Wednesday, May 26, 2010

K-On!! Season Two Episode 8


Photobucket

What do you mean I have to be a mature adult one day?!

My fingers are burnt, I had to stay an extra hour at work, and I am about 50 episodes behind on LOST. Not really feeling very joyous today. Go Wednesdays indeed.

However K-On!! delivered a really good episode and really improved my mood. Although since it is K-On!! I doubt it could have made my mood worse. Even a bad episode of K-On!! would brighten up my day. XD Yui and her band of misfits have that effect on me.

I am going to blog this episode while watching LOST season 4. Let’s see how long it takes me to get this done. And how much I have forgotten about this crazy show called LOST. Which I am going to assume is a lot.

This episode is brought to you by Hulu. Hulu. The website that will catch me up on LOST. Thanks Hulu.


Photobucket

But what about the turtle?!

Episode Summary: The episode starts off with a flashback to baby Yui and her love of turtles. And eating dirt as she trips. Back in the now Nodoka freaks out because she learns Yui has not turned in her form about her plans for the future. Nodoka calls Yui a future NEET and Yui finally starts worrying. She questions her friends about their choices and for each answer she agrees that is what she wants to do. But Nodoka admonishes at every turn. Yui and Ritsu rejoice in their inability to decide when they are called into the office by Sawako. Nodoka goes to tell embarrassing Yui stories but Mugi makes the group head towards the club room so they can include Azusa and cake. Nodoka talks about the good old days when Yui was eating crayons and being a freak (or was that yesterday…). Everyone really enjoys these stories while Sawako tries to scare some sense into Yui and Ritsu. It doesn’t work.

Photobucket

Being 24 and single=death in Japan.

Ritsu and Yui rejoin the group and there are a few more Yui stories. Yui tries to talk about the future but somehow the subject changes to baby Mio stories. She used to be shyer than she is now if you can believe it. Ritsu teased her but eventually helped Mio become slightly braver. Back on topic Yui tries to think of what she could be when she grows up. The girls help by suggesting ideas but then other girls explain why Yui would fail at every job. Ritsu and Yui seriously try to turn in their papers under “musicians” but they are laughed at. Yui tries to go around her school asking what her classmates plan on doing but that just confuses her even more. Eventually she puts down “For now I will do the best I can”. It is almost a magical moment….until Sawako says now. All is well in the world. The end!

Ah the future. I like how this episode was meant to make the girls focus on the future and instead they spent half of it talking about the past. Somehow I saw that happening and I am quite pleased with that. XD

Photobucket

Begone fun killer!

Although I do roll my eyes at the thought of Nodoka being a MATURE 4 year old. Of course not all 4 year olds are as special as Yui and her crayon eating self. But I don’t think tiny kids have the ability to be mature. Unless they are indigo kids or something. I am happy that Nodoka hasn’t gotten her own episode yet, she proves me right again. Boring.

Photobucket

Red dye 40 alert!

But tiny baby Yui was awesome. I knew she was going to eat that crayon. Or at least try. I do think those kids were pretty mean to laugh at her sweet and innocent dream of becoming a kindergarten teacher. RUDE LITTLE KIDS! Yui forgetting ingredients is funny and I blame her group. Really, leaving the most important ingredient to someone you know is a flake…they are the special ones.

Photobucket

QUESTIONS ARE HARD!

Baby Mio flashbacks were a happy surprise. XO What a spaz that kid was. Asking a simple question made her almost have a meltdown. She is kinda lucky that Ritsu took pity on her silly self. XD But at least Mio has been consistent in her freak outs. I guess some kids are just nervous and when people ask questions about books they lose their minds.

Photobucket

Well...it is funnier than underwear.

Ritsu came out looking like a star in the Mio flashback. Sure she might have teased Mio a bit much there….but I probably would have too if Mio was going to be a baby about simple questions. But Ritsu really stepped up to the plate when Mio really needed her. She proved that she could be a caring friend and helped get Mio to come out of her shell….sorta anyway. Yay for pineapples.

WHY DIDN’T WE GET BABY MUGI FLASHBACKS?! I feel as if K-On!! hates Mugi sometimes. Haters! :( She would have been so cute. I guess she was left out since she didn’t have a buddy to reminisce with about the good old days. Still…sadness fills my soul.

Photobucket

Who needs English when you have...friends who can translate for you? XD

I can really relate to Yui and Ritsu’s apprehension towards the future. Heck I am 26 years old and I really don’t know what I want to do with my life. I am kinda just drifting along and delivering pizzas while doing so. So I can see how at 17/18 the idea of deciding your future is really scary. Oh let me write down one sentence that will determine the rest of my life OKAY! Scary stuff man.

Photobucket
If you hadn't laughed at her then she wouldn't be in danger of being a NEET now.

I know that there is some pressure here in America to decide your future in high school. For me it was go to college or…well you better go to college. But I am sure the pressure is much worse in Japan where if you do not decide to automatically go to college/seek work you are destined to be a NEET. And being a NEET is horrible people. The worse thing ever. So instead of glaring at Nodoka for pressuring Yui I guess I will thank her. In the context of their culture I shall not stab Nodoka.

Photobucket

How can you mess up being a florist?!

I think my favorite part of the show was when people were suggesting to Yui what she should be and immediately someone else would think of a reason on why that would be fail. Poor Yui. People tell her to think of her future and in the next breath they tell her she is good at nothing. Good times good times. What was my favorite almost career scene? Well I do think that Yui would make a good florist but her almost puking on the bus was pretty funny too.

Photobucket

Yui...being mature?! XO

When Yui turned her paper in to Sawako saying “going to try my best” I went wow. That is really the correct answer. Yui was told to fill out the paper about what she wants to do with her future. Trying her best is what she can do for her future. She really has no idea what she wants to do and saying anything else would be a lie.

Photobucket

DENIED!

But then the AW moment is smashed to the ground and broken into a million pieces and pooped on by a giant elephant. It was awesome. Sawako was like NO you fail try again. Perfect. So perfect beyond words. I laugh at Yui’s pain. Maybe laughing is cruel….but expecting Sawako to see beauty in Yui’s answer is like expecting my cat to love me. Never going to happen so might as well laugh at Yui’s sad little expression.

In the end Ritsu and Yui have no idea what to do with their lives. Which is fine to me but probably bad considering their culture. But either way I am sure it will work out. They can go to college and play around until something sticks. XD Of course it is better not to play around in college since it costs money but if they are being forced to go they can do a variety of things until something holds their attention. I have the faith in them. Because as seen in last episode, once you graduate from high school you get a new wardrobe and brand new mature attitude! So rejoice Yui and Ritsu, all is not lost woohoo!

This episode was pretty awesome. This blog post might not be as I am busy having my mind explode over LOST. I have forgotten so much and now they are throwing new confusing stuff at me. That and Miles is really hot. I hope he doesn’t die too soon. But yes confusing LOST and awesome K-On!! episode. Next week hopefully I will be less confused and be lucky enough to have another great K-On!! episode. See ya then.

Total blogging time: 2 hours and 27 minutes. YAY FOR LOST!

4 comments:

blindability said...

Haters indeed! More Mugi, I say. She seemed like she had something important to share too and I was sorely disappointed when we just saw the flashbacks of everyone else's past (though those were good too).

(And I think cats express their love through their utter indifference to everyone and everything around them. It makes them special, haha.)

Christina said...

blindability- Mugi was so eager to get back to the clubroom that I thought she had something to add/say. But as usual she is happy listening to other people's stories and sharing with their happiness. Hopefully soon it will be Mugi day and she will be the center of attention.

Jesus159159159 said...

"But what about the turtle?!"

I'm glad they forgot about the turtle or else Yui would have eaten it or something! =P

I agree with the pressure of Japan's society, but at the same time I wonder just how Yui managed to become a Senior/reach her last year of high school? I can only assume she copied Mugi's/Mio's answers. (wait, they are seniors, right?)

"I am kinda just drifting along and delivering pizzas while doing so."

You don't know how awesome that sentence was! Well, I know I shouldn't be praising something like that, but... idk, it was just a cool statement in a "Don't Worry, Be Happy!" sense.

Christina said...

Jesus159159159- Knowing Yui she probably would have eaten the turtle. Should the club's turtle be worried...

Yui represents the other side of the pressure situation. While most kids shouldn't be scared into making a decision Yui is off in crazy land not caring. XD There should be a happy place in the middle but Yui is probably too busy eating crayons. Someone is going to be in a world full of shock without friends to copy off of. XD

XD I wish my mom would think they way you did. Apparently I am "wasting my life" but as long as my husband and I have enough money to live in our reasonable house and put food in our stomachs I really don't care what I do in life. Trying for MORE usually doesn't make people happy so I am happy with being Just Fine.