Sunday, November 15, 2009

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 7

This episode was excellent! And not just because Touma was in it! Even though episodes that have Touma in them tend to be more excellent. I really wonder why that is.

Yes my post is late and I am a slacker. I didn’t even get dressed today. XD Just anime, manga, and Hello Kitty Online all day long. Oh and Taco Bell. Ah to be lazy.

Photobucket

Great episode you said?!

But at least I have a post? XD Let’s focus on the positive and jump right into this wonderful episode.




I really did call it last week when I said episode 6 was just laying the ground work for a better episode this week. That is the only way to explain the craziness that is Misaka not being able to do Kuroko’s job. Which I am still bitter about but I will be okay. Ice cream heals all wounds. So maybe that will be the pattern from now on. Lame “fun” episode that leads into a serious one. Even if next week looks fun and serious…

Photobucket

Let me displace my anger and hurt innocent people because I am a dumbass!

That being said the enemy was lame. Good thing we didn’t need him to be amazing or anything. We just needed the situation to be serious and our main cast to be on their A-game. Who cares about this IPod wearing freak anyway?

Photobucket

We have a hostage situation here people!

Why such disdain for this loser? I am not faulting him for getting picked on and beaten up at school. That shouldn’t happen to anyone. And I am not going to victim blame or anything like that (even if it is going to come across like that). However if he is going to get bullied all the time by the same people and not tell the police/Judgment….it’s not Judgment’s fault. They can’t be everywhere at once and if they are not made aware of the crime how are they supposed to prevent it? They can’t. I mean, yes I go on and on about how lame and useless they are but he is not allowed to. He is blaming them for something that couldn’t be helped. Putting aside the fact that they shouldn’t be dealing with issues like school bullying and garbage clean up THEY CAN’T DEAL WITH AN ISSUE THEY DON’T KNOW ABOUT!

Photobucket

Look at this devastating crime scene!

So yeah Mr. Misunderstood…person? X_X I forgot what his power is called. Did he get a name? Probably doesn’t matter because he is a loser who doesn’t deserve a name. Using cute innocent stuffed animals as bombs. What is up with all the plushie abuse? Trying to punish people who didn’t even know he needed help. I recall Misaka trying to help him last week and he pushed her aside. So sad little emo kid who no one understands…you suck. Sorry you get picked on at school but if you don’t tell anyone nothing will change. Unless you blow up those bullies. Try doing THAT next time.

Photobucket

It's not easy being normal.

There wasn’t much of my cute Saten this week. But she is the one who brought up the Level Upper legend again (even if it was never discussed if that is what nameless boy was up to) so that’s important. But I really liked it when she and Misaka were sitting down and talking. Of course it could be construed as Satan having a pity party for herself. I choose not to see it that way because I love Saten and therefore I am biased. Satan just feels like the odd man out because she has no power and she isn’t in Judgment and is left out in the cold. :( I would feel sad too if I was surrounded by “awesome” people and I was normal. *hugs for Satan*

Photobucket

Are you telling me Kuroko is the one who cracked the case....out of ALL those people?!

Kuroko was actually tolerable today. Wait a second as I go outside and look for some flying pigs. But since she was busy researching the same exact crap over and over again she didn’t have a chance to annoy me. XD But I am sure that was all necessary for the topic of the computer systems being off about people’s powers so it’s acceptable.

Photobucket

She would be last on my hit list personally.....

Uiharu is a useless slug. I really liked how she acted all important when she evacuated the building and went looking for the bomb/bad guy. Didn’t she get on Kuroko’s case about going in alone and not waiting for back up? And what exactly was she going to do anyway? Meh. I rather Satan be the Judgment member…but not if she would be useless like Uiharu.

Photobucket

Why yes, yes it is Misaka!

Misaka is Misaka. I want to go on the record and say that I thought those pajamas were cute. XD It’s something I would wear. But I guess when you are a young girl it is more fun to wear “sexy” sleepwear and be all adult like. But then you grow up and get married and it is easier to wear your husband’s/boyfriend’s shirt to bed (and men like that. Or if we don’t wear anything to bed at all). So you GO Misaka.

Photobucket

Of course I love Misaka when she is giving out justice.

I like Misaka how spends time with her friends and supports Kuroko and her “job”. I like how she has a huge crush on Touma and she doesn’t even know it. XD I like how she is ready to come to defense of anyone in danger. And I like how she slugged that loser in the face. XD

Photobucket

Touma is not amused as usual.

I still love Touma. I didn’t think I would miss his epic speeches but I do. :( But this series is not about him so he doesn’t have time for epic speeches. He is just there to provide laughs and a love interest and to save Misaka from plushies that explode in her face. If Misaka wasn’t so blinded by her “hatred” for Touma she could see that he is laid back like her and their sense of justice is pretty much the same. XD But she is too in LOVE to see that and it is kinda fun to watch.

Photobucket

There is a reason that people haven't caught on to Touma's power yet right?

So…this episode was pretty great for me. This is how I imagine the series would be. A bit of pervy for the guys, some action, and a lot of fun. Keep up this pace please and also if Kuroko were at accidentally fall off a building and die no one would miss her. Honest.



2 comments:

Blacksun88 said...

I agree that touma appearance is cool in this episode. Instead of having the usual protagonist saving the day, they had a cameo character there which is interesting. It also depicts that even elites like Mikoto is not perfect and may make mistake in such situation. I like the humans touch at here ^^. and this episode show why mikoto is a better female protagonist. Her comedy side (her love to the frog thing), her normal side (casual interaction with saten) and her kick ass side (railgun!!) just great combination. and I totally agree with you about the what-his-name. for illogical reason he is targetting the wrong side. no wonder he deserved to be bullied and has his ass kick. i would say, nice punch Mikoto!! and i can feel the pain suffered by Satent too... Being normal when you are surrounded elite is not a good feelings.

Christina said...

Blacksun88- I think that is why Misaka makes such a great heroine. She really is multidimensional. Usually girls who kick ass are hard core and their soft side is only shown very rarely. But Misaka is all around goofy yet serious and silly. Makes her more relateable.

Also I like that she needs a little help when it comes to saving the day. They both help each other yet they are still kids. They aren't super heroes yet and they need help along the way.