Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The real reason why men have a shorter life span

Like any responsible, mature woman, I keep track of my cycle to make sure no little surprises come my way.

Well, once upon a time I did when I wrote a physical journal and had numerous hand held calendars. Now I sorta go oh, it hasn’t been a month yet and rest assure my method of birth control will keep me baby free. That and I think God is looking out for me and is content with just letting me have kittens for babies.

With that said I woke up this morning and freaked. I had one of those irrational OH **** moments and let my mind go crazy. Forgetting that the chances of me being pregnant were less than 5 percent, I decided to take a pregnancy test I had left over from Panicgate 2006. I took the test, waited the agonizing 3 minutes, and did the YES no kids for me dance. After seeing the results, my mind calmed down and I realized how stupid the situation really was. So when my husband came home from work, I decided to poke a little fun at myself. It ended up with my husband almost losing his balls.

Me: Congratulations! You’re not a father!!!
Husband: Yeah, I already knew that.
Me: (confused) How did you know when I didn’t?
Husband: You know, yesterdayyyyyyyy. *smile*

Then I saw red. My husband was referring to a disagreement we got into yesterday. Actually, it was more of him being a jerk and calling me too sensitive on an issue. He hurt my feelings (over a petty issue I know, but it still hurt my feelings) and I voiced how rude I thought he was being.

Me: *glare* I am not on my period, nor am I PSMing.
Husband: *joking eyeroll* Surrrrre. I can tell when you are.
Me: Apparently you can’t. The only reason I know I am not pregnant is because I took a pregnancy test. I wouldn’t have if I had PMS symptoms.

Dead silence. Husband looks like a deer in headlights. Even the cats know something is wrong. Men across the country quivered in fear knowing that SHOCK just because a woman gets upset at something, IT IS NOT A SIGN SHE IS ON HER PERIOD!

Me: (Glare)
Husband: Tacos for dinner?

So despite my husband being very, very WRONG about knowing my body better than I do, at least he was correct about one thing. Tacos do buy my forgiveness….at least for now.

And ironically, had I been PMSing, a comment like that would have sent him flying through the door. He should consider himself lucky.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

lmao, Tenchi, men can be asses most of the time, you should have told him you WERE pregnant, just to scare the hell out of him. I feel your pain girl, Men always think they know more about us, than we do. *sigh* they are our curse!

chiisai_kitty said...

yeah, i have a guy friend who thinks that he is the foremost authority on women and our parts. Needless to say, we ended up on giving this huge lecture on how virginity and tampons are not correlated as well as how a tampon works...he also thought he knew about sports bras...

...silly men.