Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Today was not a wonderful day in the neighborhood.

Some days you wake up and you know they are going to be trying. They are the days where you wish you could just stay in bed and start them over. They are the kind of days you keep stumbling around and falling through more and more crap and it seems like an episode of the twilight zone or punked.

I wake up to the odd sound of everything shutting off in my house. It is an odd noise, you should experience it sometime. Even my two cats were frightened at the sound of noise ending. Since there is construction going on in my neighborhood, I thought perhaps that something accidentally got hit, as it did two weeks ago. This time, the power did not return 5 minutes later. The fire alarm decided to BEEP every minute or so…for the next two hours until the battery died. This all might not have been so bad had I gotten a proper night sleep and was feeling well. However, with 4 hours of sleep and my monster headache/concussion leftover I am still suffering from, it was hell for those two hours.

I called my husband when the power first went out to make sure he had paid the bill. He assured me he had.4 hours later and I was not quite sure he was telling the truth. I walked outside to check if everyone’s meter was down when I saw the red notice of doom..ON THE GROUND IN FRONT OF MY GARAGE!!! I stomped back into my house to call my husband to call him a liar. He said he would take care of it.
So while I was outside looking at the meters, my cat took it upon himself to throw up 6 times ALL OVER THE HOUSE! Heaven forbid he actually keeps it in one spot, no, let’s destroy the entire carpet. Between that and my mother telling me the obvious truth about a subject that I didn’t need to hear at the moment, I was ready to down 15 aspirin and let nature take its course.

Husband arrives home and assures me that he has called the electric company, he has PROOF he paid, and they will be out to fix their mess. Yeah, they came at 6pm. The power went out at 10:30 am. That is 7.5 hours WITHOUT POWER!!!! We paid our bill on time and let them know what was going on and it takes them that long to come out there and fix their mess!? They claimed they had other jobs to work on. Well screw them. Unless all those other jobs were people you also falsely turned off power, THEY CAN WAIT! You come fix the problem you created against people who did nothing wrong!!! But it must be great to run a monopoly; you can do whatever you want.

So, the power gets turned on, all is well right? WRONG! We tried to get the computers up and the router decided to die. It worked fine last night, but apparently this is a magical router that breaks when the power is turned off for 7.5 hours. My husband spent about 75 minutes trying to get the router to work, but no go. The main computer is only working (yeah, I know tears for us that a second computer does not work, but if we pay for it to be up and running, I expect it to be!).

So the score at the end of the day is this:

2 hours of BEEPING
6 piles of c at puke
7.5 hours of no power
75 wasted minutes on a computer
6 dead aspirin
1 upset housewife with a massive headache.

Yes, today sucked.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh poor Tenchi, I r feeling for you. You are the most abused nice person I know. Get your cat a barf bag and tie it around her head next time she dicides to get sick, as she can never be sick just ONCE. Tell the power company to kiss your butt, do not replace the batteries in your smoke....nm, you replace those batteries pronto. Hope your router is working now, or replaced with one that can handle no power for more than 24 hours. and lay off the asprin, and I hope your concussion is gone. Luvs ya woman!! And feels your pain.