Friday, February 6, 2009

When it rains it pours and me without an umbrella....

I thought my post yesterday was full of rage and animoisty. Little did I know what was in store for me today!!!

But before I complain my little heart out...it was a little bit warmer today. For that I am thankful for! Gotta get that out there so people don't think I am a downer about everything in life. XD




What the hell is wrong with people and free food? You would think that since we are giving people amazing deals AKA free...they would not rip off the people providing the service. The service being me driving all the way to your business, parking ALL THE WAY IN THE BACK, walking all the way to the front, WALKING ALL THE WAY TO THE BACK TO DROP OFF THE PIZZAS, and having to navigate a crowd of nasty screaming kids. Yes your pizzas were free. Some people like to tip the delivery driver a percentage of the cost and I am aware that 15% percent of zero is zero....but REALLY people.

Let me break it down for you how much money these people actually saved. For a normal delivery (no deals) the total would have been 74 dollars (before tax). But more than likely we would have given them a deal, making the total 54 dollars. Right away you can see they would have saved 20 dollars. SOOO in theory...they saved 54 dollars.

AND THEY STILL DID NOT TIP ME!!! I even tried to be KIND about the situation, asking if there was any PAPER WORK they needed to give me. Surly in that huge office someone would have gone DUH we still have to tip the delivery driver. Because you know...I spent my gas driving to your location instead of going to another delivery which would have tipped me. But no....it is more fun to play ignorant and basically steal from me. I hope one of those kids peed on the couch.

So 4 minutes after this lovely interaction I get to experience another dream situation. I went to the store to fetch a few items we needed. I went to the ONLY lane with a cashier and she had just walked up. So I am standing their smile...and she turns her back on me!!! She grabs a pack of gum (all with her back turned), rang it up,...and walked away. Not ONE word was said. I understand being busy and all that jazz but I ALWAYS make eye contact with the customer and tell them I will be with them in just one second (or mouth it if I was on the phone). Never do I just WALK away.

And really...while I did appreciate another worker coming up to me and asking what was wrong (totally out of the blue too as I simply walked away and went to the self check out place)...I was still pissed. Probably more than I should have been...but I had just been jipped on a tip and a fellow service worker treated me poorly. But I think I was doing well on not murdering people.

And well...this really isn't my mother's fault but she was very late to work today. That means 2 people were running the shop and of course people manage to use their ESP to find this out. Because you are ONLY busy when you are short staffed. ONLY! It is a rule or something. Dude to me running around all crazy trying to get everything done..I burnt my finger tips twice. Totally my fault...still pissed off though.

But I am more ticked off at WHY my mother was late. I am not going to say much...but needless to say...no one should ever tell someone who goes to you for medical advice that they are wasting their time. Just because you losers can't figure out what is wrong with my mom doesn't mean she is wasting YOUR time. If anything you are wasting her time! She has to keep taking time off work, drive all the way to each of these stupid clinics, wait to be seen for all of 15 minutes, and drive all the way back. Yes I can see how your time is greatly wasted because you are doing your job that the MILITARY pays you to do! And surprise surprise when my mother went to post a complaint everyone knew who she was talking about before she even SAID your name. Guess you make everyone just as happy as my mother. Some jobs require great people skills...and the medical field is one of them asshat.

To wrap up the day was my lovely LAZY coworker. He seems to think his work space is about 2 feet by 2. Meaning if it does not happen in that given amount of space it does not concern him. I mean why should it when he can just BARK ORDERS AT ME and make me do it. Newsflash loser. I am busy doing about 15 tasks. You have one to do. So forgive me oh great one when I can't run to your side and do something you could do. No, you choose to text on your phone and focus only on YOUR job. Yes that is YOUR job but as you can see I am doing many things out of my job description. It is called working as a team. But by all means, keep on screaming at me and text your friends about getting wasted again tonight. It's not like we are at work or anything.

However bad this day was...it ended on a HUGELY bright note. I wasn't even supposed to delivery pizzas after a certain hour and I ended up taking the last one. Never before have I gotten such a generous tip before. They ordered many pizzas from us and yes we did give them a discount..but I was not expecting something so...well..Wow. Thank you so much for making my day a little brighter!

Today had a lot of BLEH! But no one complained about the food, counter tips were really decent meaning I was doing an awesome job servicing people (that sounds wrong) and nothing caught on fire. So things could have been worse. People just need to be more considerate of others, tip their delivery drivers, and actually WORK at work. That is all and goodnight.



No comments: