Saturday, September 20, 2008

La Corda d'oro

Photobucket
While I am impatiently waiting for Shugo Chara to get the latest episodes subbed, I decided to watch a new anime. And by new I mean something that came out last year and everyone was talking about. I enjoy being the last one to blog about things, makes me feel special. After searching for a proper place to view my anime (as my usual source had this anime dubbed with a different color for every character x_X), I sat down and watched the first 3 episodes of Kin'iro no Corda or it’s better known title (or at least what I knew it by) La Corda d'oro.
Read more here.


Photobucket
Sexy little trumpet.
Kahoko is running late to school, because that is how all animes have to start off with, a running to school scene. She attends Seisou Academy, a school that is divided by normal students and musically gifted ones. While she runs past a statue, she hears a voice and it turns out to be a fairy named Lili. He was once rescued by the man who founded the school and in return, Lili stays at the school to fulfill the promise of blessing it with music. Kahoko against her will is given a violin and entered in the schools concours (sort of like a competition). Then Kahoko is introduced to all the hot people who play instruments at the school and has to learn how to play the magical violin with the will of her heart.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
This actually explains the whole first episode!

This anime is full of eye candy, although I am not really attracted to the weird colors they decided on for these characters’s hair. The colors did not bother me during Fushigi Yuugi, but it does in this for some reason. All the males take on the typical roles in shojo anime. Len Tsukimori (some people say it is Ren) is the blue haired butthead who acts like there is a stick up his butt and playing music is NOT fun. This author guesses that he will fall in love with Kahoko and she will teach him the real meaning of music. Ryotaro Tsuchiura is a green haired boy who can play the piano, but up to episode 3, he wants to keep it a secret for some reason. I am sure the reason will be all dramatic and he will play again to make Kahoko happy. Kazuki Hihara also has green hair, but he is the genki character, full of sunshine and happiness. Azuma Yunoki has long purple hair (something that I find really ridiculous, but it is anime after all) and is the male in school with a fangirl club. He seems nice and sweet so far, so that must mean that his father use to abuse him as a child or something. Keiichi Shimizu is the blond hair 1st year student who has a severe sleeping problem. Kahoko will most likely consider him to be like her younger brother. I am sure all of these men will fall in love with Kahoko, but the two that stand a chance will be Len and Ryotaro. Len seems like a jerk, so I will go with Ryotaro for now. There are also a few male teachers that are there to provide guidance and be eye candy as well.
Photobucket
YES! I am eye candy!

Photobucket
I am Eye candy too!

Photobucket
Don't forget about me!

Photobucket
Eye candy sleeping on the job...

There are some girls in this show too. Shouko Fuyuumi is the only girl besides Kahoko in this contest and she seems very unsure of herself. Kahoko has some buddies that hang around her sometimes. There is a journalist girl who seems to be all over the place, but I find her boring. And of course, since this is a school that divides people up by abilities, there are the mean girls. Hopefully some of these girls get the left over eye candy.

Photobucket
We are mean and evil for no reason!

The whole concept behind this show is a little annoying. This concours is supposed to be a competition of sorts for students who can play an instrument. Kahoko cannot without the aid of some magical fairy. I think that is cheating in a way, as it is not her true talent shining though, but the desire in her heart. I can desire to be an artist too, but that does not mean it is going to happen. Lili says that he has promised to fill the school with music so he has to pick Kahoko to play the violin. Well, that school is full of lots of musicians, why does he need to make a false one? It really does not make any sense to pick her as she was not TRYING to be a musician and failing. I hope she does not win the overall concert too and there is more meaning behind why he chose her in the first place.

Photobucket
I gave her the gift...of cheating I MEAN MUSIC!

The art was a bit messy at times and I mentioned the colors were a bit out there for me. I did enjoy the different colored ties the different grades wore. I like animes that try to incorporate the Japanese culture in them, but I saw students wearing boots, that was a bit of a down point for me (that is kind of picky of me…). However, I have not watched an anime that focuses on music so much, so perhaps I will grow to appreciate the art form more and learn something.

Photobucket
Playing music duplicates you!

After three episodes, I was a little bored at the typical roles people were fulfilling and how the main girl is once again surrounded by hot men who will fall in love with her. This show seems very slow paced and angst at times. I will try to watch all 24 episodes. It really isn’t that bad, perhaps I have just watched too much shojo anime and I start getting bored with the same plots (of course it is my favorite genre, I am insane for hating what I love!!). Also, I am watching this anime without ever picking up the manga and 9 out of 10 times, the manga is better (I think the manga is still ongoing for this series). I am a little tired today, so perhaps my rambles are a little grumpy. :P I will post about how I feel about the end of the series. I hope the rest of the series picks up and draws me into the music magic. :)

Photobucket

Thanks for reading. :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.