Tuesday, November 3, 2009

To Aru Kagaku no Railgun Episode 5: The series about flashbacks!

XD Okay this post was late. And since I wasn’t at work I really don’t have an excuse. I just get caught up doing other things. And my house needed cleaning ya’ll! And my car needed a tag (55 dollars that could have gone to some lovely anime/Hello Kitty merchandise gone forever). So yeah…I was busy being an adult? And playing Hello Kitty Online.

But here is my post. And err…it is a bit on the special side. This episode….well…

Photobucket

You...hate me?

Did you see the new banners? Yeah! Focus on those awesome banners and how awesome my friend is for making them for me. Oh and read this post to find out that I hate Kuroko. A lot.





This entire episode was about Kuroko and Uiharu and their dramatic past…a year ago.

Needless to say this will be a short post.

Here is my wonderful summary of this episode: Kuroko and Uiharu are investigating some car break-ins. They spot a suspect and Kuroko flies in to save the day despite Uiharu saying to wait for back up. Kuroko’s actions cause Uiharu to be injured. But instead of taking responsibility Kuroko declares Uiharu worthless. Which she is but that is not the point. Both girls are angry at each other and Uiharu threatens to dissolve their partnership. Both Misaka and Saten try to mend their relationships and this leads to another girl at the AntiSkill place telling the story about how Kuroko and Uiharu met.

Photobucket

WTF IS THIS?!

A year (or two?) ago Uiharu was training to be in the Judgment thingy and was sucking hard core. Kuroko was on a training mission (with the girl telling the story) when they stop in a bank. Uiharu shows up and so does a HOOIGAN! The older Judgment member wants to call for back up but Kuroko decides she is big and bad as a 12 year old and tries to take him down. Turns out he 1) had a partner and 2) had a power. This leads to Uiharu getting kidnapped and her older teammate being injured. There are tears and a bunch of “Why am I such a dummy?!”. Kuroko manages to get Uiharu out of the building. The mean old bad guy taunts Kuroko with his power (which is very slow). Misaka walks by and hears what is going on. She manages to protect Kuroko and that gives her the chance to take down the bad guy. Misaka walks away while Kuroko thinks she is the hero. Uiharu cries and both girls promise to do what they want to do/do what feels right. This means joining Judgment and becoming better people. After this story is told Kuroko goes X_X when she remembers her promise with Uiharu. Uiharu has hunted down the cat thieves and Kuroko comes to join her…..and all is well. THE END!

-______- Yeah.

Photobucket

At least this flashback isn't from....one month ago.

Is this season/series going to be a series of giant flashbacks? I can get behind one or two meaningful flashbacks but not so close together. And not when the time the flashback is describing is like two minutes ago. What is next, the first time Saten and Uiharu met? That is the last pairing we have right? Maybe it will be over soon!

Photobucket

Newsflash! If you are in elementary school you ARE a kid.

I did find it amusing the artists took such drastic measures to make sure we knew
the girls were younger. A whole YEAR younger ya’ll. Could their faces have been any bigger? Or could they have been any shorter? Clearly these artists think that one year makes a HUGE difference in the growth of a 12 year old. It might but not in the ways they portrayed.

I would like to express my gratitude that I do not live in Academy City. Because heaven forbid a bank robber come and the people in charge of the bank LOCK ME IN THERE WITH A BAD GUY! That sounds like a massive plan of fail. I guess they thought that tiny robot was going to protect them? Yeah in a city where a lot of the students have powers. So much fail.

PhotobucketPicture

Thanks for asking if I was okay!

This episode was supposed to show how Kuroko has progressed as a person and that she and Uiharu have grown in their relationship. They haven’t. Uiharu is still useless, Kuroko is still impulsive, and neither one should be a part of Judgment. Way to go showing us that things are totally different.

Photobucket

Clearly Kuroko does not learn from her mistakes....

Out of everything that I think should have changed should have been Kuroko. I can see her being a newbie trying to prove her worth and going in without a game plan. But after a year of being in Judgment she should know better. Especially after she seriously got her team member hurt. But no, she is still acting a fool and hasn’t learned anything. She gets Uiharu hurt and doesn’t acknowledge that she is the problem. That makes her a dangerous person to be teamed up with and presents more of a liability than a helping hand.

Photobucket

NO! Run away from her not with her!

If I were Saten, Uiharu, and Misaka I would not be friends with this fool. She is impulsive, perverted, and has gotten a number people hurt when on assignment. Yes she is young and young people make mistakes. But if she is going to be in a position of power she needs to realize she needs to be a responsible adult and not a hot shot hero.

Photobucket

We all know who the real hero is....

That’s basically it I guess. I hate Kuroko so this gives me more ammo to hate her. There wasn’t enough Misaka or Saten and I think Uiharu is a nice friend but a useless ally. This episode….was fail. No more flashbacks!



1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.