Friday, November 11, 2011

Nendoroid Madoka bring us hope!

My first glance of this happy little nendoroid was back in May. I was in Japan going @_____@ at all the anime things in Animate. On the walls were advertisements for upcoming products. Most were for figurine/big ticket items. Madoka was one of those items.

After I got done caressing the poster like a moron I realized it was a pre-order thing and I would not being seeing the Madoka nendoroid for quite a while. And seeing how I spent all my mesos in Japan and 2 weddings I was unable to pre-order her when I got back home. And AWA decided that Madoka was worth 60 dollars or more.

Photobucket

GIMMIE! Get out of the way tape.

So I decided to gain so patience. XD 6 months after seeing this little cutie she is finally mine! I did check the mailbox like a crazy person though. Soon all the Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica nendoroids will be mine but for now let's look at the "main" character shall we? XD

Just read through the post and realized there was some potential spoiler information about the show. So if you have not watched the series...GO WATCH IT NOW! XD


Photobucket

So much pink! Generally I am not a fan of pink but I find it is easier to endure around cuties like Hello Kitty and happy little nendoroids.


Photobucket

So many cute poses! Where do I begin?


Photobucket

I see a little evil alien hanging off Madoka. Quick gotta order Homura so she can shoot him into Swiss cheese!


Photobucket

Okay no more pictures of the box. Time for the real thing.


Photobucket

Not pictured are two additional pigtails for Madoka. Like her goddess hair. I think anyway. It is weird because there are no pictures of the additional hair on the box. Yay for surprises.


Photobucket

Right off the bat I had a bit of an anger issue. The plug on the back of Madoka was horrible to put on connected to the whole base. So the actual piece that connects to Madoka I had to struggle to put on separately. And there is will stay for the rest of Madoka's life. She is a robot!


Photobucket

But here we are! Madoka, the bright goddess of hope. She is here to smash away despair and bring the promise of a better tomorrow. Madoka for President!


Photobucket

Madoka is my puppet to command.


Photobucket

Better view of her hair. This is her standard hair and not the hidden set that was hiding in the box.


Photobucket

X__X Did I forgot to give Madoka an introduction? Oopies. So Madoka is from the hit show Mahou Shoujo Madoka Magica. It is about a few magical girls who are granted one wish in exchange for serving the world, IE killing witches. Only things are not quite what they seem and the fluffy happy world of magical girls turns into a scary world full of lies and misinformation. Oh and death. SPOILERS FROM ME!


Photobucket

Speaking of the devil....introducing Kyubey. Isn't he cute? Yes that is what he is supposed to be. A cute little mascot that helps the girls through their magical adventures. Haha not. This is the face of evil.


Photobucket

And now there is pure evil hanging off her arm. Run Madoka! I don't have Homura yet to protect you. Some people might argue he is not evil, just an emotionless alien thingy. I think he is both.


Photobucket

Close-up of the evil face. Madoka comes with a special arm that makes hanging Kyubey possible.


Photobucket

Madoka comes with the crazy eyes. My mother came over and was like why is this girl a zombie? She was not a fan of the crazy eyes. Silly momma.


Photobucket

So naturally I made a zombie pose. Because I can folks.


Photobucket

Now while I love the show and Madoka in generally this nendoroid has a major flaw. Me thinks that the company was pushing too fast to get her released to the market. But her hands are rubbish. The paint job is fine. The peg part that connects to the arm is too shallow. Way to shallow. Any time I looked at her wrong both hands would end up on the ground. I have never had a piece fall off so easily before. Meaning Madoka is stuck inside all her life as I am not going to risk losing her gloved hands.


Photobucket

So not very happy that there will be no trips outside with Madoka. But pulling me out of the rarw moment was playing with the longer braids. Kyubey is the extra piece for this series so she doesn't come with her goddess outfit. Just the hairs.


Photobucket

I am here to rescue you all!


Photobucket

Madoka? Transformed?! With a weapon?! Surely it must be episode 10. One must be very careful of the weapon as I stated the hands were BLEH. I do think the weapon is well crafted though.


Photobucket

Well maybe the bow could have used a few more details. Maybe the staff didn't get enough material to base the weapon on since Madoka used it for about 15 seconds in the entire show. But I like how each hand holds a part. Make it much sturdier. Or it would if the hands stayed in the arms.


Photobucket

Whoa point that thing back at Kyubey.


Photobucket

Overall I think any Madoka fan should own this nendoroid. She is too adorable for words. The hands are a bit unfortunate but the pieces were easy to work with. I didn't need the husband to pull anything apart. One of my favorite parts of the whole nendoroid was the fun full skirt. And even though Kyubey is evil he makes for a good accessory.


Photobucket

Madoka leaves us with a smile. Because tomorrow will come thanks to her and she has no reason to be afraid anymore. Now if she could only make Mami and Homura's preorders open up again....


No comments: