Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Uragiri wa Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru Episode 6:


Photobucket

Gotta love those random English phrases.

I am sorry fellow Uragiri was Boku no Namae wo Shitte Iru fans. I felt like absolute crap yesterday and didn’t get around to blogging this sparkly episode. Yay for being a girl! Yay for TMI.

But here it is. Prepare to be amazed.

This post is brought to you by Midol. Midol. The magical medicine that protects my husband from harm.



Photobucket

Luka and Hotsuma are great friends.

This episode was pretty cut and dry but here is a summary anyway. Because I care: Hotsuma stomps back inside to find his BFF Shuusei. Yuki has taken random kid to the doctor because no one has picked up on the fact she is creepy. Luka has to run off after some Duras and leaves Yuki behind with creepy kid. Well creepy kid decides to run out of the building so Yuki has to go after her because he can. Hotsuma is all like EFF this crap but Takashiro sorta gives him a look. So then Hotsuma leaves his BFF Shuusei to find Yuki. Yuki has located creepy kid who has been taken by knife point by some random dude. Yuki rescues the girl and the dude turns into a Duras. BFF Shuusei goes X/1999 on us and places the area in a shield so Hotsuma can show off his magical abilities.

Photobucket

Um...overkill? But you don't care right because you're a dragon?

Luka shows up and tells Hotsuma he is a dumb ass for not realizing the enemy is being controlled by someone else and this fighting is useless. But then Luka summons a dragon to show off. Hotsuma is like WHATEVER but realizes that creepy girl is actually the one who was controlling the mud Duras. She is strangling Yuki and it is ON now people. Except that the kid is like 8 so Yuki gently can pry her hands off. Yuki sees into creepy’s mind and sees that her parents treated her like crap. Yuki starts to sparkle like he is going to get rid of the Duras inside of her but really Shuusei has shown up and gets the demon out of the kid. Hotsuma blows her up and all is well. Except that Shuusei and Hotsuma are not on team Yuki yet. The end.

Photobucket

Behold I am awesome.

I came for the yaoi and I am sticking around for the hot guys. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

Photobucket

It's morphin time!!!!

This episode really reminded me of X/1999. I have said it before but now with the whole shield thing it’s like Kamui has come back into my life. Except he use to be a girl and he is slightly useless instead of emo now. But with the powers, talk of God, and the protect the city with a magical shield thing I am on a trip down memory lane. Not that it is a bad thing but I will probably be comparing the two from now on and it does take away from the original storyline.

Photobucket

Hotsuma catches on fast.

Yuki is getting a bit on my nerves. They were in the same building as last week. He was told to stay in place last week and he almost got noomed. What does he do like 30 minutes later? Runs outside leaving behind the people that can protect him. I am sensing a pattern here people and not a very good one. STOP BEING STUPID YUKI! I don’t like it when girls act all stupid and rush into danger so you get no slack either. You can’t be all boo hooing about people worrying about you when you cause them to worry on purpose. Goober.

Photobucket

Luka has jokes!

And you Luka! The one in the black. You know Yuki is…Yuki. Stop leaving him alone. You know he is going to get in trouble so you might as well take him along towards the controllable danger. Sure it makes sense to leave him somewhere safe but if you KNOW he is just going to run off and not stay safe might as well bring him with you. Also you don’t want anyone else protecting Yuki and possibly falling in love with him.

Photobucket

I'm sensing a bonding experience.

Hotsuma was less of an asshole this week. I really didn’t think he was an asshole last week but this week he was a bit nicer when telling Yuki he sucks at life. Personally I would be a little mad at someone who keeps putting themselves and me in harm’s way too. But I don’t think it is fair that Hotsuma hates Yuki for stuff that girl Yuki did. Perhaps when we understand more of the Zweilt Guardians and their past connections to Yuki it will make a little more sense. But for now I want people to like Yuki for Yuki and hate Yuki for Yuki.

Photobucket

Okay so when I said I sensed yaoi vibes I meant it was blatantly obvious....

I don’t know much about Shuusei. He doesn’t seem fond of Shuusei but that might be because he knows Hotsuma’s feelings about Yuki. Or rather Shuusei rather depend on his own abilities and only rely on Hotsuma. In any event yaoi vibes. I has them. But I am happy that Shuusei has more powers than that crystal ball. I was seriously getting worried there.

Photobucket

Clearly the girl is at fault. Clearly.

I don’t know how I feel about the girl being taken over by a Duras. Yes we humans all have not so great stuff lurking in their hearts but I fail to see that in this girl. She was sad that her parents didn’t love her. She wasn’t pissed off in the corner plotting their deaths. So yeah. Not really following that logic train very well.

Photobucket

I got this folks. I got it.

So does Yuki has the power to push Duras out of people or what? He was starting to power up his sparkles but then Shuusei came and saved the day. I wish to know more about why Yuki is important. And I am sorry Tsukumo. I think Shuusei has a way cooler power to get the Duras out of people.

Luka's fingernails bother me. We get it. Vampires and demon like people have long finger nails and pointy teeth. I would not be holding his hand any time soon. Meh.

Please tell me that Yuki knew that Luka was a Duras before today. Tell me that please. Not that it matters with my yaoi pairings but I guess I rather Luka be a vampire than a non human entity who looks like a human.

Photobucket

What are we lying about??!?!

So this week wasn’t really mind blowing and we didn’t get many new details. Just more people for me to dream about yaoi pairings with. Also it furthers my resolve that little kids are evil.

Photobucket

And this is why I hate kids.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. This is by far the funniest summary you've written on this series to date. The day off was good for creativity!

I've read ahead in the manga and the yaoi vibes happily get turned up several notches in later volumes.

However, thus far the anime has downplayed the yaoi goodness. One can only hope more of the moe-fest from the manga makes it in :(

Christina said...

Anonymous- XD I am so glad you found my summary funny. This time I went for what I thought of off the top of my head and I tried not to hold anything back. XD Perhaps that meant teasing the characters a little more but I think it worked well. Thank you for your kind words.

Now I really want to read the manga as....well I am a crazy yaoi fan. But I will restrain until the anime season is over so I do not spoil it for myself. But thanks for the heads up, that I have something to look forward to.