Friday, November 13, 2009

Next time on Dragon Ball Z!

Technology is great. Without it we wouldn’t have advancements in medicine, communication, and travel. But with every advancement there comes a drawback. Cars pollute the air. Medicines that save lives can have awful side effects. And the more we rely on technology to communication the less real life interaction we might have with people.

Instead of handwritten letters most teenagers these days send e-mails or write short messages on walls of various social networks. You don’t have to visit with a person now that you can have a web cam conversation. Even the phone is taking a bit of a hit with the new wave of texting. Who needs to talk to someone when you can send them a short message with a cute little XD at the end of it?

Photobucket

Who needs sunshine anyway?!

Why am I talking about this? Because sometimes I think I spend too much time talking on AIM with my friends instead of hearing their voices. Sometimes I think I am too dependent on the internet/computer. Sometimes I think I am a bad friend.

Yesterday was not one of those days. And yes this story has to deal with Dragon Ball Z.





Photobucket

HOW CAN THIS BE?!

My wonderful friend and I were talking on AIM yesterday talking about random things. I complained about my job and my silly puking cat. My friend then started talking about her “wonderful” job. She used to have problems with her store manager but things have changed apparently. The district manager’s assistant has been creating a lot of problems in their store. The names have been changed to protect the stupid and the innocent.

Me=Tenchi

Friend=Bird, assistant manager at the store

Store Manager=Bonnie

District Manager= Debbie

District Manager’s Assistant= Mary

Another assistant manager at Bird’s store=Cindy

Tenchi: Wait wait, so now someone else is trying to get you in trouble?
Bird: Yes. Try to keep up.
Tenchi: What you are saying is Cindy is running to Mary and making up all these lies about you and Mary is writing you up on bogus violations?
Bird: Exactly.
Tenchi: And Bonnie, the lady you use to hate with all your heart and soul and was making your life hell at work…..is also being falsely written up and now you two are teaming up to tell Debbie that all this is crazy talk?
Bird: Exactly.
Tenchi: X_X How has Bonnie become the person you have to rely on now? That is simply crazy!
Bird: It’s like you have an enemy but one day down the line you realize that there is a bigger enemy out there and you have to pick your battles.
Tenchi: So…….what you are telling me is your life is Dragon Ball Z?
Bird: ?_?
Tenchi: That Bonnie is Vegeta. Of course the question now is whether Cindy is Frieza or Cell. God I hope she isn’t Cell.
Bird: Oh my God my life is over!
Tenchi: It might be over but it will take YEARS for it to end. Do you remember how long it took them to get to Namek? The stupid planet was blowing up for like 20 episodes!
Bird: I need a new job!
Tenchi: Well not until this arc is over. Ew Bonnie in spandex!
Bird: MY EYES!!!!
Tenchi: So Mary is an android. A little less spandex there. What does that make Debbie? Well besides stupid.
Bird: Doctor Gero. She’s created a monster!
Tenchi: IT’S OVER 9000!!!
Bird:….We are such dorks.
Tenchi: Personally I would be crying if I were you.
Bird: I laugh through the tears. But where is Trunks?
Tenchi: He lives in a future where Wal-Mart has taken over the planet. One day he will come back to our time to find out what went terribly, terribly long. It will all start with your store.
Bird: How long do I have to wait?!
Tenchi: Dude I just told you Bonnie is Vegeta. I guess this means that Cindy is Frieza if there is no Trunks yet.
Bird: I’m not Goku.
Tenchi: No one wants to be Goku. Do you work tomorrow?
Bird: No but I will probably get written up again just the same.
Tenchi: Now is the time to train. Preferably in zero gravity.
Bird: I think I’ll do laundry.
Tenchi: There’s a lame scary movie on scifi.
Bird: Are there tank tops?

In case you were wondering that is how all our conversations end…by not ending. XD We are slightly random.

So while I might not see or “talk” to my friends as much as use to or would like to…we still manage to have a great time together. Or we are dorks in any given circumstances and through any media. But that’s all the time we have for today. We are off to find some Dragon Balls. I don’t think everyone is making it out of this one!



No comments: