Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Shugo Chara Doki Episode 54: Copying Sailor Moon-You're doing it wrong!

Photobucket

What is this…Doki with ACTUAL PLOT?! Let’s get on with this summary!!!!
Shugo Chara Doki Episode 54 AWESOME REVIEW



Photobucket

There is a useless starter scene that only exists to remind the viewers that Amu’s Humpty Lock has awesome powers. During homeroom, the friend of the week is introduced. Her name is Manami and her theme will be flowers. Her mom owns a shop and a few of the girls go over after school to help out (while also talking about the MYSTERIOUS NEW EXCHANGE STUDENT!!). Manami wants to take after her mom, but confesses she has other dreams and aspirations. Amu leaves with flowers and Miki thinking something is up. In Japan, when someone gives you a gift, you have to give them a gift and it is a nonstop gift giving cycle. Or…it is just the writer’s way of giving Amu an excuse to return to the flower shop the next day. While there Miki and the other Charas sense a Shugo Chara and Amu runs off. She runs into Lulu is beyond polite and lovely and while she would LOVE to introduce her Chara to them, she is late for her charity work and runs off./end sarcasm. So Lulu goes to EASTER later (passing Ikuto in an overdramatic way) and tells the boss that she is going to take Amu down because she rocks and has a magical pendant. Lulu then pays a visit to Manami and Shabon Spray Freezes her into crazy girl with dull eyes. Manami then runs around the park flowerify everything in sight. The Charas alert the kids what is going on and they run to the park and Ikuto. There Manami gets upset that Amu does not like her new job as flower freak and transforms in a Sky Dancer. The gang gets semi captured, but since the Humpty Lock is awesome, Amu gets free and transforms with FABulous pompoms. She takes care of Manami much to Lulu’s dismay. Manami does not remember the encounter and runs off. Lulu sulks off in the corner and Amu is now worried about the new enemies.

Photobucket
You'll poke an eye out!

Fly for me, just for me sky dancers dance for me! Come to me dance for me sky dancers fly for me. Sky dancers fly just for me! I would just like to start off by thanking Shugo Chara Doki for bringing back memories of my past. Those were good times for me, as my brothers and I used those toys as weapons. Let me tell anyone from generation…err whatever generation this is called now, those little stupid toys could hurt if you flung them just right. I would like to end this section by blaming Shugo Chara Doki for the mental damage done to my brain. While trying to find the lyrics to the Sky Dancer commercial, I found out there was an actual cartoon based on this product. Being the masochist I am, I clicked on the youtube to see their opening theme song….and the images may never leave my mind. So Shugo Chara Doki, check your mail regularly as you will soon be receiving my therapy bills.

Photobucket
Referencing a product that is on top 10 most dangerous toys of all times is FUN!

As other bloggers have stated, Doki is starting to trail into the Sailor Moon domain. But since Sailor Moon is one of my FAVORITE anime shows of all times, I can only see Doki as a cheap rip off that needs a good laughing at and possibly a kick in the shins. So what was Sailor Moon like about this episode?

Photobucket
Quick! Stand there and do nothing! Also, no need to throw a rose, as there are enough flowers!

The useless guy(s) who watches the girl do all the work. Serious Ikuto, you couldn’t have attempted to save Amu when she was nearly mushed? Granted you are too young to have your daughter from the future to fall in love with you and cause you to IGNORE the mother of said child…you are well on your way to being an annoying jerk.

I implore you to look at these photos and recognize the similarities. If you don’t see any…well I can’t cure blindness.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
Photobucket
Of course the nonboob version.

I believe the friend of the week aspect has already been discussed. However, I felt that Sailor Moon did it 48348957 times better. Serena/Usagi was always off doing something that caused her to meet new people. Amu just runs into people and gets caught up in their special thing. Doki is lazy (that and I am slightly biased).

If Lulu’s crazy pendant attack wasn’t Shabon Spray Freezing (but in RED), I don’t know what else is! 0_0

Photobucket
When something is old enough, you are allowed to copy it and pretend it is your own! NOT!
Your audience isn't THAT young Shugo Chara!

So with any new season, a new “power ups” is around the corner! Now…even though I am a true moonie at heart, even I had to laugh at their “small’ changes to some of their outfits. “WOW!! They changed their sleeves: that means that they are much more powerful now!” Doki has now passed Sailor Moon on lame power ups. Her outfits and accessories…HAVE SPARKLES!! I am deeply impressed and in awe of such lameness.

Photobucket
MMM lameness.

Other than Doki disrespecting its predecessors and failing to take something/make it your own, what else can I say about this episode? THERE WAS NO DIA!! I didn’t even see her egg! Are you people trying to kill me?! I mean, Nana is a cute like Chara, but I am not a fan of Chara’s picking on their owners…as the Chara is APART of their owners. Kind of weird making fun of yourself. Oh and there was NO DIA!

Photobucket
Is she pregnant? 0_o

Photobucket
Super duper cute: Can you alone save the show?!

Why is Ikuto ALWAYS at Easter? Is he checking in to inform them that once again he hasn’t done anything and basically is in love with Amu, their SWORN enemy? It just seems like a cheap tactic to keep the viewers up to date on the Easter happenings. Ikuto has to walk by Easter so we can get a glimpse of what is going on! Also, I truly enjoyed making the real boss of Easter has a Dark Vader voice. Please pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

Photobucket
The dramatic walk past!

Photobucket
A magical jewel that needs no explanation!

I actually LIKED the friend of the week. Most 11 years olds have no idea what they want to be when they grow up OR they want to be 9 different things. I was getting sick and tired of meeting perfect 11 years olds who excel at great hobbies (as I was apparently trying to decapitate my brothers with Sky Dancers at that age). I was happy to get a normal kid who just helps around her mother’s shop and thinks that would be fun to do when she grew up…OR be other things. Thank you Doki for not COMPETELY forgetting not all 11 year olds have their entire life mapped out.
Photobucket
What do you mean you have plenty of hopes and dreams?!

So….do the “rules” of season one not apply for season two? In season one, the Embryo showed up when a large number of X eggs show up. There wasn’t even an x egg until the last 5 seconds of the open heart attack and Embryo ALREADY showed up?! So….is that rule out the window or something? Or does the Embryo respond to how much energy Amu is producing when squishing the X eggs?

Photobucket
Scariest attack ever!

I find Amu’s dorky inner moments pretty amusing and might be the only part of the show that is remotely interesting. The little SD moments make cute screenies and remind me that these are just little kids playing big important super heroes. Okay, the super hero comment was a stretch.

Photobucket
ALLLright.

So while I am pleased that Doki has finally picked up (now to get those subbers back on track), it seemed watered down to me. Yes, I am fully aware that this show is NOT for my age group, but now it is not even…10+? I want the show to pretend the audience has a brain. I am watching anime, not cartoons. I want this company to put thought and effort into their product, not to ride a successful show into the ground. But since I am complaining that Amu and company should not act so mature, I am full of crap anyway! Just no scary Sky Dancers next time okay?

Photobucket
This is me DREAMING!

No comments: