Thursday, August 12, 2010

K-On!! Season Two Episode 19

No work again today. I didn’t need money anyway. It’s not like a just bought a giant elephant or anything. But on the upside my husband might be on the road to recovery (after that $131 bill and a gross procedure). However he is going to be out of commission for a while too. Good thing we had a super fun weekend last week. XD That will have to do until next month when we have a blast at AWA.

Photobucket

Ritsu makes me smile when all I want to do is cough.

But for now I will stay hydrated, take my nasty medicine, and blog some anime. Because taking out the trash nearly killed me. Luckily today is K-On!! day so it should be bright and happy. K-On!! is the kind of series where you know what you are getting into and if it’s extra amazing WOOHOO for you.

So I hope you are prepared for cross dressing girls and over dramatic situations. Because it is time for a play people! Oh Romeo!



Photobucket

This episode made me hungry. Also I want to know what kind of meat that was.

Episode Summary: A corner store clerk is momentarily distracted because he has never seen school girls wearing festival clothes. Because Azusa and Jun have to buy supplies the day OF the festival. WOOHOO PARTY TIME! Azusa makes a pit stop to see how the older girls are doing. She smiles at the chaos and moves on. Mio is freaking out, Ritsu is on point, and something about pumpkins. The younger girls finish their shift at their restaurant and walk around to enjoy the festival. They go and attend the Romeo and Juliet play but Azusa is sad that they hardly got to practice for the Light Music Club’s performance. Backstage Mio is losing her mind and the other girls are like WOOHOO let’s do this. And on the play goes. Yui almost sneezes because she fails at being a tree. Also Mio and Ritsu have a giggle on stage because acting out a love scene with your best friend is weird. But overall Mio is not nervous and Ritsu does a lovely job.

Photobucket

Attack of Yui caterpillar!

There was some stupid drama about losing the tombstone in the last scene and MOG they need the tombstone despite the fact that Romeo and Juliet did not have a graveyard scene but whatever dudes! There is scrambling going and they borrow some weird rock from the occult club (because they like cow mutilations or something). Romeo and Juliet both die and the play is a success. Azusa goes to the club room to pout about not practicing. All the older girls arrive and pick on Azusa for pouting and then declare that they are going to pull an all nighter so they will put on the perfect performance. Sawako brings them sleeping bags before she goes to work on their costumes while Ui brings the club food later. Yay for practicing. There is some minor drama because Ritsu didn’t ask permission to spend the night at t he school but that gets taken care of. The girls walk around the school as they did not get to experience the festival earlier. The tombstone is found and they make nice with the occult club people. Then all the girls turn into silly caterpillars as they become super sleepy. Sawako wakes up the tiny bugs early in the morning to show off their new costumes and generally look like a crazy pants. THE END!

Photobucket

That's the spirit Mugi!!! My random little butterfly!

The school festival is finally here ya’ll. Of course we didn’t get the performance but were you expecting it? XD I wasn’t. They have to milk this series for all its worth and that means having two school festival episodes. But since this episode was fun I shall forgive them.

Photobucket

Looks like too much work to me.

Although I do wonder how fun the festival was for the girls. We anime fans love watching key moments in high school shows and festivals are probably top on that list. They seem like loads of fun with food, entertainment, and shenanigans. But how much fun are the high school kids having? The older Light Club members didn’t get to experience any of the fun as they were preparing for their play. And Azusa was tired from her shift at their café to have too much fun anywhere else. I guess it’s like running a booth at an anime convention. Yeah you get to go to a lot of conventions but how much do you really get to see if you are always working? So…yeah I wonder about these festivals.

Photobucket

Be jealous of their stand!

Azusa’s class looked like they had a boring café. XD Well compared to the other clubs/classes anyway. I guess Sawako does not love Azusa like she does the other girls. No costumes for them. But I do wish that we got to see what she was doing as the shopping trip was boring. I guess too much of the focus was on the older girls and not enough for poor Azusa.

Photobucket

This was a totally necessary role.

Poor Yui. Sad tree like Yui. Also where were all the other trees? Can’t help but notice none of them were on stage. I thought she was tree G or J or something. But yeah. There was no point in her wearing the costume and it was a little sad that the other girls were bushes and stuff instead of random towns people. And then Yui couldn’t hack being a tree. So very sad.

Mio was a great Romeo. Sure she had moments of stage fright. I would have bolted and said no way dudes. So Mio gets major props from me. Those girls laughing at Mio trying to psyche herself up are just haters. And rocks apparently. I do think that they could have boyed up Mio’s hair better but she was a very pretty girl playing a boy. Go Mio.

Photobucket

Such a beautiful love scene.

Ritsu was surprisingly well as Juliet. She spoke like a young lady and the wig looked amazing on her. Yeah she was on the balcony laughing but I might too if I was trying to have a love scene with my best friend. Overall I think she did great. Even if I do think the roles should have been reversed Ritsu managed to pull off being a feminine girl destined for death.

Photobucket

That random rock will have to do.

The drama over the missing tombstone was….dramatic. I mean they were painting the pieces the morning OF so how did they manage to misplace the rock? But putting that aside K-On!! is good on making situations more X_X than they need to be. The play went off pretty perfectly but then everyone panicked over a rock because young girls need something to spaz about. Also now we have met two new people at this school. Moo cows don’t bother me.

Photobucket

Such a sad little Azusa :(

Azusa loved the play but not all over focus was on how amazing Yui was as a rock. She was worried that they didn’t practice enough for their own performance. Which I can understand. Again I don’t know how much fun these school festivals are if people have to judge classroom duties with club duties. When is their time for anyone to have fun?! I guess they could have found time to practice but that would be silly. Having foresight and all. And then I think of Pokémon moves.

Photobucket

Yay for crazy talk!

So the girls decide it is time to have an all nighter. Spending the night at school doesn’t sound fun to me but I am happy the girls had fun. Hopefully some real practice got done. I do like that they didn’t pull a true all nighter as that would leave them exhausted and unable to perform which haha isn’t that the point? I like that they played around a little and ate a semi healthy dinner.

Photobucket

Grossin me out :(

But those sleeping bags have to go. I hate caterpillars and that is what they looked like. Tiny bugs that needed to be squished!

Photobucket

To sleepy to pay attention to you!

Also Sawako needs some rest people. I hope that she will be able to enjoy the performance tomorrow (next week) as she is busy making everyone a costume. I thought she was going to make the girls more elaborate costumes but maybe next week I will be wowed. But since she was so tired whatever she came up with would and was appreciated.

Next week we will finally get some music XO Although after all that waiting I see the club is only scheduled for 30 minutes of fun. But I guess the fun events need a lot of time to prepare for and during the fun time flies. I want to hear some music (and maybe Mugi singing). So yay this is finally happening. Thank goodness.

No comments: