Saturday, May 22, 2010

Summer 2010 Anime Line-Up


Photobucket

Summer fun for everyone! Insert random trips to the beach!

It seriously feels like yesterday when I made this post for the Spring 2010 anime season. Now suddenly we are getting ready for the Summer 2010 anime season? Where is my year going?! Why does work drag on forever and my fun time at home whoosh by me....

Whatever the case I have decided I shall post what I think I shall be watching/blogging about during the summer months and my overall opinion of the summer season.

Sadly this post will be short and my thoughts on this upcoming season will probably be very similar to many people's out there. *sigh*. At least the Spring season was good to us?

Kuroshitsuji 2

Photobucket

Um...where is my Ceil?

Synopsis: A sequel to the first Kuroshitsuji anime, about a 12 year old English Noble and his impeccably skilled butler, who happens to be a demon. The new series will introduce butler Claude Faustus and master Alois Trancy as the principal characters.

Not going to lie…really disappointed in this summary. I truly thought any new season of this show would be about Ceil and Sebastian. Because in my stupid mind I thought OH SNAP Sebastian really didn’t kill a 12 year old kid and something happen that gives Ceil another chance at life. But then the hard core fans out there would be all pissy about the ending being useless or something. Whatever, I had my hopes up to see Ceil again and now I am disappointed.

So now we have two new characters that people can pair up despite the fact that one of them is 12. 12 people! Not sure how I feel about this. It could be a To Aru Majutsu no Index/To Aru Kagaku no Railgun situation and I will enjoy the new characters. Or I could find myself hating the show and wishing to see my old favorites. I guess we will see. Sebastian was hotter and Ceil was not as creepy looking.

High School of the Dead

Photobucket

BRAINNNNNNS!!!

Synopsis: The world is plunged into chaos when an outbreak of a supposed disease transmitted by bites causes people to become the living dead. In Japan, a group of students and a nurse find their high school overrun and must group together to escape and survive.

I love zombie movies. I love cheesy Sci-Fi movies. I love cheesy Sci-Fi movies about zombies. I especially love Resident Evil. I am not sure if this show is going to have a comic edge to the end of the world (as seen in some moments of Dawn of the Dead) or it it’s going to only be doom and gloom and holy crap things are really bad. Either way I am willing to give this show a whirl. I predict this show will be one of the more popular shows of the season.

Although…I am a little bit put off by all the images of this show/manga I am finding on the web. Lots of huge boobies. TONS. Like gross looking kind of huge. This is bumming me out. :( Hopefully the show won’t be that pervy. Actually I think I can handle a bit of pervy but not boobs that are shaped in a way that is not even remotely possible or sexy. What are you thinking silly boys!

And…that’s it. Strike Witch is on my watch list but since I haven’t seen season one yet I can’t go MOG YAY NEW SEASON! I might pick this show up if I catch up on season one before season two starts. Amagami SS almost sounded interesting until I read the summary more carefully. I am not sure how I feel about the main dude hooking up with all the girls. Too many what ifs and lets start over from the beginning crap going on there. The art looks nice which really makes me pout. :(

The summer season is looking really light. :( Which is fine considering the Spring season has really been full and positive for me. Had the Spring season been crap I would be a little more disappointing but I can’t be greedy. So while I am sad maybe I can focus on catching up on some older shows or reading more mangas.

2 comments:

SPIRAL said...

Only watching two? I would think that Amagami SS and Saki might be worth the watch

Christina said...

SPIRAL- I do think Amagami SS might be a good show. But I am not sure how I would like the main character ending up with every single girl. It might be refreshing to see different points of view and how people can really change around someone else. But I am kind of a romantic and want someone to only be for another person. XD But it does sound like a good show.