Wednesday, April 28, 2010

K-On!! Season Two Episode 4

Ah Wednesdays. Short day at work, people yelling at me because of said short day, and K-On!! Even though I like my work days (sorta helps me ease into the work week) K-On!! is still the best part of Wednesdays. Mugi if you thinking working in the food industry is so fun come work for me. XD

Photobucket

Everyone say lycopene!

Pack your bags, put on your best tourist clothes, and come join the K-On!! girls on their senior field trip! Spoilers and souvenirs for all!


Photobucket

This almost makes me miss high school. Then I remember being poor, homework, and cheerleaders.

Episode Summary: Ui is busy packing Yu’s bag for Yui’s high school field trip. Poor unappreciated Ui. Also Yui and Ui’s parents were really lazy when it came to baby names. Off the girls and other unimportant classmates go on a train heading towards Kyoto. Yui and Ritsu do their usual crazy antics but this time with twice as many snacks. Mio doesn’t seem to be on board for all this fun though as she constantly tells the girls to calm down and act their age. Sawako also tries to control the girls as they are being special at a temple. But there is plenty of typical temple stuff going on and yummy food to eat in town. Dinner is uneventful except Yui and Ritsu can’t eat most of it because they pigged out on snacks and there is a random bath scene where Ritsu tries to drown Yui. The best scene of the entire episode occurs when Mugi starts a pillow fight and it ends with Ritsu hitting Sawako. The girls flop on the floor pretending nothing happened and Sawako steps on Ritsu out of revenge.

Photobucket

Surely we shall die.

After the girls get down with pillow fight number two Ritsu starts mumbling weird things in her sleep. Mugi and Yui are amused, Mio is not impressed, and Tenchi is confused. But I am sure it was funny. As was Ritsu trying to talk like someone from Kyoto. The next day the class is given a free day which is good since no one was listening to Sawako anyway. Mio tries to kill the fun but Ritsu and Yui decide it is time for monkey park. The girls briefly talk about how sad it that Azusa isn’t there but the topic is quickly changed to buying awesome stuff and OH NOS I forgot to buy souvenirs. After a day of fun the Light Music Club members try to find the train station but fail. Several times. They think they are saved when they locate Nodoka but apparently her group is lost too. They all eventually make it back to the hotel but Sawako is still mad. Slowly Mio starts laughing at Ritsu’s antics and starts having fun with the other girls. But then it is time to go back home and pass Mt. Fuji again. The end!

Photobucket

Smile or else!

Yay for school trips. XD Apparently the writers heard me and decided to skip the summer trip and focus on something more educational and less fun. Or they couldn’t stop showing the fun sides of high school and picked a field trip instead. Either way I am happy.

Photobucket

Although she does realize the fun times are nearly over...or at least changing.

I worry for Yui when she goes out into the real world. X_X I guess that goes for all characters who are written like Yui. Nagisa had a bit of Yui in her but I thought maybe…if she married Tomoya directly after high school she would be okay. XD But I don’t trust Yui to cross the street by herself. But that is applying logic to the situation! Yui is fun to watch if you don’t pretend she is a real person. Or worry about her friends that constantly have to take care of her.
But Yui I am with you on the snack thing. Trips of for eating bad food! One must keep up their energy when on vacation. So snack away. The sound of you chewing will drown out all the haters.

Photobucket

Sorry mom!

Mio can be a bit of a kill joy at times. The first half of the episode Mio was whining and complaining whenever someone was trying to have fun. Granted some of the things Ritsu and Yui did/said were a bit immature but come on. They are on their last high school trip ever (or at least I think they are…). That is the time where you act all touristy and act a little crazy. I guess I see this more as normal teenager behavior while ignoring that this is still Japan and the rules are different. :( Still Mio didn’t have to act that annoyed all the time. Snacks for all!

Photobucket

Even Ritsu is shocked at Mio letting loose.

Of course this being K-On!! and Mio being Mio she did loosen up in the second half of the episode and was acting more like the other girls. I rather her have “fun” in her own way and not have the show resort to OH MY she dropped the snacks just like Yui but meh. I wanted Mio to chill out and she did. And I guess the other girls are use to her being a stick in the mud and don’t mind her mom like attitude. They are slowly trying to bring her to the dark side (dark side=fun!).

Photobucket

Exactly. Only not.

I didn’t get a lot of the jokes in this episode. Which is fine but I do think it held me back from experiencing all the fun. Like what the girls were whispering to each other when they were trying to sleep. Didn’t get what that was all about. I also didn’t get the whole talk like a Kyoto person. But I am sure it is like someone from New England trying to talk like someone from Alabama. And silly subbers I wanted to see what the girls wished for!! XO Why didn’t you write some little sub notes for us?! Err I mean thanks for all your hard work XD

Photobucket

Best scene of the whole episode.

Sawako is so silly. But again I am sure this has to do that this is Japan. To me these kids were all really well behaved. Here in America I can’t imagine one teacher verses an entire class going on a weekend trip. So Sawako getting all RARW over a bit of running around and a pillow fight seems silly to me. But Sawako wants to be known as a responsible teacher so I guess she has to be a little strict. But soon the girls get to her and she starts having fun too. Good for her!

Photobucket

Must test the quality of the ammunition!

Mugi was so cute in this episode. I didn’t know what she had in mind when she was so happy to see those pillows but I probably should have. XD I guess growing up in the household she did there wasn’t many opportunities to have pillow fights. I want to hold out hope that there might be a “Let’s go to Mugi’s house” episode but given how embarrassed she is about having money that might not happen. But Mugi did something completely …unspecial and had a blast. I love her happy face.

Photobucket

Only you can save us now!

There was no Azusa in this episode. Is it sad that I really didn’t miss her? Or that next week I am a bit X_X at the idea of seeing what happened when the senior girls were on their field trip? I am not sure the younger girls could carry the show on their own so I guess we will see how they fare in one episode.

The girls having fun on vacation was fun to watch. I think in general I like seeing people having fun on vacation. I put myself in their situation and think how lovely a vacation would be right now or how much fun it would be exploring a new place. Sure the places were touristy and a bit cliché but it worked for me. Mostly because I would like to go to those kinds of places if I go to Japan. XD

Overall I approve of this episode despite the lack of music or club related material. Just 4 girls having fun with each other and annoying their teacher. Fun for all, even Mio!

7 comments:

Linna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mint said...

Whoops, wrong account xD This was another cute episode~ I missed Azu-nyan, though! And at the beginning, I totally got fooled x3 I thought Yui was actually packing her things responsibly, but of course it was Ui.

I hope we can hear some new music soon :D

Christina said...

Mint- I was fooled too. I was like pick me off the floor Yui is being responsible (or at the very least....not lazy) but of course it was Ui. XD

I do think it is a little weird that we are on episode 4 and no new music yet. Hopefully that changes soon!

blindability said...

While I'd like to be optimistic, I don't think we'll see any music in the upcoming episode - but I'd loved to be proved wrong!

(The girls pretending to be asleep to avoid the wrath of Sawa-chan was so funny. Actually, I watched most of this episode with a smile on my face, broken only by laughter.)

Christina said...

blindability- Yeah I think we are going to have to wait at least two more episodes to see any new music. Episode 5 looks like we are going to see what the younger girls were up to when the seniors were on their trip. They might mess around with the instruments but not break out into random song. I just find it funny we have so much music in Angel Beats and none on a music show.

I love the random funny moments because I can imagine my friends and I doing the same thing at their age (and maybe now). Caught doing something bad? Pretend to be asleep. XD It was hilarious!

Anonymous said...

that episode was so cute, x3 how Ritsu scared Mio but they ended up hugging each other scared by Sawa-chan xD

Christina said...

Anonymous- This episode was one of my favorites of the new season. Especially them floppin on the floor pretending to be asleep. XD