Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happiness comes is brightly colored packages and in silly inside jokes.

Today is my husband's birthday. He may or may not be old. Since we are high school sweethearts, I will go with not old. XD But regardless, today "the world was blessed on this day 2X years ago" and I am quite glad for this fact.

This entry sadly will not include details about waitresses singing a lame happy birthday song to my husband...even though I tried. XD But please read it anyway knowing there is no cheesy song waiting for you at the end.




It was a simple day really. There were plans to go out to dinner with relatives and what not, but of course this is still part of my life: nothing goes as planned. Someone got sick, someone was too tired from work, and one person we didn't want to include anyway. After all was said and done, it was just me and my husband today.

And really I liked it this way. Not that we aren't ourselves when we are out with other people, but it is nice to know people aren't going to say "TENCHI" anytime I act like Tenchi or when he acts like RV. I love you mom...but stop saying my name as to scold me...but laughing while doing so.

No, my husband and I just get each other. And I would hope so after so long. We can see the same person and think the same comical comment. Perhaps we are just mean people and all mean people think alike but I think it is more than that. And we seem to get each other more when it's just the two of us. Or we appreciate it more when there aren't other people to around to entertain us.

In terms of gift giving and parties and what not...my husband is a pretty laid back guy whereas I enjoy the attention and pretty wrapping paper. So shopping for my husband can be hard and others find it impossible to do so for him. But I am the kind of person who tries to make a big deal about everyone's birthday just in case no one else does.

I actually have never spent so much money on a gift in my life. I justify such a large amount by making it his combined Valentine's Day, Birthday, and Anniversary gift. And I think he was happy with that as he is not use to such spending on him. Of course we all know it is the thought that counts and not the actual price tag. I just feel happy that after years of him spoiling me I could spoil him a bit.

So after he opened his lovely new game system (which I know next to nothing about and I am glad to have a brother who works at a game store) off we went to pick out a new game for his new little system. Because picking out the system was hard enough; I wasn't about to pick a game too. Afterwords we went to a family style resturante to take advantage of a new deal.

Pretty run of the mill stuff, but for some reason tonight I am really happy. Nothing amazingly magnificent happened today and I am sure quite a few people might even call this day boring. Perhaps we have reached the point in our lives where not every date/day has to be amazing and perfect and exciting. Just simply being around one another is enough to make us content and joyful.

Or maybe Little Big Planet is really THAT awesome of a game that makes everyone MOG happy that plays it XD


No comments: