Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The difference between men and women.

Being married is a real eye opener. Everyday I learn new things about my husband/male species. Last night I learned that men have a different concept of time than women.

My husband had a very extra long holiday weekend. He had a half day on Wed. (home by 1 pm) and did not have to be back at work until today (Tuesday). That is 5 consecutive days off of work in a row. Now when did my husband decide to wash his uniforms for work? Anyone who is married probably can guess this right away.

Monday night.

Not even after dinner Monday night either. As in he was going to bed but put the uniforms in the washing machine RIGHT before he went to sleep. Meaning I would have to dry then hang his uniforms. MEANING I would have to stay up later to make sure this would get done. I was going to anyway, but he didn't know that. Because the 5.5 days he had off was apparently not enough time to wash said uniforms. It was the 30 seconds before he went to bed that was the perfect time for this chore.

His philosophy was the second he got home from work...he was on vacation. Cleaning his uniform apparently would have qualified as work. In his mind, he had to put off anything work related until the last possible second. That or he really did forget (which he swears he didn't).

I on the other hand would have taken my uniform off and thrown all work related wear into the washing machine THE SECOND I got home. It is much easier to enjoy a vacation without chores looming over your head. I like to have the entire house clean, laundry done, and all crappy tasks DONE before we go on vacation so when we return...we don't have to scramble at the last second. He will go...eh it can wait.

So what is the difference between men and women? Women like getting things done sooner rather than later...and men know that too so if they wait long enough, the woman will do it for them.

No comments: