Monday, October 22, 2012

Little Busters episode 2

Hello there my lovely readers! Despite yesterday being one of my days off absolutely no blogging got done. Probably because I was too busy having the craziest doctor’s experience ever. I felt like I was in the Twilight Zone, on Punk, and whatever reality show I can think of to describe the insanity that was yesterday. Lets just all hope and pray my husband eventually gets this new position at his work so we can get better insurance and I don’t have to put up with the shadiest doctor’s office EVER for much longer. (See I wrote that last week!! What is wrong with me?!)
Photobucket
Or a bake a cake. Either way.
Now that I have slightly recovered from my visit and can partially see out of my eye again…it is anime blogging time! Up now is Little Busters episode 2. Spoilers for Tenchi nearly getting her inspirational speech about baseball.
Photobucket
How is that possible you crazy girl?
Episode Summary: After confirming that Riki is not their teacher in disguise the candy girl emerges from her hiding spot. Her name is Komari and despite sounding like a 5 year old sits near Riki in class. She shares her treats with Riki and asks him to promise not to tell others about her secret hiding spot. Komari goes on and on about how sweets make her happy so sharing the sweets with Riki will make her happy and soon the happy will spread all over the world. Riki is really touched by her positive attitude and asks her if she wants to play baseball. When Komari is unsure what exactly baseball is Riki is like okay maybe this is not a good fit. Onward to class Riki goes. Rin skips out on her classroom duties which causes the other girls in the class to talk ill about her. Apparently Rin isn’t earning much friends when she skips out to play with her cats instead of cleaning the classroom and Rin only hanging out with the boys doesn’t go over well. Riki finds Rin in her usual spot of cat petting and tells her of his concerns. Rin doesn’t seem to care about those girls and insists she has a friend….whom she doesn’t know their name. Before Riki can really roll his eyes they notice there are notes attached to some of the cats. The first one talks about a great secret/mystery of the world and how they (the person who wrote the note) might tell them. Riki is immediately filled with happy visions of the future hanging out with friends, new and old. The second note says that maybe they will tell them the secret…but the boys storage unit needs to be clean. Riki is then let down and declares it a prank.
Photobucket
Why are you dancing all the time?
Riki goes to his room to hang out with Kyousuke and Masato and he talks about how he suffers from narcolepsy, something that prevents him from having fun at times and affects his ability to make friends. Rin busts in with cleaning supplies and says they are cleaning up that storage unit. Riki, Masato, Kyousuke, and Rin arrive at the building and it is totally disgusting. Kyousuke spends a lot of his time reading mangas and Masato gets a bit picked on by Rin. Suddenly Komari is at the door. She was touched by Riki’s words earlier and wants to help. Rin gets all shy but Komari continues to help and soon the room is nice and clean minus a spider and a skirt tear. Komari is like WEEE we cleaned the baseball room lets play. They explain to her that this was not the baseball room but decide that maybe she can be a member if she tries out. Rin, Masato, and Riki agree if she isn’t that great they will just politely let her go on her way. Komari starts off by passionately saying what baseball is all about with makes Kyousuke a little blind to the situation. Then she proceeds to not be very good at baseball. The other three are prepared to send Komari on her way but then she passionately states what baseball is all about and Kyousuke invites her to play with open arms. Komari is very excited as this means she can get to know Rin. This leads to Rin running off all embarrassed but the two manage to bond later. Riki tries to join in on this bonding moment too but passes out from his narcolepsy which appears to frightening everyone. THE END!
Photobucket
Kyousuke is a hard man to convince let me tell you.
Ah. An anime that doesn’t require me to do much thinking. I can just sit back and relax. I can wait for the horrible thing to happen while seeing everyone all happy and smiling now. That makes the horrible thing much more horrible right? Of course we should be enjoying the great time these high school kids are having. No one is getting run over by a car, getting stuck in a video game, or attacking a sparkling pokemon unicorn. Life is good in Little Busters.
Photobucket
I can't screenie an annoying voice so...
Except someone has an annoying voice. Just….Komari…I want to shove my head through a window when you open your mouth. XD Is that a little too harsh. I can’t put my finger on what it was. It sounded slow…both as in slow and slooooooooooooooooooow. Like someone needed to save the girl from herself because she would be likely to walk herself off a pier and drown. But in an annoying way. Not a cute way. Hopefully more girls join the harem soon so she won’t be the center of attention.
Photobucket
Sure. You go and do that.
But besides her voice Komari seemed like a nice person. Missing a few French fries and screws but otherwise harmless. I like a girl with a bag full of snacks. It was very nice of her to share with Riki. I am a bit….what is the word….I am not greedy or stingy but if I only have one of something I don’t think I would give it away. Like if I had two doughnuts I would share one with someone, not give them my only one. And not with someone I didn’t even know. My doughnuts!
Photobucket
Um....sure you are....
I do think that Komari is funny. Or the concept of eating on the roof is funny. Like oh snap this is your secret spot. Just like every other anime in the world. And every building has a roof! Why is it such a secret or sought after spot? To me it seems like the obvious cool spot to eat at thus it would be taken by everyone and not really that great of a spot if that makes sense. But it is Komari’s secret spot. Don’t tell anyone okay?!
Photobucket
But...never mind. Don't want you.
Riki asks Komari to join the baseball team but doesn’t really follow through on it. It sorta falls in his lap latter but maybe Riki thought Komari was a lost cause. Certainly she didn’t know much about the sport. I notice that Riki looks up at the sky often. He talks about it being blue and what not. I actually think the sky looks pretty fake in the series thus far. Or cheap I mean. If this is going to be Riki’s thing, looking at the sky, it could look better than if I colored it. Just saying.
Photobucket
That would be fun, each week a new adventure. Oh wait that was another show....
Kyousuke seems fun. I like how he came to breakfast declaring that they start a band. Reminds me of a certain girl who always thought of crazy plans but never stuck with them long. Like I just thought of something cool to do….but that was yesterday and now I have a new plan. It looks like this happens all the time given the reaction of his friend. But Kyousuke got back on track and it is baseball time. Get some members now!
Photobucket
He never takes the robes off so Masato is going to watch them.
I thought I was going to like Kengo but now he might be pissing me off that he is wearing his kendo robes all the time. Okay maybe I think he is a jerk for not being on the team. I know that Kyousuke is being special and Kengo has his own thing but he could pretend to be interested instead of separating himself from the group. Oh and then I noticed that Komari is wearing a different kind of uniform from the Little Busters. What is with these people wearing different uniforms? Uniforms are supposed to make them all look the same. Craziness. Wait what was I talking about again?
Photobucket
Psht we hate her and her cats.
After Masato and Kengo had their daily battle it was time for Rin to get a little attention. I thought that the girls talking about Rin was a bit forced. I wish it hadn’t been so in your face, look all the girls in the class hate Rin. A little bit more natural since these are real people. Obviously. I did see one girl not taking part in the “Rin bashing” so obviously she is going to be on the baseball team later. But honestly Rin should do her chores in the classroom and the other girls shouldn’t be jealous that Rin has guy friends.
Photobucket
I think a note would last about 5 seconds on my cat...
Rin and her cats are cute. But who the hell is tying notes to the cats?! I guess this secret of the world is going to be the super natural part of the show. Riki had a bit of a vision when he read the note and he seems pretty interested in the mystery. The question is why is someone sending notes Rin via cat? Of course another question would be WHO but why is what really matters. Or what. So many questions. How does this person know this mystery and why would they send it to Rin who would then include her friends?
Photobucket
Are spiders a mystery in this world?
I am sure the Little Busters were to find something in that storage place. Unless this whole thing is a joke and Riki just ends up finding out the secret in life. Or the secret is spending time with friends and by doing all these tasks they will spend time together. But in any event…that was a pretty nasty place. If a spider fell on my I would be out the door screaming. It was nice that the other Little Busters and random Komari helped with this boring task. So…yeah just Rin being embarrassed and Kyousuke reading manga. Nothing to see here folks.
Photobucket
I would be like that too so no fear Komari.
The fact that Komari couldn’t play baseball was not surprising. Nor can I really make fun of her for not being able to play baseball. When I was in 6th grade one of my parents had the amazing idea to sign me up for the youth softball team at our church. I wanted to hit people with the bat but I doubt I could strike them. My aim was that bad. So you did your best Komari! You and horrible voice did your best. I love how everyone else was looking like…um no but Kyousuke was like welcome to the team with his weird rules. Not that they can be picky at this point. Mean Riki.
Photobucket
So like you dead mon?
Rin being shy around girls…well she better strap up. Err buckle up. Because it looks like Riki is going to pick up tons of girls along the way. I guess it is understandable that Rin is weird around girls if she was only friends with these 4 boys for so long. Komari must need some friends because she was all up on that friendship weeee!
Photobucket
So many details in this awesome screenie.
The show ends with Riki passing out from his narcolepsy. He briefly mentioned it earlier in the episode, how it affected him all his life. I have seen some narcoleptic characters before but they were around for comic relief. Not something that is actually serious and needs to be treated as such. Since Riki spoke about his narcolepsy I am going to assume it is the serious kind and probably has affected his ability to make friends and have fun. Thus why he really depends on the Little Busters and will probably bring in more people to make the baseball dream come true. So one down….4 to go? Judging by the pictures though I think there will be way more than 4. XD

4 comments:

Anonymous said...


Here's my question for Little Bustahs (the intetentional misspelling is almost a meme to me). LOL XD

Why don't they try to join a high school baseball team? I mean, they are trying to form a baseball team right? So why not join and be the best in an already established school team? It cuts down on the headache of recruiting and scouting players. Plus if they are really good players, they might earn popularity points with the school Or maybe Japanese schools don't have teams- I might be wrong and they have sport clubs instead. Or I might be missing some key plot points here. I can tell you my high school (and all the other schools) had an official school baseball team with a coach.

Did some traumatic thing happened to Rin that makes her very shy around girls? Realistically, all the girls I've met were never shy like Rin. So that must mean something traumatic happened in her past regarding girls/strangers.

Riki (representing the player from the visual novel) is starting to be like the player-character Producer (or Broducer for the fans) from idolm@ster. The Producer was also in the anime of idolm@ster as well. But Producer seems more like a brother figure to the pop singers in idolm@ster than a baseball player.

I agree with you Christina. This is the calm before the drama-storm. It's all happiness until somebody's heart breaks. It WILL happen because this episode is too happy.

eternia said...

The school's baseball team was disbanded. I think Kyousuke has already explained it when they were checking out the club room. I doubt they will join even if the club existed. Because, you see, Kyousuke is a nutcase. He made Rin the goddess of bad control into the pitcher. And he made Riki the weakest guy into the fourth batter. To make things more interesting, he said.

Komari doesn't wear different uniform, she wears sweater on top of them!

Who write those letters? What is the secret of the world ? It will be explained, at the final arc....

Anonymous said...

Hello @Eternia

First anonymous here.

Thank you for clarifying about the school team being disbanded. I knew I was missing some small key plot points here. I know, I should pay attention to the dialogue more.

:)

Christina said...

Anonymous- I was more surprised they were allowed to use any of that equipment or a room. Even if there was no formal team or not. I do think that if there was a formal team...they wouldn't let this band of misfits join. XD

I think Rin just had more guy friends growing up and all the girls act weird/jealous around her thus she acts weird/shy. Or maybe her story will be tragic too, that her only girl friend killed her pet cat and now Rin can only talk to cats and boys.

Everything is all rainbows and chocolate doughnuts until the truth comes out and everyone cries.

Eternia- It is amazing how different a sweater makes it all look. It does make her look more fluffy with the sleeves looking so huge.

Last arc?! Psht! But I guess that makes sense. If things are like Clannad and all. Maybe it will be fun seeing who is sending the notes. I think I read about it once but I forgot. XD I have an idea but that isn't saying much since I READ IT! Also a note would last 5 seconds on my Kira. She would eat them and drag them in the mud.