuroko stupidity this was almost funny. It wasn’t anything really perverted and she kept all her clothes on. So I shall enjoy her suffering and laugh in her general direction. Also these girls eat a lot of treats and are really underweight. This anime is clearly fiction.

So while Kuroko is having a crazy attack Saten talks about how Uiharu is sick and since they are in an anime show she is obligated to go over to her house and fawn all over her. This happens every single time anyone is sick in any anime show. Let’s go over the day someone gets sick and visit them. How about no? If I was sick I would want people to leave me alone so I can rest. Chances are I haven’t made it to the bathroom at all that day so I am not very presentable. Leave me alone and give me time to rest!

Photobucket

Um Uiharu.....you didn't invite them over. It's not your fault. For once.

But Saten, Kuroko, and Misaka do not take my advice and they go visit Ms. Sicky anyway. After Saten is done perving on her (Saten will never be as bad as Kuroko!) it is time to drink tea and get down to business. That means talking about the graviton case again. Kuroko tells the group that a lot of “baddies” lately have been listed having a lower ability than they actually posses. Or appear to posses. The group then decides to remember when Saten was talking about urban legends once and that she mentioned the Level Upper. Looks like Saten is a lot more important than everyone thought she would be. She doesn’t need an ability to be an asset to the team…although it would be nice if she had one.

Photobucket

Saten! You have information! Do not be afraid to share it!

Uiharu locates a website that talks about Level Uppers and where they meet. Because all baddies have their information clearly on the web where anyone could find them in ten seconds. Yay bad guys! Misaka and Kuroko run off to save the day and leave Saten behind. Because they suck. This doesn’t go unnoticed by Saten. She knows she is left behind because she has no power and that makes her sad. Everyone feel bad for Saten.

Photobucket

Me thinks they should test the kids before giving them false hope but that's just me.

I wish this episode wouldn’t have been so obvious what Saten is going to do in the next episode. Or maybe it has been clear from the start of the series. Either way we all know that Saten knows about the Level Upper because she wants to use it on herself. And I don’t blame her! What is the point of being in that city if you don’t have an ability?! I would be devastated if I went to that city only to be told I have a zero ability. Of course I would have gone home after that but that is beside the point. The point is I support Saten cheating and doing drugs to get an ability. WOOT FOR ME!

Photobucket

Very unMisaka like.

Misaka and Kuroko go to the restaurant where the Upper Level people are hanging out. Misaka is sent in to talk to the men because Kuroko is a known Judgment member.
Apparently no one knows who Misaka is. I mean they know there is a Level 5 awesome girl but they don’t know what she looks like or who she is. Because they are just that awesome. So she is able to go in there and charm the pants off the high school kids. Because high school teenagers (or even older teenagers) are attracted to junior high girls. Okay I feel dirty writing that last line. But then I think about how sad Kuroko was the entire time and suddenly I feel better. XD

Photobucket

Misaka needs to stop putting herself in dangerous situations...

Misaka ends up in a dark alley to talk to the guys about the Upper Level. But then it turns out they are hooligans OH NO! It takes Misaka about 5 seconds to deal with them all. She was slightly worried that it would turn out like the plushie murderer and she would be screwed without Touma around but these hooligans were really losers. Nothing to see here folks.

Well then their boss comes around and makes them apologize to Misaka. These hooligans seem to be scared of this chick because they say their sorries and take off. The leader looks a little bit like Naked Lady but she lacks the dark circles under her eyes and appears to be a bit younger. But she does look a lot like her so I am just throwing it out there that it might be her. So when it does turn out to be her I can go AHA I am right!!! XD

Photobucket

Best power ever. Only not.

Even though the girl just made her men apologize she is bent on fighting Misaka. She says “payback”. Now does she mean payback for beating her men or for some other random reason that will be explained in the next episode? I hope it is the second choice because it would be stupid for her to have that much hatred for Misaka over beating up her men.

The girl talks a big game but her battle doesn’t last much longer than her lackey’s battle. Her ability is to control asphalt which to date is one of the lamest abilities thus far. Hope she doesn’t get attacked at the beach or in a forest or INSIDE! But Misaka takes it easy on her and the girl still loses. There is a bit of fail when Kuroko and Misaka don’t apprehend girl which makes me sad. Yes Misaka took out all the power in the city and the blackout lasted til the next day. That is a pretty big oppies.

However….home girl didn’t even try to run away. She was still standing there being all sad that she lost! So why didn’t they go back and get her? It wasn’t going to help the power situation by running away. BLEH BLEH BLEH!

But they don’t and talk about the fact that they suck the next day. Kuroko then takes Misaka to the hospital where graviton boy has passed out. In fact all the “baddies” who Kuroko suspects used the Level Upper are passed out now and nothing seems to wake them up. Not sure why Kuroko is there and why she took Misaka but they are. The doctor tells these two 13 year olds all that he knows and introduces them to the best brain person doctor the city has. And it happens to be Naked Lady.

Photobucket

Could she be Asphalt Lady? I wonder......

So is the Naked Lady really Asphalt lady but has a split personality? That could explain the dark circles under her eyes. Her other personality stays up all night and she can never get any sleep. Whatever the case may be we know she is into something shady. The opening theme song tells us that. XD It’s just a matter of how important she really is to all this mess that we don’t know.

Next week also promises to be interesting which has me dancing inside. Well not the whole Saten might get hurt thing (you know, with all the other Level Uppers passing out) but still woot! Don’t take a Thanksgiving break subbers! You don’t need any Black Friday sales anyway. XD So I shall see you next week hopefully.




4 comments:

Blacksun88 said...

I really like the reaction of Kuroko when she saw Mikoto and Saten spoon-feeding each other. That scene is a comedy moment of gold to me XD. And I think I too will die of blood loss due to the HNG mikoto kewt moment !! Kuroko headbashing just make the whole scene even funnier XD. And I can understand the frustration of being level 0. The world isn’t fair and they may be forever level 0 no matter how hard they try.

Christina said...

Blacksun88- Kuroko suffering was like icing on the cake each and every time in happened. I so enjoyed watching her have a spaz attack XD

I honestly think that level 0's shouldn't be allowed in the city. Nothing good will come from it. Sure they can maybe MAYBE train to level 1 but chances are they will just be normal. Which there is nothing wrong with that but these are young teenagers who are basically being told they are not special enough. Nothing good can come from that.

Cos said...

Personal Reality is to go in a parallel world in which a very-low probability event, that is desired by the user, occurs.

The special phenomenons happen naturally in some parallel worlds without any intervention. The psychic users do not have to create them, they simply have to "be" in a world in which they happened.

Which is to say, all they change is their personal experience, not the world itself.

Christina said...

Cos- X__X This show is so confusing. It must be fun to be a sci fiction/fantasy writer. You can make up whatever you want and as long as there is some logic to back it up. For me I rather change ALL of reality. XD Not much fun if no one else notices right?